Celebrity Aft Cabin Question

MickeyG

Greetings...hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

My wife and I will be switching our 2020 Alaska cruise to August, 2021. We will be on the Celebrity Eclipse. This will be our first Alaskan cruise. I have a question about the aft cabins on deck 12. We are considering a sky suite with one of the wrap around cabins (cabin 2151 port side or 2146 starboard). The main advantages with either of these cabins, from what I've researched, are the views and the overhang (keeping out the sun, rain and soot). The main downside seems to be the oceanview bar which is on the deck directly above these cabins. Some have complained about the sliding of chairs and the other noises generated from this area.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions from anyone who has been a passenger in either of these cabins, or anyone who has some knowledge of the aft cabins on deck 12. Would it be better to drop down a level or two and sacrifice the overhang for a quieter cabin? 

We thought an aft cabin is the way to go on an Alaskan cruise. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Cheers.....Mick

The aft Sky Suites are, in our opinion, the best cabins on the ship considering value.

Our first choice would be on a lower deck because you very well may hear noise from above.  Also, people are directly above you when they are at the rail one deck up.  If it were us, and no other aft S1s, were available, I would lock in one of the Deck 12 ones and then watch over the next 15 months to see what opens up.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, MickeyG said:

Greetings...hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

My wife and I will be switching our 2020 Alaska cruise to August, 2021. We will be on the Celebrity Eclipse. This will be our first Alaskan cruise. I have a question about the aft cabins on deck 12. We are considering a sky suite with one of the wrap around cabins (cabin 2151 port side or 2146 starboard). 

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions from anyone who has been a passenger in either of these cabins, or anyone who has some knowledge of the aft cabins on deck 12. Would it be better to drop down a level or two and sacrifice the overhang for a quieter cabin? 

We thought an aft cabin is the way to go on an Alaskan cruise. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Cheers.....Mick

Mick. We had this Aft stateroom on the Port side on Eclipse for our last Alaska Cruise.  We loved it.  We spent a lot of our time out there on our mid June cruise.   We took two of our grandchildren with us.  While we were outside enjoying the fantastic views and watching for whales  we were very protected ourselves from the wind.  On the sides they get the wind.  We were not bothered by the noise. Even though we had fantastic sunny weather there were not that many people up there as it gets windy and cooler up there in the bar for those sitting outside.  
Our recommendation is book it and enjoy. 

• Thanks 1

We have had 2 of these on deck 12 the Sillhouette and have another booked for April.  July ( say a little prayer) we had to move down to the 10th deck as 12 was full.  The noise on deck 12 is there.... but you have to listen for it.  Usually in the morning was when I could hear it... people going to breakfast buffet.  Is it enough to make me move decks.... heck no!  I also loved just walking down the hall to the pool.  That was AMAZING when we had my mom with us.   So easy for her to get to and from the pool.  

Go for it... you will love it!

• Thanks 1

The noise isn't too bad.  Just in the morning and then in the early evening and in short intervals.   For Alaska,  you're getting up early every day anyway...either to whale or glacier watch or to get off the ship and explore. The pole next to the bed bothered me more than the noise.  LOL...In the middle of the night I walked right into it (after an evening of way too many martini's).  For Alaska...it's the best view in the house.  You get to see whales from every perspective.  It's just amazing!!  Grab it and enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for the comments and suggestions. Everyone 's thoughts were very helpful. Will shoot for the sky suite wrap around on deck 12. Just have to settle on which aft side of the ship to book....the port or starboard.

Thanks again and be safe!!!

Mick