Revert to our guest

ronheg

We cancelled our cruise 115 days Before sail date.  At the time, 3/5/20, we were entitled to 100% refund.  Ncl refunded 100%  of cruise fare on 4/1.  On 4/23 the “made an adjustment “ to our credit card of $1268.  This represents a 25% cancellation fee.  I tried to dispute the charge with CC company.  They said i could only dispute charges I initiated, not ncl initiated charges.  They told me call ncl.  Supervisor said email guest relations and ask for your $ back.  I did that.  Here is response “refunds may take up to 90 days.  We are working diligently to ensure we revert to our guests as soon as possible.”   Does this mean they agree with me and are processing my refund?  The credit card company says i must pay them now (or start paying interest on the balance) because it is not a disputed item.    I’ve never heard “revert to our guests “ phrase.

At the time I cancelled, they had changed their policy to 90 days.  I cancelled on march 5.  On march 6, they stopped that policy and instituted peace of mind.  On 4/1 they returned 100%. They clawed back 25% when cruise oficially cancelled the 

Good question - please come back and let us know how it gets resolved.

In another discussion, you said you originally disputed the refund because it was taking too long.  So it's possible that it's a system glitch -NCL would automatically process a 25% penalty under normal circumstances and your refund/dispute was processed through automatically, so you would need to have NCL make the correction. 

Another possibility is because you disputed the charges, your "enhanced" 90-day refund policy was voided and reverted back to the original 120-day policy.

5 hours ago, rhblake said:

I have read elsewhere that while the final payment was changed to 90 days the option to cancel did not move and remained at 120 days. That may be your situation.

That makes perfect sense.

I have read elsewhere that while the final payment was changed to 90 days the option to cancel did not move and remained at 120 days. That may be your situation.

I have an upcoming final payment on HAL. Even though they have shortened the final payment due date, the cancellation penalties remain unchanged. I think this is probably what happened in the OP’s case.

Sent from my iPad using Forums