SS Future Re-Open Plan: Timing, Testing Needs??!!

TLCOhio

19 hours ago, tosteve1 said:

I was just notified that Celebrity is cancelling their 2020-21 Australia/Asia cruises. We were scheduled Auckland to Sydney in January 2021 on the Eclipse.  In Sydney we were scheduled to board the Muse to Hong Kong. I anticipate that the Silversea cruise will be canceled soon as well. We rescheduled the Muse for 2022 believing this would happen.

YES, much is happening with various schedule changes and cancellations.  Much is still to be determined, including Marc's comment of "Muse still isn't cancelled but Antarctica on Silver Cloud and a number of New Zealand Silver Explorer cruises have been cancelled."  

From the USA Today newspaper this morning, they had this headline: “When cruising comes back, will the buffet return with it? Here's what the cruise lines say” with these highlights: “As the cruise industry's Nov. 1 restart date approaches, companies have implemented new health protocols and submitted them to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, slowly painting a picture as to what cruising might look like when it returns. But one question remains unanswered: Will the buffet, a beloved part of the cruise experience, return?  The answer varies by cruise line. In many cases, the buffet is still going to be a dining option – but it will be different. In other words, it will no longer be a free-for-all where you grab what you want yourself.”

For Royal Caribbean lines, they summarize:  "Look but don't touch" as it will "no longer be self-service."  This includes for: "Royal Caribbean and its sister lines, which include Celebrity Cruises, Silversea and Azamara, plan to offer cruisers a modified buffet. 'We think we can provide the same experience without the risk of contagion,' Richard Fain, CEO of Royal Caribbean Group, told USA TODAY.  Passengers will  walk to the buffet, request the item they want and a server will plate it for them. Diners are still allowed to return as many times as they like,  All Royal Caribbean Group lines will also implement changes to their dining rooms. They will require masks except while eating, implement social distancing in seating and standing areas, and increase sanitation.  It's also going to cap the number of passengers allowed in the dining room itself at one time.  'I think what’s special about the cruise is the panoply of choices you have,' Fain said. 'We want to appeal to whatever you want: if you want a formal seating and sit-down dining, we have that. If you want informal and a buffet, we have that.' "

Reactions and questions??  This plan will require more staffing and the limiting of the main dining room capacity raises some potential servive/quality questions.

Full story at:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/10/07/future-of-cruise-ship-buffets-carnival-norwegian-royal-caribbean/3585196001/

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 231,160 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Reactions and questions??  This plan will require more staffing and the limiting of the main dining room capacity raises some potential servive/quality questions.

My first reaction is the elimination or reduction of self-service in the limited options in the La Terrazza breakfast and lunch buffet is not as big an issue or cutback versus the large main stream cruise lines.   Sure we kind of enjoy it because we can vary our breakfasts and lunches there from day to day but that’s an easy adjustment.   I do see potential issues with limited main dining room capacity but that cuts across all the dining venues and all will have reduced capacity.   I can see a 100% reservation requirement for all venues and maybe other changes like longer hours and more seatings.   I have to wonder how any cruise line is going to accomplish what looks like a higher staff requirement and yet provide the supposedly less confined or crowded crew accommodations.   Certainly the larger ships could remove passenger cabins from their inventory and house crew but that would be problematic on lines like Silversea.   My final thought is that if the pandemic situation is still such that there a whole set of restrictions and limitations like we have seen mentioned then what is the advisability of cruising?

18 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

My first reaction is the elimination or reduction of self-service in the limited options in the La Terrazza breakfast and lunch buffet is not as big an issue or cutback versus the large main stream cruise lines.   Sure we kind of enjoy it because we can vary our breakfasts and lunches there from day to day but that’s an easy adjustment.   I do see potential issues with limited main dining room capacity but that cuts across all the dining venues and all will have reduced capacity.   I can see a 100% reservation requirement for all venues and maybe other changes like longer hours and more seatings.    My final thought is that if the pandemic situation is still such that there a whole set of restrictions and limitations like we have seen mentioned then what is the advisability of cruising?

Appreciate these great comments and follow-ups from Randy.  Great points as to what works well for smaller, more "personal" ships such as Silversea, can do/offer versus what will be different with the larger, more "mass" ships. 

From the Wall Street Journal this morning, they had a press release with this headline: “Carnival Provides a Business Update” with this opening summary from CEO Arnold Donald noting, "We have come full circle from initiating a suspension in the early days of the pandemic, to transitioning the fleet into a pause status, right sizing our organization and embarking on the phased resumption of guest operations, underway in two of our  brands, Costa in Italy and AIDA in Germany. We have accelerated the sale of less efficient ships, enabling us to capitalize on pent up demand on reduced capacity and structurally lower our cost base. We are taking aggressive actions managing the balance sheet and reducing capacity to position us to weather this disruption and also emerge a leaner, more efficient company."

