Why Does 1/30/21 Cruise Show Radiance Instead of Mardi Gras?

GTO-Girl

We booked the “Mardi Gras“ for Jan 30th out of Port Canaveral, but now when doing a mock booking it doesn’t show any Mardi Gras cruises until March and the Jan. 30th cruise shows the Radiance.

So am I going on the Radiance or Mardi Gras??????

30 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

We booked the “Mardi Gras“ for Jan 30th out of Port Canaveral, but now when doing a mock booking it doesn’t show any Mardi Gras cruises until March and the Jan. 30th cruise shows the Radiance.

Mardi Gras may sold out. My sailing on Feb 20 is sold out and no longer shows. Radiance is not sold out. Multiple ships sail on the same date from the the same port.

You will be on the Mardi Gras if that is what you booked. 🙂 They switched ships on me one time (because the ships changed ports) and I had plenty of time and options to accept or decline.

Edited by Bookbug53

I think this is going to be a case of ship substitution. There is NO WAY that Carnival will have the demand to sail two ships, one being their largest, on the same date from the same port. That's NOT going to happen.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

It hasn't changed ships. Multiple ships do the same itinerary all the time.  If your sailing doesn't show up when you search there are no rooms available.

1 minute ago, JaxsMama said:

It hasn't changed ships. Multiple ships do the same itinerary all the time.  If your sailing doesn't show up when you search there are no rooms available.

I agree during pre-Covid that's the case, but now with demand way off they won't have the same demand to sail two ships. It's not going to happen.

Other posting here on CC speculate that almost 16 Mardi Gras sailings may be on hold for new reservations , possible more delays at the shipyard .

16 sailings Nov -March went from available to Sold Out in just 1 day a couple months ago.

We are booked on the 12/5/20 cruise which I hold little hope of actually happening .

Edited by MCC retired

13 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I think this is going to be a case of ship substitution. There is NO WAY that Carnival will have the demand to sail two ships, one being their largest, on the same date from the same port. That's NOT going to happen.

I don't understand your post. Carnival sails multiple ships from the same port/same day all the time. Mardi Gras does not show as it is already sold out. Radiance is still available to book. A simple thing that occurs all the time.

Do you honestly think Carnival will pull their largest and newest ship (again all sold out) and substitute a re-furb in it's place?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I agree during pre-Covid that's the case, but now with demand way off they won't have the same demand to sail two ships. It's not going to happen.

While they may reduce the number of ships sailing when crusing starts back up, I doubt that's the case here. People would have been notified and it would be all over here. Also, I can't imagine after spending a fortune on a new ship they would cancel it in favor of a refurb. After the delays in both ships let's just hope they are both finished by then!

• Like 1

Just now, Bookbug53 said:

I don't understand your post. Carnival sails multiple ships from the same port/same day all the time. Mardi Gras does not show as it is already sold out. Radiance is still available to book. A simple thing that occurs all the time.

Do you honestly think Carnival will pull their largest and newest ship (again all sold out) and substitute a re-furb in it's place?

What I am saying is that the Coronavirus Pandemic has changed everything. Yes, cruiselines have always sailed multiple ships from the same port to similar destinations, and the schedule reflects that. But The Mardi Gras is still under construction, as is the Radiance. Whatsmore, because of the pandemic the demand will not be there as before to sail two ships. Remember, you have tens of millions of people out of work right now. If you look beyond Cruise Critic loyal cruisers you will see that the travel industry is in the dumps, no one is traveling and no one knows what the future will bring. In this case there's a high likelihood that the Mardi Gras will be delayed. 

Having myself been disappointed in the MG being delayed previously resulting in a cancelled trip, I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed & say it will be ready for your trip.  However, prepare yourself that it won't be. Unless they're using funds not being refunded to those who have had to cancel due to virus to complete it, not sure where they're finding the $ or the workers to work on it right now.  I would think Carnival can change the website to show sold out or not available with the push of a button.  

11 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

Having myself been disappointed in the MG being delayed previously resulting in a cancelled trip, I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed & say it will be ready for your trip.  However, prepare yourself that it won't be. Unless they're using funds not being refunded to those who have had to cancel due to virus to complete it, not sure where they're finding the $ or the workers to work on it right now.  I would think Carnival can change the website to show sold out or not available with the push of a button.  

The workers work for the shipbuilder (still building in Finland) which I am fairly certain has been paid already. Carnival is not building the ship on a 'pay as you go' basis.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2020 at 11:28 AM, kwokpot said:

You have to take in to consideration that 8 original cruises were canceled for the Mardi Gras.  That's roughly 52,000 people looking to book the same ship at a later date.  Then all of the cruises up to June 27th have been canceled.  Again, some of those passengers booked again at a later date.  Add to that the fact that they are now limiting the amount of passengers per cruise.  Once the ships start sailing again, there is no way that they are going to let one of their ships set idle.  They will do everything in their power to get these ships sailing again.

On 4/21/2020 at 11:54 AM, kwokpot said:

What I am saying is that the Coronavirus Pandemic has changed everything. Yes, cruiselines have always sailed multiple ships from the same port to similar destinations, and the schedule reflects that. But The Mardi Gras is still under construction, as is the Radiance. Whatsmore, because of the pandemic the demand will not be there as before to sail two ships. Remember, you have tens of millions of people out of work right now. If you look beyond Cruise Critic loyal cruisers you will see that the travel industry is in the dumps, no one is traveling and no one knows what the future will bring. In this case there's a high likelihood that the Mardi Gras will be delayed. 

Their booking backlog is extremely strong, most Carnival homeports have multiple ships.  Once startup begins and for a certainty by 4th quarter they will most certainly have multiple ships sailing from ports. They go to different places, it will happen without a doubt 100%.  The travel industry is depressed because they cannot sail, when they can it will be as strong as it was.  All of the indicators (read that as ALL) were extremely strong.  The demand is still there beyond cc, I see it every day. 

On 4/21/2020 at 11:22 AM, Bookbug53 said:

Mardi Gras may sold out. My sailing on Feb 20 is sold out and no longer shows. Radiance is not sold out. Multiple ships sail on the same date from the the same port.

You will be on the Mardi Gras if that is what you booked. 🙂 They switched ships on me one time (because the ships changed ports) and I had plenty of time and options to accept or decline.

Actually, inventory is most likely being restricted. Let’s be realistic: cruising isn’t the popular vacation destination it was a few weeks ago. There’s no way a ship that had already faced delays and still is under construction is sold out for that date already.

The OP is looking at the booking engine and that is currently what is available to reserve. He’s not looking in his booking. Inventory is restricted until Carnival has a better idea if they can actually do this cruise so they don’t have to accommodate a greater amount of passengers with a goodwill gesture.

Edited by xDisconnections