Refund coming, sorry it's delayed

Just got an email from RCL apologizing for the delay of my refund.  It should be coming in the next couple of weeks.  I was happy to get an acknowledgement that it was in the works.  I can be patient.

• Like 3

I got the same email today.  I agree it was nice to have acknowledgement and for them to just touch base.  (for reference I did the online request on 3/26, my cruise was supposed to be May 3-7)

Trix 🙂

You guys got letters?  You mean real words in the email? Wow!  All I got in my email was the subject line, "We’re sorry your refund is taking longer than expected."   I was sooooo excited read what they had to say, and there is nothing in the body of the email!  Only a box that looks like it's supposed to contain words, but nothing!  Ohhhh-kay, they must be really sorry.

I chalked it up to another fine job by the crack IT department.  "Hey guys, let's send an email and finally communicate."  Blank email arrives to customers.  "Oh, you mean we were supposed to write words."   😞

All joking aside, can someone please post the body of the email?  I would like to know how sorry they are.  Thanks!

This is what I got:  

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

It’s no secret that the world is going through a difficult time. And while there are many changes going on around us, one that will never change is our commitment to remain transparent and as communicative, as possible.

As we went into our global suspension of sailings, we initially estimated that refunds would take 30 days. Unfortunately, with an unprecedented volume of refunds and credits, we are delayed. We’ve worked diligently to resolve most of the volume issues and are working around the clock to address the backlog to get you your refund, as quickly possible. Currently, some refunds are taking up to 45 days. Please know that each and every request is receiving the same level of care and dedication. And rest assured, your refund will be honored and it is coming – it’s just taking a little longer than expected and we’re very sorry about that.

We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. We’ll have an update for you by May 6th, unless we see that your refund has already been disbursed between now and then. Please be sure to check with your banking institution for an update if you don’t hear from us. Please stay safe!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

My cruise was supposed to be March 15th & only canceled cause Royal did. After reading all the horror stories about the FCCs I opted for the full refund on March 23rd. I just got our refund April 24th. 

I requested a refund online and received a 125% FCC yesterday!  I'm hoping that it didn't put me at the back of the line after calling CS to inform them I never accepted a 125% FCC and that I filled out information for a refund!  My GF who I helped navigate through the system for her refund got the letter you all received yesterday too.  Glad to see that they are at least communicating with people.  I"ll probably get this email 30 days from now...grrrrr...

I also got that email yesterday concerning my April 25 transatlantic.  I asked for the refund on April 1 and they said it would take 30 days.  I'm not worried.  It takes time to process through the mess they have.  I'm grateful for the email to know I am still on their list.

Got a $348 credit today, which would be prepaid service charges for 2 for 12 days.  Our recently cancelled by RCI 5/17/20 cruise was 12 days, but have received nothing for our 5/2/20 cruise which had 15 days of prepaid daily service charges for 2 for $435 and was cancelled by RCI a few weeks earlier.  At least both cruises are no longer on my future cruises list, while the two September cruises cancelled 6 weeks ago before final payment are still listed, nothing back for them.

On 4/30/2020 at 6:20 AM, alsto40 said:

My cruise was supposed to be March 15th & only canceled cause Royal did. After reading all the horror stories about the FCCs I opted for the full refund on March 23rd. I just got our refund April 24th. 

HELP! The phone number they had was WRONG when I tried to cancel the FCC but there is no way to change it. No email as listed on the info you have to confirm either Has anyone else experienced this. It was the phone number from my Emerg contact but they know nothing about cruises! 

OP here.  I was relieved to get an acknowledgement that a refund is in the works.  I had filled in the request for a refund weeks ago but had not had any further info from RCL.

Opted for refund on March 30, looks like it could be a few more weeks before it actually comes through. I have not received any communication from Royal since request filed, just need to be patient I suppose.

Looks like we'll be waiting longer.  Just received the promised update email which buys them more ambiguous time.

Dear Guest,

As promised, we are following up on last week’s refund update, where we shared that we needed some extra time due to volume. Your refund is currently being processed and disbursement will occur by the end of this week, which means you’ll see your refund in your account sometime next week. If you don’t, be sure to contact your banking institution for an update. 

We hope that amidst this global pandemic, you continue to remain healthy and safe and we remain optimistic that each day that passes, is another day closer to joining us back on the high seas! 

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

I found a refund that had been issued 4/1 by Celebrity hadn't pushed through successfully to the credit card when I asked about it 4/27. Rep sent an email asking for it to be pushed again. 5/6 found it had been successfully pushed and received the credit card refund 5/6.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

On 4/30/2020 at 6:20 AM, alsto40 said:

Good thinking.  We also had a 3/15 cruise that we cancelled and chose FCC.  We have yet to hear anything about our FCC.