NCL Jade BA Balconies - bed placement

Kaylas Mom

Ok, a bit of an odd question but after 35+ cruises, and 5 on NCL my husband and I have concluded that the most important cabin feature to us is having the bed by the balcony door, rather than having it closer to the cabin door.   To us, that makes it much easier to get around, not having to go around the bed. 

So, today I booked cabin 10586 (Cat BA) on 

a 12/21/21 cruise on the Jade, a ship we have been on before and liked.   I asked our travel agent to make sure about the bed placement so she said she looked up cabin photos and the bed is by the balcony.  But I looked up photos, too, and I see the opposite. 

Does anyone know for sure?  Or does anyone know how to figure out which cabins have which placement.  I know how to figure it out on Celebrity, but except for Epic, with its curvy walls, I cannot figure out NCL. 

thanks! 

Thanks Desherry!

i wrote to my travel agent and asked her to triple check with NCL and, if necessary move us.  Like I said, it’s weird but everyone has his/her/their preferences and this is ours.  To us, it makes it so much easier to cope with having two adults in a small place.  Plus we love sleeping with the balcony door open. 

The bed placement is the SAME for all balcony cabins on the Jewel class ships (Jewel, Jade, Pearl and Gem).

On 4/29/2020 at 10:24 PM, desherry said:

On the GEM, room 10586 has a chair between the bed and the balcony. I was on the GEM this past January, and I believe that the JADE has a similar layout.

Plus a small sofa.

This picture was on the Jade, pre-drydock, in Nov 2016. Excuse the mess. The photo was taken when I was out on the balcony looking in.

The furniture may have changed since then.

DSC05611.JPG

• Like 1

On the Jewel class ships the difference in the bed placement is that some staterooms have the bed and loveseat on the left and some have the bed and loveseat on the right.  Here are two YouTube videos that show the difference.  Also, note that during the Jade refurb the table/chair that were across from the tiny loveseat were replaced with a built in wall shelf unit and a stool that can double as a small round table.

Here is YouTube video of Jade 10526, a BA stateroom that connects with 10528 next door.   Bed placement on right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12OW9ePr6fQ

Here is a YouTube video of BA 9122 with bed placement on the left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbJwRX9rqEU

Edited by kjquilts

1 minute ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Right, done Pearl and Jade, twice... bed is in the same location.  The BA & BA class ships are the only ships where the bed location differs. 

Yeppers, and also Epic. 

It’s the BA & BA Plus that you mean. 

• Haha 1