Cunard's Cancellations/Refunds Update 23rd April 2020

rog747

8 hours ago, 8611202 said:

QV 3 May 2020, selected refund option on Cunard website the same day cancellation notification email was received, which was 31 March. Cunard's subsequent cancellation invoice to me was dated 8 April but received via email on 11 April. Surname begins with B and we were booked in QG.

Hope that helps.

By way of comparison, which may or may not be helpful for others following this thread, I was also booked on this trip and asked for a refund via the online form the day I received Cunard’s cancellation notice (I thought it was 30 March but it could have been 31st). I am in the UK. 

I booked via a TA in January, for a Britannia balcony cabin and my surname is towards the end of the alphabet. A few days after I cancelled I had a call from my TA, who at that point didn’t know I had already requested a refund. That was the last I heard until 18 May when the TA’s automated systems sent me a notice saying my cruise had been cancelled and that I would receive a refund direct from Cunard within 60 days. 

I really hope it isn’t 60 days from 18 May but if others on this thread have been waiting since February or for 75+ days, I am not sure I hold out much hope of getting my cheque anytime soon!

After reading posts where people have booked via a TA only to find some weeks/months later that their online refund request was not in Cunard's system, I tried to confirm if I'm even in the refund queue (numerous phone calls, emails, tweets, twitter direct messages, Facebook messages). 

l finally received an email from Cunard Australia yesterday confirming that they could see my 30 March refund request in their system and that  "Cunard are refunding agents in 60 days from when the refund is processed."

10 hours ago, Edithclara said:

After reading posts where people have booked via a TA only to find some weeks/months later that their online refund request was not in Cunard's system, I tried to confirm if I'm even in the refund queue (numerous phone calls, emails, tweets, twitter direct messages, Facebook messages). 

l finally received an email from Cunard Australia yesterday confirming that they could see my 30 March refund request in their system and that  "Cunard are refunding agents in 60 days from when the refund is processed."

They have been saying "within 60 days" to customers in the UK for some while but it is totally nonsense I am now on 60 days since I cancelled my cruise in March and had no communication about my refund and many are on 70+ days and not had a refund.

Day 72 and the cheque from Carnival arrived today! Booked for QM2 Ta via an online TA- not this one- and I contacted said TA in March with docs letter saying it was unwise for hubby to travel. They emailed to Cunard on 18th March for the refund. Heard nothing for weeks so tried to contact TA only to hear voicemail saying they were furloughed. Tried the general number for TA s firm and spoke to someone who said there was no point them contacting Cunard as they would be told they had to wait!! I asked if the refund would come via them or straight from Cunard and was told it would definitely come from the TA. 
Having heard nothing from TA or Cunard I rang TA last week-so after 60 days and was again told that the refund would come to them from Cunard and then onto me and it would go back on the card I paid with. I wasn’t happy so rang Cunard myself and spoke to a lady - didn’t take her name sorry- who checked that my refund request had been received and that they were currently working on refunds requested on 16 th March so mine shouldn’t be long . I enquired if the refund would first go to my TA but she said no. She said she would email the finance department to expedite matters and lo  and behold a cheque for the full amount arrived today. There has been no communication from my TA at all so in future will book direct with Cunard. 
Sorry this post is so long but thought it might offer some hope to those who are still waiting ! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2020 at 1:03 PM, majortom10 said:

We had e-mail on 30th March cancelling our QM2 cruise on 6th May. Requested cash refund and had no confirmation that it was received  Had e-mail 1st April from TA saying if we asked for refund it would be sent by Cunard within 45 days but possibly saying up to 60 days. Now on day 59 not counting cancellation date not had any communication from Cunard whatsoever and have tried to contact Cunard by PM on their Facebook page but they have totally ignored me. If I have not received any communication by tomorrow will contact credit card company and go down Section 75 route. Absolutely appalled by the treatment of Cunard and their total arrogance and contempt for their loyal customers as we have been cruising with them since 1997.

