Setting Sail On First Carnival Cruise Scheduled June 27th

Will4Reals

On 4/22/2020 at 12:08 AM, trummy said:

Good luck. From the CDC website....

April 9, 2020 Update

On April 9, 2020, CDC renewed the No Sail Order and Other Measures Related to Operations Order signed by the CDC Director on March 14, 2020—subject to the modifications and additional stipulated conditions as set forth in this Order. The Order is published in the Federal Register and effective as of April 15, 2020 (https://www.federalregister.gov/d/2020-07930external icon).

The extended Order is in effect until one of the following occurs:

• The Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declares that COVID-19 no longer constitutes a public health emergency, or
  • The CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations, or
  • 100 days have passed from April 15, the date the extended order was published in the Federal Registerexternal icon and went into effect. 100 days from April 15 is July 24.

See the attached order (print-only) pdf icon[PDF – 9 pages] for the full requirements.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/index.html

CDC ave two different ways Cruises can get back into the swing of thing and with States starting to lift Stay at home orders it will only be a matter of time. Not sure why this order keeps getting posted. It is not absolute. 

5 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

CDC ave two different ways Cruises can get back into the swing of thing and with States starting to lift Stay at home orders it will only be a matter of time. Not sure why this order keeps getting posted. It is not absolute. 

Well, my post was posted over a week ago. Sorry if I offended.

Edited by trummy

So, is everyone booking a new cruise?  We are taking the same cruise on October 17th.  The price went up slightly, but we are still ahead $530.  Trying to be positive about this...I'll have something to look forward to after summer, less kids on board, credits will cover most of the excursions we want to go on.  

Announcement made this morning says that all Carnival cruises have been canceled until Aug 1st. Then only 8 ships will be sailing.

Aug 1st:

Galveston:  Carnival Dream, Freedom and Vista

Miami: Carnival Horizon, Magic and Sensation

Port Canaveral:  Carnival Breeze and Elation

Not the news that we wanted to hear! I have a feeling that there will be more cancellations in the future.

39 minutes ago, jordanaire said:

Announcement made this morning says that all Carnival cruises have been canceled until Aug 1st. Then only 8 ships will be sailing.

Aug 1st:

Galveston:  Carnival Dream, Freedom and Vista

Miami: Carnival Horizon, Magic and Sensation

Port Canaveral:  Carnival Breeze and Elation

Not the news that we wanted to hear! I have a feeling that there will be more cancellations in the future.

Definitely not the news we all wanted to hear! I spoke with my PVP and confirmed that you don't get another $600 OBC if you had a previous cruise canceled and re-booked with that credit already applied. My PVP asked if I wanted to go ahead and lock down another cruise and I told him quite frankly I understand why this is being done but also tired of booking and looking forward to something just for it to be canceled. Playing it by ear and when I see Carnival actually moving forward with their sailing plans whenever that will be I will re-book. 

44 minutes ago, Will4Reals said:

Definitely not the news we all wanted to hear! I spoke with my PVP and confirmed that you don't get another $600 OBC if you had a previous cruise canceled and re-booked with that credit already applied. My PVP asked if I wanted to go ahead and lock down another cruise and I told him quite frankly I understand why this is being done but also tired of booking and looking forward to something just for it to be canceled. Playing it by ear and when I see Carnival actually moving forward with their sailing plans whenever that will be I will re-book. 

How does the option work with additional cancellations?  You can elect for a refund still or you keep your original amount of the price paid + the 600 obc (but not stacked), but refunded deposit on the new cruise, or???