Would anyone be interested in reading a Celebrity Reflection review from a newbie?

anniedave

6 hours ago, dolittle said:

Smart of you to see Chichen Itza many go to Mexico and miss this jewel.Was lucky to have been able to climb it in 1992. Little scary on the way down .Great review I fell like I know both of you . Happy cruising in the future.

I beat you there by a couple of years...

Summer 1981 (HS Trip) 😀

Local kids were running up & down - no problem...

I climbed up no problem, Views from the Top were amazing!!

Turned around & looked down  --  sat down & scooted  my way down...
I didn't care what anyone else thought - it worked for me!

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, frteach said:

I can't remember how I celebrated my 50th, but I would remember if it had been as well marked as yours! You have so many  great memories that will sustain you until cruising time again, which we all hope will come soon. A TA friend of mine has told me that those who are new to cruising or may have been considering one are running for the hills after all the publicity, but seasoned cruisers are booking well into the future and researching how to make their cruise credit work for them. Count me in the latter group, and I believe you are in it too. I am relying on reviews like yours and CC to get me through until my next one in March (knock on wood). Your descriptions of your activities in the ABC's will help me make up my mind. I have read a lot about the golf cart rentals in Bonaire, and have reserved one already. Did you see any when you were there? The stingrays will be on my list too. Did you get to see the movement of the floating bridge in Curacao? It is quite interesting. Like most of us, we will remember all the wonderful, helpful people we meet when we cruise, and even "negative" encounters (only had them when off the ship) become funny stories in the future. The mime jumping into your carriage in Cartagena must have been hilarious. I would have given him money to get him to go bother someone else! Thanks for the great review with a lot of info and laughs. I saw my Dave and me when I read about your interactions in many places. Hope we meet some day on a cruise. 

Thank you, lots of people hired golf carts in Bonaire. I did think about ..might have found more flamingos if we had ! No sadly missed seeing the floating bridge open , although I have seen a video of it, very interesting . The mine artist was funny!  Hope you get to go on your cruise in March. 

5 hours ago, NemoCrownie said:

Thank you! This review has been a ray of sunshine and I am amazed at the details given you didn't make notes.  I am already looking forward to your next review and hope to sail with you someday!

Thankyou, I think once I started writing, lots of little things came back to me...the memory is an amazing thing, and it was actually really nice for me to relive the holiday again 😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, anniedave said:

Thankyou, I think once I started writing, lots of little things came back to me...the memory is an amazing thing, and it was actually really nice for me to relive the holiday again 😊

Annie,Thanks so much for taking us along on your three-week holiday!  Your prose in describing your adventure have been a delight to read, and your photos of your experience are grand!

Again, Thank you so much for sharing!

Donna

• Like 1

Thank you so very much for your review Annie from us in Wales.

We have so enjoyed your review and the love and enthusiasm of your first cruise, it only gets better......So here’s  to your next one nothing beats the sound of the ping as you board the ship -happy days. You have brightened ours during this very sad lockdown period.

With all good  wishes to you and Dave  and all our fellow cruisers out there - stay safe ,stay well.

On 4/26/2020 at 7:37 PM, Von & John said:

Annie - Your Tour Day looked fantastic! 

Were people allowed to climb @ Chichen Itza?  I didn't see anyone doing so in your pictures.  I was there back in Highschool (just a few short years ago 🤣) And we climbed to the top...  Going up was no problem for me...  It was the coming back down that was the problem...  I ended up sitting on my behind & scooting down.  Local kids were running up & down, like it was nothing!

The Cenote you went to looks amazing - both the google image & your photos!

There always seems to be someone who brings their own "Water" Bottle with them 🙃

You have not been allowed to climb it for a number of years.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Von & John said:

I beat you there by a couple of years...

Summer 1981 (HS Trip) 😀

Local kids were running up & down - no problem...

I climbed up no problem, Views from the Top were amazing!!

Turned around & looked down  --  sat down & scooted  my way down...
I didn't care what anyone else thought - it worked for me!

Went down on the seat of my pants also.There was a chain from top to bottom but it was used by to many .

• Like 2

13 hours ago, clanger said:

Thank you so very much for your review Annie from us in Wales.

We have so enjoyed your review and the love and enthusiasm of your first cruise, it only gets better......So here’s  to your next one nothing beats the sound of the ping as you board the ship -happy days. You have brightened ours during this very sad lockdown period.

With all good  wishes to you and Dave  and all our fellow cruisers out there - stay safe ,stay well.

Thankyou , glad you've enjoyed reading. Hope everyone gets to cruise again soon. I'm going to start planning our next one...its only 22 months away 🤣

• Like 2

On 4/29/2020 at 4:24 AM, anniedave said:

Thankyou , glad you've enjoyed reading. Hope everyone gets to cruise again soon. I'm going to start planning our next one...its only 22 months away 🤣

Great review.  Perfect time for it too.  Thanks for the entertainment.

• 1 month later...

How much activities were going on? Zumba? Dancing. Theme parties? I love celebrity and we’re at the elite level but my wife is disappointed with activities. It’s hard to get her to go back to celebrity as she loves NCL and the activities and dancing. Please let us know if you found any activities Thanks