Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
amurray88

Is it possible to get great deals on Oasis of the Seas?

Hello,

To give you some context - in the past I cruised RCI and wouldn't have thought about any other ship.

About 10 years ago I was tempted to try another company as it was cheaper and since then enjoyed great deals on NCL and (was meant to) on MSC.

I have always been desperate to go on Oasis - I booked it back in 2008 and it was cancelled! (the price back then, just to show you how life changes, for 7 nights, boardwalk balcony was £300pp.... not bad for a middle-range balcony!

Anyway, I'm not expecting that again however, can you still get great deals on Oasis of the Seas? (even interior rooms?)

We had booked MSC Seaside and previously had done NCL Epic - we got both of these for approx £80pppn including drinks (with MSC it even included a balcony).

I'm really struggling to get even close to that rate with RCI for Oasis (even without drinks) but not sure if that's just because of the current situation and later in the year they'll open up more offers. We typically will be going July or April time.

Thank you!

Anytime school is out, expect the prices to be higher, especially on a ship like Oasis which usually does 7 night sailings and tends to cater to families.  For the last few years booking early tends to get you your best pricing.

4 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Anytime school is out, expect the prices to be higher, especially on a ship like Oasis which usually does 7 night sailings and tends to cater to families.  For the last few years booking early tends to get you your best pricing.

Helpful thank you!

Do RCI do offers such as free drinks package, free balcony upgrades etc?

Sorry, I've been so long away from them I don't know what to expect now!

I monitor their website like everyday. I like it how they post news and other interesting information concerning their company and situation in the world. I wish I could sail on Symphony of the Seas this year.. well, we will move our cruise to our anniversary date. Hope everything will be alright by then. Moreover, I heard its like the biggest cruiser in the world. The only downside, it does not sail in August.. at least I didnt find any information about it

2 hours ago, amurray88 said:

Helpful thank you!

For those of us in the USA, I haven't seen free drinks packages and if one books a balcony guaranty, I guess it is possible to get an upgrade.  I have seen though that the UK, if that's where you live, has packages that include free drinks.  

I wish we were able to have that, but I guess we have some advantages that those in other countries don't have.

4 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

For those of us in the USA, I haven't seen free drinks packages and if one books a balcony guaranty, I guess it is possible to get an upgrade.  I have seen though that the UK, if that's where you live, has packages that include free drinks.  

I wish we were able to have that, but I guess we have some advantages that those in other countries don't have.

No problem Katie...I am from the UK but I book through US travel agents, they are far far cheaper (hundreds if not thousands of $s)

I got some great deals with MSC booking through a US travel agent but just can't see much in terms of RCI deals. Maybe they are so popular they don't need deals.

Thank you!

Yes it is possible.  I booked a balcony guarantee for $560 pp on Oasis for November, 2020 back in October, 2019.  It just popped up one day and I grabbed it.  Now the bigger question is - will it sail in November?

8 hours ago, mek said:

Yes it is possible.  I booked a balcony guarantee for $560 pp on Oasis for November, 2020 back in October, 2019.  It just popped up one day and I grabbed it.  Now the bigger question is - will it sail in November?

Nice, thank you! I guess it's all about being in a position to pounce when the deal comes up. We have to consider flight costs etc too which doesn't help and we're both teachers so stuck to school holidays 🙁 but that's the sort of pricing I'm talking about 👌. Did you enjoy the ship? Not sure if you've got personal experience to compare to Epic or Seaside?

4 hours ago, amurray88 said:

Nice, thank you! I guess it's all about being in a position to pounce when the deal comes up. We have to consider flight costs etc too which doesn't help and we're both teachers so stuck to school holidays 🙁 but that's the sort of pricing I'm talking about 👌. Did you enjoy the ship? Not sure if you've got personal experience to compare to Epic or Seaside?

I was on Epic the first year it sailed. I enjoyed the ship, the entertainment was OK, and thought the food in the MDR was not very good.  Overall, I'm not a big fan of NCL and really not interested in sailing on one of their ships again.  I've been on Oasis and Allure and loved them both - the entertainment is fantastic.  Food is OK - some things are very good, like the Park Cafe.  My husband and I are very light eaters, so we pass on speciality restaurants - just too much food. We've had balconies in Central Park and the Boardwalk - we liked Central Park better.

On 4/29/2020 at 2:20 PM, amurray88 said:

Helpful thank you!

A few years ago, the Upgrade Fairy was alive and well and would give upgrades most often to members of the higher loyalty tiers. On occasion, new cruisers were also paid a visit.  That all went away with passengers being allowed to bid for an upgrade- the "Royal Up" as it is now called.  Even the so called higher up cabins with a "guarantee" don't happen very often anymore as the higher categories of cabins are usually part of the "Royal Up" bidding wars. 

I have yet to see a "free" drinks package.  Your best bet is to watch pricing and commit when you are comfortable with the offer.  You can always cancel and rebook it if the price lowers.  

2 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

A few years ago, the Upgrade Fairy was alive and well and would give upgrades most often to members of the higher loyalty tiers. On occasion, new cruisers were also paid a visit.  That all went away with passengers being allowed to bid for an upgrade- the "Royal Up" as it is now called.  Even the so called higher up cabins with a "guarantee" don't happen very often anymore as the higher categories of cabins are usually part of the "Royal Up" bidding wars. 

I have yet to see a "free" drinks package.  Your best bet is to watch pricing and commit when you are comfortable with the offer.  You can always cancel and rebook it if the price lowers.  

Definitely seems that way. Spoke to my TA tonight and apparently 2021 bookings are through the roof so the prices are all pretty high!

21 hours ago, mek said:

I'm hoping it sails in November because we are booked and ready to go!