Here are some more of their highlights: “While the company believes bookings in the first half of 2021 reflect expectations of the phased resumption of its guest cruise operations and anticipated itinerary changes, as of September 20, 2020, cumulative advanced bookings for the second half of 2021 capacity currently available for sale are at the higher end of the historical range. The company believes this demonstrates the long-term potential demand for cruising. Pricing on these bookings are lower by mid-single digits versus the second half of 2019, on a comparable basis, reflecting the effect of future cruise credits ("FCC") from previously cancelled cruises being applied. The company continues to take bookings for both 2021 and 2022.”

Much of this release is "Corporate Spin 101", but it gives a few insights as to how some form of re-opening will be slowly staged with added adjustments to be expected as the "science" evolves and develops.  Still many unknowns as to testing, vaccines, etc. 

Full story at:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/carnival-corporation-plc-provides-a-business-update-01602163380?tesla=y

or at: 

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-corporation--plc-provides-a-business-update-301148245.html

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 88,820 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

• Like 1

From MSN News this morning, they had this headline: “Royal Caribbean trials ‘cruises to nowhere’ with ships sailing in circles from Singapore” with these highlights: “Royal Caribbean International and Genting Cruise Lines, two of the world’s largest cruise lines, will start sailing again out of Singapore, but instead of whisking passengers to faraway lands, guests will pay thousands of dollars to go around in circles.  Ships have now been given the green lights to sail from the city-state’s port, after permission was granted by authorities in Singapore.  Cruise holidays already restarted in some countries from August, but the development in Singapore will be seen as a big boost because its port is a major travel hub in Asia. This prevents passengers from disembarking and catching or spreading the virus in different ports. While passengers won’t be able to enjoy the sights and experiences of visiting different countries, they will still be able to appreciate the facilities, food and weather onboard.”

Like sailing around in a circle with no ports?  Personally, it does nothing for us.  Don't know that we are in the majority or the minority.  Other reactions and views?

Full story at:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/royal-caribbean-trials-cruises-to-nowhere-with-ships-sailing-in-circles-from-singapore/ar-BB19P55q

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 67,519 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

1 hour ago, TLCOhio said:

Much of this release is "Corporate Spin 101", but it gives a few insights as to how some form of re-opening will be slowly staged with added adjustments to be expected as the "science" evolves and develops.  Still many unknowns as to testing, vaccines, etc. 

Love the “Corporate Spin 101” comment, spot on.  Bottom line is smaller, leaner, and more efficient.   How that translates into the cruise experience is in my mind the unknown.  

As for the still many unknowns and the science purely coincidentally my wife had her semiannual checkup with her hematologist yesterday.   Mrs K has a autoimmune blood condition that causes her no issues but has to be monitored just in case.   She is just fine and her blood counts were actually very high and the best they have been in our 22 years together.  What did come out of the checkup was a discussion of the “science” concerning Covid-19 and how it applies to my wife’s condition.   First of all the doctor still advises against her taking the flu vaccine.  In her case it could trigger an autoimmune episode that potentially could be worst than the flu which by the way she has no history of in our 22 years together.   It is a somewhat unique individual situation and doesn’t apply to most of us.  Secondly, and kind of conversely, the doctor did advise she take a Covid-19 vaccine when available.   Her feeling was the risk of an autoimmune episode was offset by the virus’ apparent tendency to attack blood chemistry.   She did stress she would decide which if any vaccine she would give my wife and only when she felt it was totally safe and she felt that would be months to a year.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your wife's condition Randy, and hope the COVID vaccine comes sooner rather than later.

I agree with you Terry, for us the opportunity to cruise is to see multiple ports, not just to stuff ourselves full of food!

Our problem in the UK is that we are subject to 14 days quarantine if we try to holiday in most places at the moment, let alone come home again! My TA assures me this should not be the case in Canada and USA next July but I am not so sure?

36 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Our problem in the UK is that we are subject to 14 days quarantine if we try to holiday in most places at the moment, let alone come home again! My TA assures me this should not be the case in Canada and USA next July but I am not so sure?

WT99,

Interested to hear your take, or in-fact any local news, about what returning UK passengers, as well as arriving US passengers, might have to deal with over the next several months, with respect to quarantine, and changing government regulations.

We have an Apr ‘21 TA B2B with a British Isles cruise scheduled, and I’m finding optimism in very short supply about that cruise pair going off, given how fluid everything seems at the moment. RCL Group seems to be trying to be trying to be a little more definite with their messaging, especially with the premium brands like SS, Azamara & etc. That’s admirable, but still not saying a whole lot considering all the rolling cancellations so far.

I can’t even begin to guess what government requirements we might have to deal with in that timeframe. Leaving the US, arriving in the EU, then on to the UK, back to the EU, and then back to the US. No amount of research is sufficient to allay my concerns, and that has doesn’t factor in anything to do with the virus, or whatever will be the new reality of cruising.

