Face masks Onboard?? Yes or No --- merged thread

geckoaz

Ok we all have them .

The group tshirtswe purchased for now cancelled cruises. Post them if you want.  I am supposed to be flying to miami right now for our cancelled may carnival horizon cruise. i was thinking that a group face masks might be the style on our next cruise. 

Edited by Host Carolyn
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, geckoaz said:

Ok we all have them .

The group tshirtswe purchased for now cancelled cruises. Post them if you want.  I am supposed to be flying to miami right now for our cancelled may carnival horizon cruise. i was thinking that a group face masks might be the style on our next cruise. 

I was supposed to be on that sailing too! I'm going to drink my cancelation sorrows away with some margaritas Saturday 🍹

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JaxsMama said:

I was supposed to be on that sailing too! I'm going to drink my cancelation sorrows away with some margaritas Saturday 🍹

I wasn't going on that cruise, but i will drink to that with you. Happy sailing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chiliwily0 said:

Group face masks sound fun, but can you wear them in the dining room on elegant night? LOL

Let’s hope that they are for interaction points like embark and debark only.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I don't see how face masks would be effective.   People are always eating or drinking.   Think about it, you're sitting in the MDR and you lift your mask for every bite or sip.  Yeah, I don't think so.

Maybe they’ll come out with one that has a feeding slot. I’d recommend Velcro. I wouldn’t want a zipper there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

If our December cruise isn’t canceled and it is safe to cruise then I think we are going to have some made for our group that is going. Even if it is just to wear for pictures!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/2/2020 at 11:49 AM, RomanceMama said:

Maybe if you add some rhinestones. 😉  

Beaddazzel is coming back.  I am buying stock. LOL  LOL   The next Carnival contest, who has the best Beaddazzel mask! 

Edited by Diggerof4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, geckoaz said:

We are on an October cruise. This could be a new lido masquerade party. 

Ordinarily Carnival does not allow face masks on Halloween.  I wonder how they are going to get around requiring people wearing faces masks.  I seriously doubt they will.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Ordinarily Carnival does not allow face masks on Halloween.  I wonder how they are going to get around requiring people wearing faces masks.  I seriously doubt they will.

Seriously doubt they will what?

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

They very well may, at embarkation and possibly muster.  Airlines are doing it starting today.

I guess that's a possibility.  But in reality,  when you remove the mask, any benefit is wiped out as you start to mingle.  Wearing a mask on a plane is different because it is a limited amount of time.  Again, when you remove it to eat your peanuts or to sip on your drink, you completely  negate the effects of wearing a mask in the first place. I dont have the answers and I dont have a crystal ball.  It just seems to me that a lot of this is just to make us feel safe.   I've been doing a lot of reading on the subject and it seems that most face masks give very little to no protection.  Again, I dont have the answers, I just do me.

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Do you know why they don't allow masks on Halloween? Is it a safety issue because some masks could obstruct a person's view? Just curious.

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Do you know why they don't allow masks on Halloween? Is it a safety issue because some masks could obstruct a person's view? Just curious.

Not sure, all of the above? Maybe for identity purposes?

33 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Jason

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I guess that's a possibility.  But in reality,  when you remove the mask, any benefit is wiped out as you start to mingle.  Wearing a mask on a plane is different because it is a limited amount of time.  Again, when you remove it to eat your peanuts or to sip on your drink, you completely  negate the effects of wearing a mask in the first place. I dont have the answers and I dont have a crystal ball.  It just seems to me that a lot of this is just to make us feel safe.   I've been doing a lot of reading on the subject and it seems that most face masks give very little to no protection.  Again, I dont have the answers, I just do me.

Again, masks do not protect you, they protect others from you.  

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Again, masks do not protect you, they protect others from you.  

I'm not going to give recommendations to people on social media.  I do challenge everyone to do their own serious research from reputable sources and do what they feel comfortable doing. I will say I find it funny to see people driving in cars by themselves with masks on.  But again,  do what makes you feel safe.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1