Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
BeagleAgility

GTY Suite - Questions - Oasis of the Seas

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

For the first time - I booked a GTY Suite on the Oasis of the Seas. It was only $58 more than booking an Oceanview Large Balcony - so I couldn't resist. 


That being said - I know the minimum room would be the Junior Suite. I know that I don't get all the perks of the full suites but again, for $58 - I am satisfied with that. However, what are the chances of getting an actual full suite (Grand Suite for example)?

 

Thanks.

Edited by BeagleAgility

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BeagleAgility said:

However, what are the chances of getting an actual full suite (Grand Suite for example).

About the same as the ship sailing in July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BeagleAgility said:

For the first time - I booked a GTY Suite on the Oasis of the Seas. It was only $58 more than booking an Oceanview Large Balcony - so I couldn't resist. 


That being said - I know the minimum room would be the Junior Suite. I know that I don't get all the perks of the full suites but again, for $58 - I am satisfied with that. However, what are the chances of getting an actual full suite (Grand Suite for example)?

 

Thanks.

Not sure what actual chances are.  I have done the same thing for Harmony TA next year.  The last time I booked a Suite GTY, I ended up in a Grand Suite.  So, it does happen.  I always approach the gty rooms as what they are- I am going to get at least the type i booked.  Anything more than that is a bonus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When do you usually find out what room you have? Like I said - I have never booked a GTY before so I have no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BeagleAgility said:

When do you usually find out what room you have? Like I said - I have never booked a GTY before so I have no idea.

Anytime up to when you actually board.

We've done many GTY bookings, over twenty, and the latest we've had our cabin assigned to us was three days prior. Most of ours were assigned within a few weeks of the booking date.

Other here have reported having to wait until embarkation.

Edited by robtulipe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BeagleAgility said:

When do you usually find out what room you have?

The official assignment may come very late, but after final payment, when you check in, your Setsail pass may offer a clue once you decode the bar code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The official assignment may come very late, but after final payment, when you check in, your Setsail pass may offer a clue once you decode the bar code.

Most likely when the setsail pass is showing a muster location on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The official assignment may come very late, but after final payment, when you check in, your Setsail pass may offer a clue once you decode the bar code.

Decode the bar code?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BeagleAgility said:

Decode the bar code?

The Setsail pass will have a bar code on it - when you decode that (using an app, web site, or on an iPhone put into the wallet) it may list the cabin. The bar code usually decodes to: <booking number> - <cabin number>. If not, it may still say GTY WS

Edited by Biker19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BeagleAgility said:

Decode the bar code?

The setsail pass has a bar code on it which when decoded with a device, like a apple phone, could show your cabin assignment as the last four or five numbers on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BeagleAgility said:

For the first time - I booked a GTY Suite on the Oasis of the Seas. It was only $58 more than booking an Oceanview Large Balcony - so I couldn't resist. 


That being said - I know the minimum room would be the Junior Suite. I know that I don't get all the perks of the full suites but again, for $58 - I am satisfied with that. However, what are the chances of getting an actual full suite (Grand Suite for example)?

 

Thanks.

Slim that you would get above a junior suite.  But they are great!  So much space, walk in closet, and you can have dinner in suite restaurant.  Also priority boarding etc

 

Surely a win win for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Slim that you would get above a junior suite.  But they are great!  So much space, walk in closet, and you can have dinner in suite restaurant.  Also priority boarding etc

 

Surely a win win for you!

Agreed. I had a Junior Suite on the Navigator and loved it. The Navigator unfortunately did not have the Coastal Kitchen - so I am looking forward to that on the Oasis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard that Junior suites cannot have dinner in the Coastal Kitchen, only grand suites and above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ranchette said:

I heard that Junior suites cannot have dinner in the Coastal Kitchen, only grand suites and above.

It depends on availability - most reports here would suggest, with some flexibility, a JS guest should have good luck getting reservations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Biker19 said:

It depends on availability - most reports here would suggest, with some flexibility, a JS guest should have good luck getting reservations.

Most have no problem.  Reserve quickly and if not prime time and you are flexible- you will get a slot-  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Most have no problem.  Reserve quickly and if not prime time and you are flexible- you will get a slot-  

That is good to know. Thanks for your reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to happy either way on Harmony.  $3400 for 2 people on a 12- night TA will get me at least a JR Suite.  I won't be able to find one way air fare for that:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kruzinkel said:

I am going to happy either way on Harmony.  $3400 for 2 people on a 12- night TA will get me at least a JR Suite.  I won't be able to find one way air fare for that:)

Try Royal air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Try Royal air.

Just Booked Royal air for our January b/b cruise.  Booked Delta and the price was $20 more then if I booked the Delta flight directly.  However, we don't pay until the cruise fare is due.  So no layout of money now.  IMO well worth booking with them as we got the flights that we wanted and the seats we wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...