Cruise Critic Community
Slark

Excess of FCC over new cruise costs

Posted (edited)

We are still discerning whether to take the refund or the FCC. With the 125% and a 20% rebooking discount, even upgrading cabin and/or itinerary can result in an excess credit in the account.  Question is: Can this be used for onboard charges or does it sit in you account for another cruise?

Edited by Slark

It can be used for shore excursions, dining or beverage packages, spa stuff...anything you’d book pre-cruise.

I had excess FCC from a rebook- not sure where it went. Do I have to wait a week after booking for it to reissue the difference? 

Wouldn't the 20% discount be off rack rate?

I don't see many bargains out there for Q4 or 2021 and I'm not confident all the cruise ports will be accepting passengers immediately upon cruises starting up again.

Our cruise was already expensive because we were in a suite on POA. Even with upgrading to an Owner’s Suite, we still have money left on our FCC. I plan to use the money for a shore excursion and possibly to add a specialty dining package to go with the three meal one we already have.

I also have $1,000 in OBC that was part of the deal when we rebooked! I should be able to get off the ship without a bill to pay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Cindy said:

I also have $1,000 in OBC that was part of the deal when we rebooked!emoji15.png I should be able to get off the ship without a bill to pay.

Good to get a new one!  My understanding is that the old OBC does not carry forward to the new booking.  

Edited by Slark
Clarity.

Good to get a new one!  My understanding is that the old OBC does not carry forward to the new booking.  

We didn’t have the $1,000 before, but we got it as one of the perks when we had to reschedule.

Yes. it is taken off the rate before you start to use any OBC or Discount. 

4 hours ago, OldestSurfer said:

I don't see many bargains out there for Q4 or 2021 and I'm not confident all the cruise ports will be accepting passengers immediately upon cruises starting up again.

There were some incredible bargains for 2021. I had them booked prior to this mess and after my canceled cruise and FCC showed up I had my existing reservations discounted and repriced. Plus add in FCC bonus received

Now Italy has closed its ports and everything for all of 2020.

Steve

Does anyone know..... if you originally booked through a travel agency when using the FCC will you have to book straight through NCL or can you still use your travel agency?  Thanks

2 hours ago, cleifheit2019 said:

Does anyone know..... if you originally booked through a travel agency when using the FCC will you have to book straight through NCL or can you still use your travel agency?  Thanks

You can do either direct or with your agency.

Got my FCC today. It was split between the four folks in the suite. My wife's was 25% less than mine; the boys each got a small amount. I assume no worries as we are all going to rebook for next year.

We were told we could use it for anything.  So, our plan is to use it for booking excursions.

The rep I chatted with yesterday told me I could use it for prepaid gratuities and shore excursions. I wanted to add the soda package but was told fcc could not be used for that  and then she sent me this:

20200505_214232.jpg

The topic's replies look fairly dated so not sure what the status quo is to date. I've no idea how to apply my excess FCCs, help would be welcome? Tnx

Edited by ArdleyShip