If You Are Scared To Cruise, Don't Cruise.

I'm not scared to cruise....but I'm scared to fly.

(And we have to fly to most of our cruises...not good for us...envious of those who are driving distance to cruise terminals.)

23 minutes ago, maggieq said:

If this is not the way to go then are we to accept we will not cruise again?

You will cruise again... I believe it just won't be very soon in my humble and non-scientific opinion.

24 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Social distancing will not work on cruise lines.

Bingo! So what if every single passenger on your cruise was proven to be not infected?

And there you have it! Full theatres, full dining venues, full everywhere... no one can infect anyone else.

How do we get to this point?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

You will cruise again... I believe it just won't be very soon in my humble and non-scientific opinion.

Bingo! So what if every single passenger on your cruise was proven to be not infected?

And there you have it! Full theatres, full dining venues, full everywhere... no one can infect anyone else.

How do we get to this point?

Great points. As @John&LaLa has stated, how does one deal with the ports?  

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Great points. As @John&LaLa has stated, how does one deal with the ports?  

And airports, and the overnight hotel you stay at pre-cruise, and the pre-cruise dinner and breakfast, and.... and.... and....

It is totally mind boggling and overwhelming. We really need mass testing, some kind of immunity testing, vaccine, etc.

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2020 at 8:01 PM, ToroAzul said:

There are no guarantees in life. 

If You Are Scared To Cruise, Don't Cruise.

I am in awe. Not since Confucius, the Buddha, St. Thomas Aquinas, Spinoza, Professor Irwin Corey (the world's foremost authority), and Alfred E. Neuman (What, Me Worry?) have I experienced advice so profound.

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 10.21.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 10.29.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 10.20.06 PM.png

Death and Taxes.  They are guaranteed!

Actually taxes are not guaranteed (at least income taxes) for at least 44% of Americans apparently. That is why many complained about not getting their stimulus payment timely. They weren’t required to file a tax return, so the IRS did not have their bank account information to deposit the funds directly into their account.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/81-million-americans-wont-pay-any-federal-income-taxes-this-year-heres-why-2018-04-16

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

How about today? I hear you can sit on the beaches again down there 

Don't know about John's county.  But Duval (Jacksonville) beaches are open from 6am-11am and 5pm-10pm.  You can't bring chairs or blankets to lay out.  You can walk/run, fish, and surf.  St Johns county (st augustine) Open 6am-Noon with similar conditions as Duval.

1 minute ago, gatour said:

Don't know about John's county.  But Duval (Jacksonville) beaches are open from 6am-11am and 5pm-10pm.  You can't bring chairs or blankets to lay out.  You can walk/run, fish, and surf.  St Johns county (st augustine) Open 6am-Noon with similar conditions as Duval.

Same here in Volusia (all day though for exercise )  but as of today you can sit on the beach where John is  

Edited by molly361

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

How about today? I hear you can sit on the beaches again down there 

Yep, groups of 5, but you still have to be 6' apart. 

Empty anyway so far, big test will be this afternoon during launch

Yesterday afternoon 

20200421_162930.thumb.jpg.0db58255c425ba4b2953bca223f395e9.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

Bet ya good money that the people who say "I would get on a cruise ship tomorrow or the minute they sail!" haven't been on an affected cruise in the last 6 weeks or so.

You know, when 6 ports where you were scheduled refuse you dockage. And a 7th where you literally had to shove your way out of the port gates which were blocked by citizens yelling "virus!!"  Then not knowing when, if or where you are able to disembark, floating 8000 miles from our shores. 

Having been on exactly that kind of cruise, you literally could not PAY me to sail on a cruise ship until this gets efficiently sorted out.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

Bet ya good money that the people who say "I would get on a cruise ship tomorrow or the minute they sail!" haven't been on an affected cruise in the last 6 weeks or so.

You know, when 6 ports where you were scheduled refuse you dockage. And a 7th where you literally had to shove your way out of the port gates which were blocked by citizens yelling "virus!!"  Then not knowing when, if or where you are able to disembark, floating 8000 miles from our shores. 

Having been on exactly that kind of cruise, you literally could not PAY me to sail on a cruise ship until this gets efficiently sorted out.  

You may be correct however. The ships have been super cleaned and a lot of precautions are now in place. So with that, YES we would go immediately. I had two cancelled because of the virus. My next one booked is September and we are anxious to go. In the process of booking one for July 17. Hope it does not get cancelled.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You may be correct however. The ships have been super cleaned and a lot of precautions are now in place. So with that, YES we would go immediately. I had two cancelled because of the virus. My next one booked is September and we are anxious to go. In the process of booking one for July 17. Hope it does not get cancelled.

What precautions are now in place?  I didn't think any had been announced yet.  All I've heard is speculation.

6 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Cleaning has absolutely nothing to do with the situation.  And what "precautions?"  Do you know something the cruise lines don't know since they have announced nothing of the sort.  Our ship was on Level 1 Red for a big chunk of the sailing, meaning everything was cleaned likely more than ships would be now.  

But I am totally curious.  How are you going to control the ports?  Is there some magic spell that you will enact to force them to allow you to dock if they prohibit it?  And,  BTW, that includes the disembarkation port.  And if you think they can't change their mind within hours you would be sadly mistaken.

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Actually taxes are not guaranteed (at least income taxes) for at least 44% of Americans apparently. That is why many complained about not getting their stimulus payment timely. They weren’t required to file a tax return, so the IRS did not have their bank account information to deposit the funds directly into their account.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/81-million-americans-wont-pay-any-federal-income-taxes-this-year-heres-why-2018-04-16

So, the only taxes anyone pays are on a tax return? 

5 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

What precautions are now in place?  I didn't think any had been announced yet.  All I've heard is speculation.

Princess sent an e-mail to me this morning outlining their plans; however it was disturbing to me that certain things didin't seem to be required - just highly suggested, like washing hands and using sanitizer.