If You Are Scared To Cruise, Don't Cruise.

8 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I don't know how I would have made it through today had I not seen your advice.

Cruisers who are not willing to cruise until things calm down or are assured reasonable measures are being taken to at least attempt to protect their health (and their family's health) aren't "scared" necessarily.  But if they are scared, fear is at times a very good instinct to possess.

I'm not "scared" of a snake and I even go so far as to relocate corn snakes and other nonvenomous ones I find around the aviaries.  But I'm sure not going to capture and relocate a water moccasin or copperhead.  I don't want to be bitten and that's just being careful and respectful of the danger.  It's not necessarily being scared although I do have a fear of what can happen when either of these snakes strike.

I feel the same way about this horrible virus.  I'm not willing to put myself or my family and especially my animals through the experience.

I don't think that is fear I just think that is remembering there are consequences for every action I choose to take.

This may very well be the BEST ever post on CC

Can't say I am afraid to cruise but I do wonder what it will be like and will it be too restricted to be fun?  Return to normal, or what we are used to, is likely to take a while.  I am anxious to return to cruising and having a drink at sail away with fellow CC cruisers and enjoying sharing stories about all of this!! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

People forget if they get sick with COVID19, they put the 1st Responders in harms way. It matters not if those 1st Responders are scared. They have no choice but to risk infection by treating patients. 

In my opinion 

What really annoys me are the protests in Connecticut to reopen business.  Do they really think the Governor doesn't want business to start up again? There are still idiots in NY having social gatherings and being fined for the gatherings and arrested for drug possession. These people should be banned from any hospital treatment should they get Covid. I count my blessings that I'm unemployed and stuck at home and that my wife can work from home. These first responders have no choice and they risk their life everyday working long hours. Show some respect.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

What really annoys me are the protests in Connecticut to reopen business.  Do they really think the Governor doesn't want business to start up again? There are still idiots in NY having social gatherings and being fined for the gatherings and arrested for drug possession. These people should be banned from any hospital treatment should they get Covid. I count my blessings that I'm unemployed and stuck at home and that my wife can work from home. These first responders have no choice and they risk their life everyday working long hours. Show some respect.

I saw a Bartender friend from a cruise on FB. We went to his bar when we were in the City the week before Christmas. He and his wife are out and about daily. Today it was Rockaway Beach in Queens. 

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

I saw a Bartender friend from a cruise on FB. We went to his bar when we were in the City the week before Christmas. He and his wife are out and about daily. Today it was Rockaway Beach in Queens. 

Today was a terrible day for the beach. Wind rain and hail. At least that was out doors. The people getting arrested were indoors.   

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ToroAzul said:

There are no guarantees in life. 

Totally agree.  I live my life for today.  I live each day to the fullest and do not live in fear.  I can die tomorrow over any number of things.  Cruising makes us happy.  I will cruise forever if possible.  This stupid virus is not going to stop us.  The day they open cruising is the day we will be on a ship.

• Like 2

Totally agree.  I live my life for today.  I live each day to the fullest and do not live in fear.  I can die tomorrow over any number of things.  Cruising makes us happy.  I will cruise forever if possible.  This stupid virus is not going to stop us.  The day they open cruising is the day we will be on a ship.

I’m going to be interested in seeing what changes are put in place once cruising resumes. I suspect cruises will never be exactly as we have experienced in the past and may not be as enjoyable, at least initially.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m sure the families of the 175,000 people that have died from this “stupid virus” are happy for you and your courage.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

I’m sure the families of the 175,000 people that have died from this “stupid virus” are happy for you and your courage.

And my brother (21 years old) died in a car accident and my father (63) died of cancer.  That is why I live the way I live.  Everyone has their opinion.  I just happen to believe in not being scare to live, because it can be gone tomorrow.

Edited by karena1
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, karena1 said:

And my brother (21 years old) died in a car accident and my father (63) died of cancer.  That is why I live the way I live.  Everyone has their opinion.  I just happen to believe in not being scare to live, because it can be gone tomorrow.

Do you not consider the fact that you could spread it to other people when you return?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

Do you not consider the fact that you could spread it to other people when you return?

When we are home, we pretty much are home.  Not worried about spreading it to anyone.  We have a difference of opinions on the way to live which is fine

• Like 2

I take massive issue with those that want to cruise "right now, no matter what, because it's their life". What about my life?

The likelihood of cruising too early and an eventual positive infection/quarantine scenario may put a temporary end to cruising and likely immediate bankruptcies as well as further lengthy shutdowns yet again of cruising all over the world. It would surely delay the actual cruising for someone like me, who wishes to wait for a later day and the right moment when it's actually safe for me to cruise without putting YOU at risk.

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jndsilver31 said:

a friend once told me there are 3 things guaranteed in this life: taxes, death and concrete cracking

Brings backs memories. Used to work in purchasing/contracting for a homebuilder, and I would tell our future homeowners that.

10 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

I take massive issue with those that want to cruise "right now, no matter what, because it's their life". What about my life?

The likelihood of cruising too early and an eventual positive infection/quarantine scenario may put a temporary end to cruising and likely immediate bankruptcies as well as further lengthy shutdowns yet again of cruising all over the world. It would surely delay the actual cruising for someone like me, who wishes to wait for a later day and the right moment when it's actually safe for me to cruise without putting YOU at risk.

Wise man here

In my opinion 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, karena1 said:

When we are home, we pretty much are home.  Not worried about spreading it to anyone.  We have a difference of opinions on the way to live which is fine

I agree with you.   If we lock down for too long there will be nothing to come back to.    I’m happy to wait until the fall but longer than that what cruiseline will be able to sustain this?   Social distancing will not work on cruise lines.  People taking temperatures prior to boarding and being forced to wash their hands is all that can be done.   If this is not the way to go then are we to accept we will not cruise again?

Again, willing to be patient but I want to cruise again ASAP  

• Like 1