New CruiseCare offering..Get 100% Cruise Protection with CruiseCare when you book by April 30, 2020

Fatfish

Just another way for Azamara to increase their cash flow.  Too many up to's are possible if's, might's, etc. in the details and have had the misfortune in the past to try to deal with aon and wouldn't wish aon on my worst enemy.

And since it says "administered by aon" appears iit just might be self insured by Azamara which in these times of cash crunches could mean no payouts, just like the delays in refunds.

Edited by rallydave
  • Like 1

I would be interested to know more about this, and more info on aon, as Rallydave mentioned.  I read about cruisecare today on the Azamara website, and for me it would fit my situation perfectly as I have a father in memory care.  The cancel for any reason and get 100% future cruise credit is really appealing to me.    I hope I read it right, and it truly is cancel for any reason, up until 48 hours before sailing??

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 10:09 PM, Pirokp2 said:

I hope I read it right, and it truly is cancel for any reason, up until 48 hours before sailing??

Yes, you may cancel for any reason. But please note this added benefit is only in effect if purchased by *April 30* 

* perhaps that date will be extended...I haven’t heard yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, uktog said:

And only applies in some countries 

And the company insuring the possible loss has to remain in business and since I believe Azamara is self insuring  has to pay out the claim in a reasonable period of time.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:09 PM, Pirokp2 said:

I would be interested to know more about this, and more info on aon, as Rallydave mentioned.  I read about cruisecare today on the Azamara website, and for me it would fit my situation perfectly as I have a father in memory care.  The cancel for any reason and get 100% future cruise credit is really appealing to me.    I hope I read it right, and it truly is cancel for any reason, up until 48 hours before sailing??

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it looks like it's 75% FCC when you cancel for any reason.

I find the Cruisecare confusing on the Azamara website.  I go to the Azamara website, and it says 100% refund for sailings until September 1.  But then I got that email about cruises through December 31.    Not sure which to believe.  

2 hours ago, Pirokp2 said:

I find the Cruisecare confusing on the Azamara website.  I go to the Azamara website, and it says 100% refund for sailings until September 1.  But then I got that email about cruises through December 31.    Not sure which to believe.  

Yes, I agree, it can all be confusing. I too have to study the two programs currently on offer:

A) There is the new, temporary, policy called Cruise with Confidence. This allows guests to cancel for any reason up to 48-hours prior to departure on a voyage scheduled to depart now through 9/1/2020. If a guest cancels they will receive a FCC (future cruise certificate) of 100% that is valid through 12/31/21. Cruise with Confidence is not an insurance policy that you pay for. 

B) On the other hand, CruiseCare is the travel insurance we offer for a fee. For the time being it has been augmented to 100% coverage on both existing and new cruise reservations if voyage is booked by 4/30/20 and the sailing is between now and 12/31/21. The 100% will be issued as FCC, with a one-year from issue expiration date. This offer applies to US guests, and can now be added to a booking any time up until Final Payment.

CruiseCare also offers:

• Trip Interruption: up to total trip cost if you can't start or finish your cruise vacation because you’re sick or hurt, there's a death in the family or another covered reason
  • Trip Delay: up to $500 for catch-up expenses
  • Accident Medical: up to $10,000 if you get hurt on your vacation
  • Sickness Medical: up to $10,000 if you get sick on your vacation
  • Emergency Medical Evacuation: up to $25,000 if you need emergency medical transportation
  • Baggage Protection: up to $1,500 if your bags are lost, stolen or damaged
  • Baggage Delay: up to $500 to purchase necessary personal items if your bags are delayed