non-refundable deposit

MSPCUBS

I am booked on a British Isles cruise in September on the Regal.  I originally had a refundable deposit, but changed it when the price dropped (before virus) in order to get the "freebies" that Princess was offering.  Since they are now being more flexible with their cancellation policy, does anyone know whether Princess is refunding or giving FCC for the deposit? Or am I out of luck for the deposit money?

Normally you would not get the deposit back but these are not normal times.  Therefore you would have to contact Princess to see what their policy is today and could change tomorrow.  The cruise industry is in a state of flux with no one really knowing when they are going to offer cruises in the future.  

If the cruise falls within their new temporary cancellation policy, which September does, you may cancel and any cancellation fees will be refunded as Future Cruise Credit.  So if only deposit is paid and you cancel prior to final payment, the deposit will be refunded as FCC.  If you make final payment and then cancel, your will receive refund or FCC according to the cancellation schedule.

On 4/30/2020 at 4:26 PM, MSPCUBS said:

I am booked on a British Isles cruise in September on the Regal.  I originally had a refundable deposit, but changed it when the price dropped (before virus) in order to get the "freebies" that Princess was offering.  Since they are now being more flexible with their cancellation policy, does anyone know whether Princess is refunding or giving FCC for the deposit? Or am I out of luck for the deposit money?

We were booked on the Enchanted Princess Med for October 2020.  We had a non-refundable deposit ( I didn't notice as in 50 cruises I always had refundable. But it came with $1,000 credit which I used on excursions, etc.) We cancelled the cruise before they did. Our TA was  able to exchange the non-refundable deposit to refundable for same itinerary October 2021 but no $1000  credit just the new perks that they are now offering ( WIFI-Beverage-Gratuities). I think if we didn't re-book we would have lost it.

I'm in the same shape. I have a non-refundable deposit as the result of refaring to take advantage of a price drop for November 4 on the Caribbean Princess. They cancelled every cruise prior to this one. It will be the first/next Caribbean cruise once things crank back up. I guess I'll just wait them out. 

My September British Isles cruise just got canceled by Princess.  I will be able to get a refund for my non-refundable deposit.  The other option they gave was to get double the deposit money in the form of FCCs.  But, since the 2021 cruise is $2000 more for the same cabin type, I plan on taking the cash refund.

Because we cancelled before Princess  did, we weren’t offered a deposit refund. Yes the October 2021cruise is much more expensive. So much for future cruises being bargains. But if we change our minds at least the deposit is refundable. ( if they don’t go out of business). Now we just have to deal with our pricy Delta tickets.

1 hour ago, MSPCUBS said:

My September British Isles cruise just got canceled by Princess.  I will be able to get a refund for my non-refundable deposit.  The other option they gave was to get double the deposit money in the form of FCCs.  But, since the 2021 cruise is $2000 more for the same cabin type, I plan on taking the cash refund.

Same here. And for next year, it is an older ship... but we happen to like the Crown.