As an aside, I had to giggle at your Travel Agent  having assured you of the situation for next July. Given what’s happened so far, I’m not sure anyone’s crystal ball is quite that good. 😉 

Edited by docruth

Back in April I rang the SS London office to cancel our Spirit Athens - Dubai cruise for 5 Nov this year. Our contact expressed surprise: "That's 7 months away!" I'm not claiming any clairvoyance but, at the time, I don't think many people fully appreciated the nature of a highly infectious virus nor how long the magic bullet of a reliable vaccine would take to develop. 

We also cancelled our Moon TA for March next year because I cannot, in all conscience, leave the money in SS's coffers at such an uncertain time. 

How anyone can look at the next 6-12 months and state with anything other than wishful thinking and crossed fingers that cruising will resume in any meaningful way is an act of pure guesswork. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Sorry to hear about your wife's condition Randy, and hope the COVID vaccine comes sooner rather than later.  I agree with you Terry, for us the opportunity to cruise is to see multiple ports, not just to stuff ourselves full of food!   Our problem in the UK is that we are subject to 14 days quarantine if we try to holiday in most places at the moment, let alone come home again! My TA assures me this should not be the case in Canada and USA next July but I am not so sure?

Nice above comments and follow-up from worldtraveller99, plus from mrlevin,  Randy, docruth and TTS.  My wife has a type of immune system situation that requires her to exercise care and smarts as to what she does and how.  We discovered this challenges in 2015 in preparing to our Amazon River on the Silver Cloud as to whether or not she should take a yellow fever vaccine.  Clearly, this whole "situation" is not going to be over, settled and done by next month, December or January.  It is "evolving", but we still have much more to learn and know.  

From the Miami Herald in the heart of the cruise and travel industry this morning, they had this headline: International air travel is down. Can rapid COVID-19 tests resurrect it in the Caribbean? with these highlights: “Facing one of the biggest downturns in international air travel and tourism amid a still surging coronavirus pandemic, Caribbean nations and airlines are hoping rapid COVID-19 testing will help them lure travelers back. American Airlines, the region’s primary air carrier, has announced that it will soon be piloting a preflight coronavirus testing program with Jamaica, followed by the Bahamas. The U.S.-based carrier, along with United Airlines, also announced it’s launching a similar program for passengers traveling to Costa Rica and Hawaii.  But exactly what that means is unclear.   Overall, international travel is down 92% globally compared to 2019, according to the International Air Transport Association. In a release last month endorsing preflight testing, the airline trade organization said that countries’ varied and changeable requirements for testing and quarantine have made travel impractical and planning impossible. The problem: Rules regarding testing and quarantine vary from one island nation to the next.”

The safety and resumption of airline flights are only one aspect for what is needed to get cruising and travel back to some closer form of what might be called "NORMAL".

Here are more details from this comprehensive Miami Herald story: "Like most Caribbean countries, Jamaica currently requires an RT-PCR COVID-19 laboratory test for all incoming visitors and returning residents. (The letters stand for reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction, considered the most reliable of the tests widely available.) But even with that requirement, Jamaica is seeing an explosion in COVID-19 infections, which now stand at more than 7,100 confirmed cases and 123 deaths.  American isn’t saying why it decided to offer preflight testing in Jamaica and  potentially elsewhere after delaying its planned June return to St. Lucia because it didn’t want to be responsible for enforcing the country’s testing requirement.  Since borders began reopening in June, Caribbean countries, like travelers, have been grappling with travel and restrictions. Many governments have found that their testing requirements have fallen short and that government-mandated quarantines are either too expensive, or impossible, to police."

Sounds complicated to travel, either by air or cruise ship.  OR, to be able to visit certain islands in the Caribbean, etc.  Right or wrong?

Full story at:

https://www.miamiherald.com/article246147870.html

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 50,229 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Terry, do keep these reports coming. This side of the pond we are getting very little cruise news, in fact almost none. Your comments and links are so useful for keeping up to date. 

Edited by Tothesunset

1 hour ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Sorry to hear about your wife's condition Randy, and hope the COVID vaccine comes sooner rather than later.

I agree with you Terry, for us the opportunity to cruise is to see multiple ports, not just to stuff ourselves full of food!

Thanks for the concern.  It really isn’t an issue in a day-to-day kind of way and my wife doesn’t take any medication or treatments for it unless she has an episode or surgery and that has only happened once in 22 years.   It has kept us from considering certain cruises as she can’t take vaccines like for yellow fever.    Supposedly she could get a waiver letter but then again she risks catching yellow fever so those cruises are off the list.   

We too are destination cruisers so the thought of cruises to nowhere really aren’t attractive.   We can afford to eat and drink pretty much all we want right here at home for a lot less than $1,000 per day.

