Excess of FCC over new cruise costs

Slark

We are still discerning whether to take the refund or the FCC. With the 125% and a 20% rebooking discount, even upgrading cabin and/or itinerary can result in an excess credit in the account.  Question is: Can this be used for onboard charges or does it sit in you account for another cruise?

Edited by Slark

Our cruise was already expensive because we were in a suite on POA. Even with upgrading to an Owner’s Suite, we still have money left on our FCC. I plan to use the money for a shore excursion and possibly to add a specialty dining package to go with the three meal one we already have.

I also have $1,000 in OBC that was part of the deal when we rebooked![emoji15] I should be able to get off the ship without a bill to pay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

14 minutes ago, Cindy said:

I also have $1,000 in OBC that was part of the deal when we rebooked!emoji15.png I should be able to get off the ship without a bill to pay.

Good to get a new one!  My understanding is that the old OBC does not carry forward to the new booking.  

Edited by Slark
Clarity.

Good to get a new one!  My understanding is that the old OBC does not carry forward to the new booking.  

We didn’t have the $1,000 before, but we got it as one of the perks when we had to reschedule.

4 hours ago, OldestSurfer said:

Wouldn't the 20% discount be off rack rate?

I don't see many bargains out there for Q4 or 2021 and I'm not confident all the cruise ports will be accepting passengers immediately upon cruises starting up again.

There were some incredible bargains for 2021. I had them booked prior to this mess and after my canceled cruise and FCC showed up I had my existing reservations discounted and repriced. Plus add in FCC bonus received

Now Italy has closed its ports and everything for all of 2020.

Steve

2 hours ago, cleifheit2019 said:

Does anyone know..... if you originally booked through a travel agency when using the FCC will you have to book straight through NCL or can you still use your travel agency?  Thanks

You can do either direct or with your agency.

Got my FCC today. It was split between the four folks in the suite. My wife's was 25% less than mine; the boys each got a small amount. I assume no worries as we are all going to rebook for next year.

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, ArdleyShip said:

The topic's replies look fairly dated so not sure what the status quo is to date. I've no idea how to apply my excess FCCs, help would be welcome? Tnx

I just tried to do a "mock" shore excursion booking online for my Sept. 2021, where I have some excess FCC after the cruise is paid - and only got the possibility to choose payment by credit card. It does however state the following below:

"Call reservations toll free number 00800 0310 21 21 to apply multiple forms of payment". So when  the time  comes, I  will  just ask my PCC to assist me in  the matter. 

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ArdleyShip said:

Thanks TrumpyNor,

Toll free in The States but expensive from Europe still, if that's what it takes 'to apply for multiple forms of payment' I'll make the call. Trust we can apply excess FCCs.

I am certain you can also contact any of the NCL offices located in Europe to get the needed assistanse. 🙂

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ArdleyShip said:

Thanks TrumpyNor,

Toll free in The States but expensive from Europe still, if that's what it takes 'to apply for multiple forms of payment' I'll make the call. Trust we can apply excess FCCs.

You can call your local number and someone will help you or call using Skype out 

• Thanks 1