• Thanks 1

Hi Majortom

your story is very similar to ours with same timescales, still waiting for full refund or any confirmation from Cunard, our TA has confirmed our request for full refund but again stating it will come direct from Cunard. Tried emails - returned, phone calls - ended after a short time. We are totally disappointed with Cunard’s customer service, we are platinum members first booked with 1994. On Monday will take a leaf out of your book and contact CCC to go down section 75 route. The offer of 125% was insult as similar cruise itinerary for 2021 was double what we paid.

Best Regards & Good Luck 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cruise-ship-october-1.5589821

Thank you for that, kmerlin 14

Am I reading correctly that the QM2 departing New York on September 11 finishing with an overnight in Quebec will not be able to continue. Or will there be a way for Cunard to avoid cancelling?

We are booked Transatlantic from Southampton on September 4 followed by  the week from New York to Quebec. It is booked as one journey.

Final payment due next week  so we would prefer Cunard to cancel.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

75 days today.

Snap 75 days today Friday waiting patiently as I have been asked to do. I remain to be convinced that there is transparency in the process as I see on this and Cunard boards elsewhere that people have be refunded for cruises after my QV 16 April cancellation and applied for after my agreed refund on 16 March. 

Looks like I'm not alone at 75 days, talked to a nice lady yesterday who said she'd escalate it,  as I'd somehow slipped through net. Hope it works

I also sent Cunard email to guestservices and customerservices  @carnivalukgroup saying if I didn't hear from someone by this time next week (82 days) with a specific timeline I would assume Cunard were not going to honour their legal obligations and I would approach my credit card company. If I haven't heard will give them a last chance,  ring them next Thursday and ask that someone senior gets in contact by end of business Friday.  

If not it looks like credit card company route, can't wait forever,  original promise was 45 days 

1 hour ago, Captn Poldark said:

I am starting to think like you. Even though we came to cruising only 12 years ago. It has become our passion meaning that we spend serious money each year on cruising and usually on big ticket accommodation . We started to look at Cunard as our new favourite following two successive happy grills experiences and the one on 16 April would have been a third. I truly hope the Company resolves our refunds soon. If I were to take the Section 75 route (that would also cost Cunard money) it would be a sour experience for me and would take some doing to restore my faith in this otherwise excellent brand.

4 hours ago, bigjo1 said:

Day 72 and the cheque from Carnival arrived today! Booked for QM2 Ta via an online TA- not this one- and I contacted said TA in March with docs letter saying it was unwise for hubby to travel. They emailed to Cunard on 18th March for the refund. Heard nothing for weeks so tried to contact TA only to hear voicemail saying they were furloughed. Tried the general number for TA s firm and spoke to someone who said there was no point them contacting Cunard as they would be told they had to wait!! I asked if the refund would come via them or straight from Cunard and was told it would definitely come from the TA. 
Having heard nothing from TA or Cunard I rang TA last week-so after 60 days and was again told that the refund would come to them from Cunard and then onto me and it would go back on the card I paid with. I wasn’t happy so rang Cunard myself and spoke to a lady - didn’t take her name sorry- who checked that my refund request had been received and that they were currently working on refunds requested on 16 th March so mine shouldn’t be long . I enquired if the refund would first go to my TA but she said no. She said she would email the finance department to expedite matters and lo  and behold a cheque for the full amount arrived today. There has been no communication from my TA at all so in future will book direct with Cunard. 
Sorry this post is so long but thought it might offer some hope to those who are still waiting ! 

So they are processing claims made on 16 Mar. We shall see 🤔

Cunard have informed by PM on their Facebook page today that my refund applied for on 30th March for my 6th May roundtrip TA on QM2 will be returned to my credit card account as that is how I paid the balance and will take 5-10 days so we will wait and see.

5 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Forgot to say mine was forwarded to finance dept

Some real mixed messages going on for we 16 Mar requested refunds . Most of us seem to be still waiting for resolution.  The comment about being overlooked is certainly at odds with the assurances I have received that my claim is in process and will be with me very shortly.  That was a week ago and as I am still waiting who knows what is the truth these days.😕

23 hours ago, Edithclara said:

" "Cunard are refunding agents in 60 days from when the refund is processed."   '  - but WHEN is the refund processed????