Attention Over 70 Year Old Cruisers

dag144

30 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

... I never did find age restriction on Princess website.  People said it was there;  don't know; couldn't find it.  Have a great Sunday.  

I never found the age restriction on Princess' site either and I strongly doubt it was ever there. What's been removed is the language about chronic severe conditions (not correctly quoted btw).

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I love cruising and really do hope they return in 2020, however, very nervous to travel unless vaccinated. 

Waiting on a vaccine may mean no cruising for a long time.  Look at all the other vaccines that have been talked about. MERS, SARS, H1N1, HIV  just to name a few. Yes there are medicines to treat these diseases but so far no vaccine. Can it happen? Yes.  Anytime soon? Not likely.

58 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Waiting on a vaccine may mean no cruising for a long time.  Look at all the other vaccines that have been talked about. MERS, SARS, H1N1, HIV  just to name a few. Yes there are medicines to treat these diseases but so far no vaccine. Can it happen? Yes.  Anytime soon? Not likely.

I believe they stopped working on a SARS vaccine because the virus died out by itself.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 7:59 AM, 1Gizmo said:

Diabetes has Type 1 type 2 and pre-diabetes.  Type 1 requires  insulin Type 2 medication and diet. Pre maybe on medication and diet. Are they goino restrict all types? I have Type 2 since 2005 with medication I have never even come close to needing to go to the hospital.  I'm still as healthy as many well below my age or healthier.

No mention of pre-ex on Princess website

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/Health-Advisory-and-Travel-Safety-Procedures.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Princess will follow US CDC and CLIA guidance for US embarkation and arrival.  Both discuss age and pre-existing conditions.

I don’t think Princess would amend their latest health advisory if they didn’t feel they had some leeway.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:15 AM, spyro1952 said:

Doesn’t matter where the ship is built.  They are all foreign registered so they don’t pay US taxes.

It does matter where the ship is built. It has to be built in the USA to get documented in the USA. That is flagged in the USA. No shipyards in the USA build large cruise ships.

What you brought up has nothing to do with the rumor that was posted regarding health screenings.

I do not understand why someone is posting health forms from Celebrity, etc., in a Princess forum

Edited by brisalta

2 hours ago, brisalta said:

It does matter where the ship is built. It has to be built in the USA to get documented in the USA. That is flagged in the USA. No shipyards in the USA build large cruise ships.

What you brought up has nothing to do with the rumor that was posted regarding health screenings.

I do not understand why someone is posting health forms from Celebrity, etc., in a Princess forum

There are several in the US building large ships, just not cruise ships.  Newport News Shipbuilding comes to mind.

Edited by Potstech

5 minutes ago, Potstech said:

There are several in the US building large ships, just not cruise ships.  Newport News Shipbuilding comes to mind.

Cruising on an aircraft carrier are we? They definitely have age limits and health limits.

It will not help. maybe in the United States you cannot get a doctor to sign off....But in places like the Philippines a doctor will sign anything you want.  Do you think getting a sign off in China would be hard? I also think many doctors even in the US will sign off, if it is even legal for the cruise lines to ask. You know someone will take this to court.

19 hours ago, weedpindle said:

Why do people keep posting about what will be. No body knows. Don't let your shorts get into a wad about this.

There is always hydoxycholorquine and disinfectant for those who don't care about others health.  Humans are forward looking creatures, be it family, investments, jobs, travel, even stopping at a traffic light, etc.  It does require some knowledge and forethought of the issues.  We have data that indicates cruising will be different than it was pre-COVID-19, passenger health will be monitored in some manner, cruise ships will be changed from what they were/did prior to February 2020, and countries/ports will have new rules/guidance for visitor to adhere to.  

41 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Several airlines are beginning to require face mask at check-in, on board and deplaning.  Cruise lines could be next.  New normal!

I, for one, will not be strolling around a cruise ship wearing a mask.  I would do it on an airplane if necessary, but that is just a few hours.

I get hot and uncomfortable wearing one just going to the grocery store.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LDVinNC said:

I, for one, will not be strolling around a cruise ship wearing a mask.  I would do it on an airplane if necessary, but that is just a few hours.

Try a face shield instead.

1 hour ago, LDVinNC said:

Agree. I could not enjoy a vacation doing that. Would stay home.

3 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

I find that my glasses fog up constantly.

23 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

There is always hydoxycholorquine and disinfectant for those who don't care about others health.  Humans are forward looking creatures, be it family, investments, jobs, travel, even stopping at a traffic light, etc.  It does require some knowledge and forethought of the issues.  We have data that indicates cruising will be different than it was pre-COVID-19, passenger health will be monitored in some manner, cruise ships will be changed from what they were/did prior to February 2020, and countries/ports will have new rules/guidance for visitor to adhere to.  

Are you being facetious about your statement "There is always hydoxycholorquine and disinfectant for those who don't care about others health".  Studies have shown that Hydroxychloroquine combined with Azithromycin is very effective in treating Coronavirus.  Gov Coumo  promotes this treatment and says all of the hospitals in NY city use this as a preferred treatment.  A majority of the doctors in the United States prescribes this treatment.  The increased use of  a disinfectant is used by Cruiseships (always have), Airlines, city buses and most businesses now are being used to stop the spread of the Coronavirus.  Disinfectants are the only tool to kill the Coronavirus germs.  Cruiselines,  Airlines and all businesses  using the disinfectants do care about the health of others, contrary to your statement that they "don't care about others health." 

3 minutes ago, cheone said:

Gov Coumo  promotes this treatment and says all of the hospitals in NY city use this as a preferred treatment.  A majority of the doctors in the United States prescribes this treatment.  

HUH?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1