Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
chloe kitty

Oasis OTS entertainment

Hopefully cruising will start again in a few months.  Does anyone know the what the Broadway type main show is onboard now?

Just now, chloe kitty said:

Hopefully cruising will start again in a few months.  Does anyone know the what the Broadway type main show is onboard now?

Still Cats

Thankfullt it's still CATS. We are indeed lucky sometimes

John,  sorry, I just have to say this and I know how much you love cats.  What happens if they can’t get all the people back from the cast?  Some may not want to cruise after this is over and it may take time to spin up more cast members.  
😇

3 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

John,  sorry, I just have to say this and I know how much you love cats.  What happens if they can’t get all the people back from the cast?  Some may not want to cruise after this is over and it may take time to spin up more cast members.  
😇

They'll find more in the back alleys.  😄  😄 😄     

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Thankfullt it's still CATS. We are indeed lucky sometimes

That is great to hear.  We were on the Oasis ta when Cats was introduced.  Unfortunately they weren't quite up to speed yet, but I still enjoyed it and would LOVE to see it again.  Thank you.

7 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

😇

But that could be true of any show.

The one positive, is a massive amount of actors have performed that show

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

They'll find more in the back alleys.  😄  😄 😄     

Maybe they could keep a backup cast in Central Patk.

Just now, chloe kitty said:

That is great to hear.  We were on the Oasis ta when Cats was introduced.  Unfortunately they weren't quite up to speed yet, but I still enjoyed it and would LOVE to see it again.  Thank you.

The last cast was very good except for Tugger, he was a little weak

2 minutes ago, chloe kitty said:

The new version has no intermission and runs about 90 minutes. It was well received on our cruise in January. 

I may have seen all three performances.😹😹

26 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

😇

They should be allowed to take as much time as needed. Hopefully it’s a long time. 

When talking about Entertainment...this has been a looong lay-off. I’d expect entertainment to roll out slowly. Imagine having to re-cast the entire fleet, then rehearse, and then instal the shows.  I know it’s normally about a 6-8 week period in the Royal studio in Fla before the shows go to the ship, then it’s a 2 week instal period.  

6 minutes ago, fdthird said:

When talking about Entertainment...this has been a looong lay-off. I’d expect entertainment to roll out slowly. Imagine having to re-cast the entire fleet, then rehearse, and then instal the shows.  I know it’s normally about a 6-8 week period in the Royal studio in Fla before the shows go to the ship, then it’s a 2 week instal period.  

What's instal cover

1 hour ago, fdthird said:

These entertainers are professionals.  If they were up and running before the hiatus, they will be ready to return with minimal preparation.

On 4/22/2020 at 7:23 PM, RETNAVY1996 said:

😇

They will have to call it Stray Cats

stray cats.jpeg

If this virus can't kill that show, maybe it's not that strong?