Apex S1, 2 or 3?

carolekv

Trying to decide which is best and what the differences are between the Sky suites on Apex.  Size of room and size of deck, I presume.  But what else in terms of amenities or best views or anything else?  

Also do the beds in each split into two beds?  

Thanks!

I’m booked on the Apex for next year, in a S2,

the S3’s are between the magic carpet. The balconies are different to other Sky Suites, with a partial obstructed view I believe. The room layout is also different to other Sky Suites, with bed against wall, whereas the S1 & S2 have the bed against the bathroom wall facing the balcony, with the bathroom having a sliding window so you can let the view in whilst doing your ablutions. I believe the S3’s also have some connecting cabins of inside cabins that share an entrance hall.

S1 & S2 are really just location either forward or aft of the magic carpet, but I don’t believe there’s much difference, apart from those aft corner S1’s.

thats all I know from my research here and on YouTube of the Edge, the sister ship.

16 hours ago, carolekv said:

Trying to decide which is best and what the differences are between the Sky suites on Apex.  Size of room and size of deck, I presume.  But what else in terms of amenities or best views or anything else?  

Also do the beds in each split into two beds?  

Thanks!

Great information here. Apex is a twin to the Edge as far as staterooms are concerned.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Bretty said:

I’m booked on the Apex for next year, in a S2,

the S3’s are between the magic carpet. The balconies are different to other Sky Suites, with a partial obstructed view I believe. The room layout is also different to other Sky Suites, with bed against wall, whereas the S1 & S2 have the bed against the bathroom wall facing the balcony, with the bathroom having a sliding window so you can let the view in whilst doing your ablutions. I believe the S3’s also have some connecting cabins of inside cabins that share an entrance hall.

S1 & S2 are really just location either forward or aft of the magic carpet, but I don’t believe there’s much difference, apart from those aft corner S1’s.

thats all I know from my research here and on YouTube of the Edge, the sister ship.

Not all S1 suites are configured the same, with the bed facing the sea and a sliding window in the bathroom. For instance, the S1's on the AFT have the bed against the wall, not facing the sea and there is no sliding window in the bathroom. This was discussed at length when the Edge came out. 

Edited by C-Dragons

We had an S3 suite on the Edge in February, and I would get that category again just for the balcony. The balcony was very large with two loungers and two chairs. The Magic Carpet only went up or down once or twice a day and was not a distraction at all. The corner balconies, like ours, even had a window on the side so you could look forward. The only negative with the window is that people in the other balconies forward could see in the window. However, if you placed the chairs just right, that was not a problem. If you like to spend time on the balcony, I would suggest an S3

• Like 1

6 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Not all S1 suites are configured the same, with the bed facing the sea and a sliding window in the bathroom. For instance, the S1's on the AFT have the bed against the wall, not facing the sea and there is no sliding window in the bathroom. This was discussed at length when the Edge came out. 

Thanks, I hadn’t seen that information. Good to know.

• Like 1