Cruise Critic Community
ssawjo

Cancelation of 2021 WC?

It is my understanding that Australia, and some other Asian ports, may not be opening to tourists until spring 2021 at the earliest.  I may be wrong but looking at other boards that is a possibility.  So, if that is the case, what do we do and/or what does Crystal do?  Our final payment isn't due until August 24.  If we do not hear anything, do we go ahead and make the payment?  I really do not want to cancel now and lose $1000 on a possibility. 

We are  on the leg of the WC from LA and the next leg to Hong Kong.  Can't do these if we cannot get into Brisbane.

Do you think Crystal will cancel or make major changes to the itinerary?

Any thoughts are welcome.

Bill and Kathi 

Bill and Kathi:

I wish we all knew the answer to this but we really don't.  We would just be speculating on this.

May I ask If you are on from Los Angeles to Hong Kong why would a stop at Brisbane matter?  

Keith

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Bill and Kathi:

I wish we all knew the answer to this but we really don't.  We would just be speculating on this.

May I ask If you are on from Los Angeles to Hong Kong why would a stop at Brisbane matter?  

Keith

It really doesn't matter but the routing is LA/Brisbane (one leg) and Brisbane/HK (the following leg).  

1 hour ago, ssawjo said:

It is my understanding that Australia, and some other Asian ports, may not be opening to tourists until spring 2021 at the earliest.  I may be wrong but looking at other boards that is a possibility.  So, if that is the case, what do we do and/or what does Crystal do?  Our final payment isn't due until August 24.  If we do not hear anything, do we go ahead and make the payment?  I really do not want to cancel now and lose $1000 on a possibility. 

We are  on the leg of the WC from LA and the next leg to Hong Kong.  Can't do these if we cannot get into Brisbane.

Do you think Crystal will cancel or make major changes to the itinerary?

Any thoughts are welcome.

Bill and Kathi 

As pointed out to me in another post on another related thread, I mean to say "fall 2021" instead of "spring 2021" or March 2021.   Just want to make that clear.  

I believe that neither Australia, NZ or any of the Pacific nations will be open to cruise ships in March 2021. In fact they may not even be open to overseas flights.

It’s my opinion this pandemic is only in the early stages, it has a long way to run before the world opens up its borders. And until that happens it’s hard to see how travel can begin again. 

6 minutes ago, sanne said:

I believe that neither Australia, NZ or any of the Pacific nations will be open to cruise ships in March 2021. In fact they may not even be open to overseas flights

What basis do you have for that statement? 

Right now absolutely no one knows what will happen in terms of opening up countries and suggesting closure of multiple countries until March 2021 is just wild speculation 

6 hours ago, ssawjo said:

It really doesn't matter but the routing is LA/Brisbane (one leg) and Brisbane/HK (the following leg).  

That's all I was trying to understand because you has asked if they could do these if Brisbane was not possible. 

A couple of months ago I would often say the coronoravirus situation is fluid and I think the same thing is true for today.

So what things will be precisely like in January of 2021 is anyone's guess and that would include itineraries.  I think most itineraries would be subject to change and that includes pretty much everywhere around the world.

What I would do is build into my plans flexibility for change and that includes being very careful with respect to penalties for changed flights.

Keith

We are currently booked b2b2b, LA-Tokyo. It's still 4 months away until final payment is due in August. We are just watching and in the same "holding pattern" as everyone else for the next several months. 

Rob

4 hours ago, ryndam said:

We are currently booked b2b2b, LA-Tokyo. It's still 4 months away until final payment is due in August. We are just watching and in the same "holding pattern" as everyone else for the next several months. 

Rob

So are we.  Hope to meet you then!   😀

Karen