Cruise Critic Community
Host Carolyn

Carnival Fun times - April 26, 2020

Tomorrow we are spending the day at one of our private beach islands! The sun will be shining, the bartenders will be pouring your favorite beach drinks and the sounds of the Beach Boys' Kokomo will drift in across the water.....Kokomo is the place you wanna go to get away from it all! 

Which private island is your Kokomo??

5 minutes ago, Host Carolyn said:

Tomorrow we are spending the day at one of our private beach islands! The sun will be shining, the bartenders will be pouring your favorite beach drinks and the sounds of the Beach Boys' Kokomo will drift in across the water.....Kokomo is the place you wanna go to get away from it all! 

Which private island is your Kokomo??

You had me scratching my head for a bit.  I will give one, the island of Anguilla, we visited the first time when doing a land trip in St Maarten and took a day trip over to explore curtesy of the Anguilla tourist board.  We fell in love and returned 3 years later to spend some time in Cap Juluca and The Cusinart resort.  The best beaches we have ever experienced.  The bartender at the beach bar at Cusinart was a magician with drinks and story.     

It is a bit of a trek, and no large ships go there but it is the most beautiful villa with beach and the most friendly attentive staff. 

It is an Island off Thailand that is well settled, so it is not "private" but it might as well be. the local economy is farming and fishing, and of course tourism. The place I stayed was a five bedroom home with pools and all the trimmings. Very relaxing. It is on Ko Samui, called Baan Phulay Luxury Villa. You will need some deep pockets for the villa, but the rest of your expenses will have tiny Thai prices. 

5 hours ago, Moviela said:

It is a bit of a trek, and no large ships go there but it is the most beautiful villa with beach and the most friendly attentive staff. 

It is an Island off Thailand that is well settled, so it is not "private" but it might as well be. the local economy is farming and fishing, and of course tourism. The place I stayed was a five bedroom home with pools and all the trimmings. Very relaxing. It is on Ko Samui, called Baan Phulay Luxury Villa. You will need some deep pockets for the villa, but the rest of your expenses will have tiny Thai prices. 

On my list....the private thing threw me off as well as the cruise portion.  

Posted (edited)

Carolyn, if I veared off of your intended path of thread I apologize.  

Edited by jimbo5544

This was hard, but probably HMC.

Posted (edited)

HMC for sure!  In a private cabana with a rum and something in my hand as I float on my blue floating mattress.😎

arnivan.pdf

Edited by ninjacat123

and a couple from Cuisinart...and the ultimate bartender with the endless cup SAM...and the bottomless glass

Carnival Magic 180.JPG

IMG_4548.JPG

IMG_4551.JPG

IMG_4520.JPG

and the best Caribbean beaches we have ever been on

Carnival Magic 083.JPG

Carnival Magic 163.JPG