New HAL offer for existing reservations

TN Fem

I just got an email from HAL offering me up to $250 OBC if I put more $$ down on my Dec cruise ($750) or if I pay the balance now 10% off + $250 OBC. 

I just want my $$$ back from the cruise HAL canceled. I was going to use some of it to purchase 1 excursion for our December cruise. 

I received the same offer and am interested in doing the $750 in payment to earn $250 in OBC.  HOWEVER, in the fine print I saw this: "Maximum onboard credit US$250; no incremental or additional on-board credits shall be awarded. "

Since I 1) already have $400 in OBC due to FCDs and 2) should (hopefully) get another $250 from shareholder credit, I am concerned.  Any thoughts before I call my PCC (they do not always know the answer I have found)?

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I received the same offer and am interested in doing the $750 in payment to earn $250 in OBC.  HOWEVER, in the fine print I saw this: "Maximum onboard credit US$250; no incremental or additional on-board credits shall be awarded. "

Since I 1) already have $400 in OBC due to FCDs and 2) should (hopefully) get another $250 from shareholder credit, I am concerned.  Any thoughts before I call my PCC (they do not always know the answer I have found)?

I read that to mean if you paid $500 today and you  received the $125 you couldn't pay $250 more and get the other $125 (incremental) and / or if you paid the $750 today, your couldn't pay another $750 and get another $250 (additional add on credits)

Pay Early Installment Separate Offer: Guests that pay a $250, $500, or $750 early installment by May 31, 2020 on an Eligible Cruise will receive an onboard spending credit for the Eligible Cruise as follows: payment of $250 installment eligible for US$50 onboard spending credit, payment of $500 installment eligible for US$125 onboard spending credit, and payment of $750 installment eligible for US$250 onboard spending credit. Maximum onboard credit US$250; no incremental or additional on-board credits shall be awarded. 

Pay Early Installment Separate Offer <<<<<<<---This is realtive to the paragraph header ->>>>no incremental or additional on-board credits shall be awarded

Edited by AlanF65

13 minutes ago, Cindy said:

I am supposed to be sailing September 26. I did not receive an offer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We too are to sail 9/26 and did not receive this offer. We are 4 star Mariners so wonder why our sailing wasn’t in this offer.

5 minutes ago, madera1 said:

We too are to sail 9/26 and did not receive this offer. We are 4 star Mariners so wonder why our sailing wasn’t in this offer.

If you read the fine print in what AlanF65 posted, above, it excludes summer and fall 2020 sailings.

3 minutes ago, madera1 said:

The offer is good for sailings 120 days out and if you waited until 5/30 when the offer ends you are no longer 120 days out, you could call and ask if you pay now if you can get the offer. I also haven't paid anything but the deposit and they will soon owe me a FCC so if I took the pay in full offer I would still have a FCC once they issue it

promo code (DH) and is only valid on select (indicated) sailings booked by calling 1-(877)-724-5425 at least 120 days before the cruise’s departure date and no later than May 31, 2020.

7 minutes ago, madera1 said:

Have an October cruise scheduled and didn’t receive either. However, if I read the fine print correctly, Summer and Fall 2020 are excluded.

40 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Sounds like they are needing cash. I would be hesitant to give them more now until there is a more definite time of when sailings actually will resume.

We just received this email as well, for our January Caribbean cruise, and I had the same reaction.  We aren’t going to be paying more money toward a booked cruise in this uncertain environment. 

And as far as we are concerned, the issue isn’t only the unknown factor of when will sailings resume, but also how safe we would feel taking this cruise. It is highly unlikely, for example, that there will be a vaccine that has been widely available prior to our cruise. 

The issue for us is whether we’ll cancel before final payment, but we are not going to pay over more money before then in exchange for some OBC. 

YMMV

1 hour ago, JT1962 said:

Sounds like they are needing cash. I would be hesitant to give them more now until there is a more definite time of when sailings actually will resume.

Yes, looking for cash to pay all the refunds that are outstanding.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

You think they're still paying share holder credit after their stock took such a hit?

Part of me is interested.. we have $600 OBC per cabin and free gratuities already so I'm not sure we could spend more since we usually like to have our excursions nailed down well in advance and don't drink. 

but I still want the almost 10k they owe me from my canceled March cruise. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

If you read the fine print in what AlanF65 posted, above, it excludes summer and fall 2020 sailings.

That makes sense for a couple possible reasons...

1. Whether or not those sail is probably no better than 50/50. 

2. Final payment is too close for it to really benefit them as far as cash flow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

To me this is an indication that HAL is hurting for money.

I wouldn't take their offer -- JMO.

I agree.  Seems like a desparate measure to me.  I wouldn't even pay 90 days in advance in this environment.  A lot can happen in 90 days.

• Like 2