Cruises Starting June 12??

1 hour ago, Retired LEO said:

The Governor had a news conference today. He's starting phase 1 on Monday for slowly reopening the state. The exceptions are Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties which will remain on lock down due to their high number of cases and deaths. 

I am to the pt never say never. Btw I lived in boca raton for 13 years before I moved back to dallas to help my folks. So I'm aware. Dallas voted to extend to mid may but our governor said may 1st and superseded the dallas judge and dallas council. We havent peaked yet and still short test. Dallas said we arent ready, too bad, open what feels comfortable, though texas isnt doing beauty shops or gyms. But I could drive to Oklahoma if I get desperate enough for a hair cut.

I just sit and watch, not predict, other than I know about the 100 day no sail order. Some new meds might be found. Who knows. No one imo.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I received my refund for our April 26 B2B on April 19. Just over two weeks from time I requested a refund

I just wish I would get my FCC in my email.  I have future bookings to pay for! 🙂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Just1Wonder said:

I read the CDC order.  The order expires 100 days from March 14, 2020.  That would make it June 22, not July 24th.  And that day can be earlier according to the guidelines. Also, the plans mentioned was supposed to be submitted within 7 days of the order, so I'm sure the cruise lines did that already.  I still think the June 27th cruise will sail.  The country is opening up. And the CDC decision making process concerning the cruising industry will probably be guided by the current administration, not on thier own. 

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/No-Sail-Order-Cruise-Ships_Extension_4-9-20-encrypted.pdf

It's not from the March 14th order. It's from the amended order.  It's a common mistake on the boards

• Like 1

Our 3/15/20 cruise was cancelled on 3/13 and we have yet to receive a refund for our UDP, DP, excursions or taxes and fees!  Thinking seriously of turning the FCC into cash. IMO, this is going to be a long haul before cruises resume

16 hours ago, beerman2 said:

The CDC order ends July 24th, so unless they shorten the order June 12 is a no go.

OH my gosh.....another CNN news reporter.....as our President says, if you don't know the facts, don't ask a question....no one will bother with you......The CDC, The cruise Industry and everyone on the board of directors of every cruise line knows exactly the date they can sail.  Yet, people still think they know better than all those involved.  Cruises can say in June, unless they extend it past the 100 day order.   An update will be made in the middle of May and at that time, the cruise industry will either start the process of packing their ships with beer, and crew, or make the plans for the extension. Florida just started with Phase 1 reopen, and many other areas of the country. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I just wish I would get my FCC in my email.  I have future bookings to pay for! 🙂 

We got our fccs today for april 26 liberty. I didnt check my cc stmt for taxes yet. But several posted theirs came, or one got it, not the other on same booking, but they are arriving. Exactly to the dollar what I expected. 

I dont plan on using mine until final payment due. What if I make changes or get a price decrease?

Edited by firefly333

16 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

OH my gosh.....another CNN news reporter.....as our President says, if you don't know the facts, don't ask a question....no one will bother with you......The CDC, The cruise Industry and everyone on the board of directors of every cruise line knows exactly the date they can sail.  Yet, people still think they know better than all those involved.  Cruises can say in June, unless they extend it past the 100 day order.   An update will be made in the middle of May and at that time, the cruise industry will either start the process of packing their ships with beer, and crew, or make the plans for the extension. Florida just started with Phase 1 reopen, and many other areas of the country. 

There is so much I could say , believe what you want.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

You are really just making yourself look foolish now, it is time to let this fallacy go and accept reality 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, instagator said:

Here is the link that verifies what "not-enough" said: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/index.html

THANK YOU for doing research!!

The "optimists" on CC keep spreading wrong information based on their beliefs or feelings. But beliefs and feelings just aren't going to carry the day during this crisis - facts will.  You dug out the facts! It was a service to CC members.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know everyone is anxious to get back to cruising and some like to speculate and play the what if game. I would prefer people spend their time researching and dig for factual information. That will be the best benefit for us here on CC. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

Does the CDC govern cruises out of Sweden also?  We have a cruise out of Sweden in July.  All I need is for ports to open up.  I believe Sweden's borders are open, but I'm not sure about the cruise ports in Sweden, Russia, and Estonia.  I guess we will wait and see. 

51 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I believe, if one is willing to be patient (not possible on CC), we will get about a months notice. It will take at least that long for Royal to bring back crew and train them on new COVID19 procedures. 

I think that this is likely, perhaps just a little less if resumption is possible and there is only a week or so gone into the new cancellations.

I also think it'll be a phased approach to.  Perhaps not all the ships right away.  Getting things staffed up might be a challenge.  Some, who have been furloughed, may just decide they are done working on a ship.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheryl H said:

Does the CDC govern cruises out of Sweden also?  We have a cruise out of Sweden in July.  All I need is for ports to open up.  I believe Sweden's borders are open, but I'm not sure about the cruise ports in Sweden, Russia, and Estonia.  I guess we will wait and see. 

Estonia is awesome. Which ship are you on?

The following Northern Europe ports have re-opened, according to a survey conducted by Cruise Europe and Cruise Britain, and reported by Cruise Critic on April 27:

Aalborg
Aberdeen
Akureyri
Ayr & Troon
Barrow-in-Funess
Bergen
Bristol
Bronnoysund
Cardiff
Invergordon
Dover
Edinburgh
Eskifjordur
Falmouth, Cornwall
Fowey
Gdansk
Gothenburg
Greenock
Hamburg
Harlingen
Harstad
Harwich
Helsingborg
Holy Loch
Holyhead
Hull
Inverness
Kalundborg
Kristiansand
Kristiansund/Nordmore
Lerwick
Liverpool
Longyearbyen
Mukran
Newport
Oban
Orkney
Plymouth/Teignmouth
Portland
Portsmouth
Runavik
Santander
Sauoarkrokur
Siglufjordur
Skagen
Southampton
St. Petersburg
Stockholm
Swansea
Tillbury
Torquay
Torshavn
Tromso
Tyne
Ventspils

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheryl H said:

Port in Estonia is still closed.  I am not sure about Russia although I believe the cases of the virus are rising in Russia.  I have a Baltic cruise in August on Celebrity.  I am going to wait and see.  Ports may open but it will depend on government restrictions and cruise ships will be the last on the list, unfortunately.  

1 hour ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

I'm trying to recall the last time we elected police, fire marshals, health inspectors, bailiffs or building inspectors. 🙄

You think this is the same???  Well ok then.  It was a simple question and you did nothing to answer.  👏