I Booked My First MSC Cruise

Megtheblackbelt

...and I'm really stoked about it. My only 2 cruises have both been on Royal Caribbean's Oasis-class (one in an OV balcony, the other in a Junior Suite). That said, I did book the " Yacht Club Deluxe Suite" on the Virtuosa, so fingers crossed this ship won't disappoint in comparison to Oasis-class.

For 2 people, I paid 2,518 euros total (which includes gratuities). When I look at other sailings in the same class as Virtuosa with similar itineraries, I see that the YC Deluxe Suites usually go for roughly ~5,000 euros for 2 people. GO ME! 😛 

That said, I am a little nervous about this cruise because I have a feeling once we experience the YC for the first time... we won't want to sail any other way. My husband and I are only 24/25, so booking 40-50 more years worth of YC cruises over our lifetime might add up. Haha.

We just re-located from the US to Barcelona, Spain for our company, and anticipate manyyyyy European cruises to come. Hopefully on MSC. 🙂 

Edited by Megtheblackbelt
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, cellfree said:

How wonderful for you. When is your cruise? Anticipation is half the fun. 

April 19th, 2021! Honestly, I do not think it is the best itinerary (embark from) Civitavecchia, Italy > Palermo, Italy > Valletta, Malta > Sea Day > Barcelona, Spain (where we live 😛) > Marseille, France > Portofino, Italy (disembark).

We are planning to spend 2-3 days in Rome before embarkation to add to the trip, since it leaves on a Monday. 

That said, for our future cruises I am worried about running out of itineraries we are okay with on ships we want to sail (newer, bigger). Seems that for any cruises through Greece, Turkey, etc., you have to take on the older/smaller ships. Boooo.

Excited for you, currently have a Northern Europe on Meraviglia booked for August which is looking doubtful, and a mini med cruise on Grandiosa in November, which is 4 days, and I was considering making it a b2b and adding on the available 3 day one immediately afterwards round to Lisbon before it starts its TA.

Ironically I had been looking at April cruises, and had my eye on a 19th one, but on Seaside departing from Barcelona, as with Meraviglia and Grandiosa booked, I am keen to get a Seaside class booked in soon.

1 hour ago, JP82 said:

Excited for you, currently have a Northern Europe on Meraviglia booked for August which is looking doubtful, and a mini med cruise on Grandiosa in November, which is 4 days, and I was considering making it a b2b and adding on the available 3 day one immediately afterwards round to Lisbon before it starts its TA.

Ironically I had been looking at April cruises, and had my eye on a 19th one, but on Seaside departing from Barcelona, as with Meraviglia and Grandiosa booked, I am keen to get a Seaside class booked in soon.

Do the additional 3 days, do ittt! We will be doing Portugal as a land trip once we are able to. Can’t wait to drink wine in Porto. :,)

• Like 1

Hah, I'm pretty sure we will. We're only an interior cabin for the first four day, but got it for £200pp when it was free drinks package if you booked Fantastica. So once I am a little clearer on how the rest of 2020 is going to look and if sailing will resume then it's a go. And we will move to a balcony for the sail to Lisbon.

1 hour ago, JP82 said:

Rumours are swirling that the Virtuosa completion/launch will be delayed now to early '21. Hopefully with your date. You should be okay!!

Thanks!! Not worrying about it though. Won't be a big deal if we have to postpone (even though we probably won't be able to find the YC rate the same again).