Potential quarantine is an issue for us.  We couldn’t afford the time and wouldn’t pay the money to go into a 10-14 quarantine just to cruise.   Have a friend right now who is trying to arrange to return to Qatar where they work and they are faced with a minimum 14-day quarantine in a government approved facility.   Minimum cost is $5,000.    

2 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

From MSN News this morning, they had this headline: “Royal Caribbean trials ‘cruises to nowhere’ with ships sailing in circles from Singapore” with these highlights: “Royal Caribbean International and Genting Cruise Lines, two of the world’s largest cruise lines, will start sailing again out of Singapore, but instead of whisking passengers to faraway lands, guests will pay thousands of dollars to go around in circles.  Ships have now been given the green lights to sail from the city-state’s port, after permission was granted by authorities in Singapore.  Cruise holidays already restarted in some countries from August, but the development in Singapore will be seen as a big boost because its port is a major travel hub in Asia. This prevents passengers from disembarking and catching or spreading the virus in different ports. While passengers won’t be able to enjoy the sights and experiences of visiting different countries, they will still be able to appreciate the facilities, food and weather onboard.”

Like sailing around in a circle with no ports?  Personally, it does nothing for us.  Don't know that we are in the majority or the minority.  Other reactions and views?

Full story at:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/royal-caribbean-trials-cruises-to-nowhere-with-ships-sailing-in-circles-from-singapore/ar-BB19P55q

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 67,519 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Singapore Airlines tried this too with "flights to nowhere," but apparently there weren't enough takers, so now it's trying to convert some of its airplanes into on-the-ground restaurants. Good luck. Full story at: https://thepointsguy.com/news/singapore-flights-to-nowhere/.

3 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

Back in April I rang the SS London office to cancel our Spirit Athens - Dubai cruise for 5 Nov this year. Our contact expressed surprise: "That's 7 months away!" I'm not claiming any clairvoyance but, at the time, I don't think many people fully appreciated the nature of a highly infectious virus nor how long the magic bullet of a reliable vaccine would take to develop. 

We also cancelled our Moon TA for March next year because I cannot, in all conscience, leave the money in SS's coffers at such an uncertain time. 

How anyone can look at the next 6-12 months and state with anything other than wishful thinking and crossed fingers that cruising will resume in any meaningful way is an act of pure guesswork. 

I am likely going to cancel our TA in March although it pains me greatly to do so...

28 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Sounds like most of us are in a non cruising mode for most of 2021 then😲☹️

Yea Lois, we are standing down for 2021.  Our cruise on the Dawn in Sept 2021 was cancelled, so we will look forward to 2022 schedules to be released.  We usually cruise either late Spring or early Fall.  We would not be comfortable with so many of the restrictions that are being discussed at this time.  

I think the future will work out in a positive manner....I have faith in our research community to come up with a safe treatment.  My great sadness is for the cruise industry and the wonderful people who work so hard.  I hope they can hold on. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2020 at 11:57 AM, Randyk47 said:

Sure we kind of enjoy it because we can vary our breakfasts and lunches there from day to day but that’s an easy adjustment.

On Oceania is the Terrace Cafe which is kinda/sorta "buffet." The difference is that you ask the server to serve your plate in the amount that you want. And they also have an area where they cook to order certain things. And toast bread to order. And when I say "cooked to order" I'm talking about lobster tails, grilled shrimp and lamb chops. Sometimes sushi, good salad components, deli things, really you name it. We liked it so much we didn't go the their MDR-equivalent. Either the "buffet" or a specialty restaurant.

14 hours ago, clo said:

On Oceania is the Terrace Cafe which is kinda/sorta "buffet." The difference is that you ask the server to serve your plate in the amount that you want. And they also have an area where they cook to order certain things. And toast bread to order. And when I say "cooked to order" I'm talking about lobster tails, grilled shrimp and lamb chops. Sometimes sushi, good salad components, deli things, really you name it. We liked it so much we didn't go the their MDR-equivalent. Either the "buffet" or a specialty restaurant.

Agree above with the comments and follow-up by clo regarding their Terrace/buffet offering as done by Oceania.  In February and early March 2020, we did an 18-day sailing with Oceania from Auckland/NZ to French Polynesia.  Got it done and back home by March 7, just before everything got shut down by the Covid-19.   At lunch with their made to order Italian options and the evening offerings of lobster, shrimp, beef, lamb, etc., that could and did work well. That gave a nice mix of fairly fast, varied sections/choices, etc.  BUT, to have the staffing, it might require more people taking it to your table??  That could or does add to the staffing requirements??  Much to be determined as to how is "ALL" will be set-up, managed and done.  There are different ways to do buffets and offer varied customer options, if and if.  

From a trade publication connected below, they had this headline: “Royal Caribbean Cruise Line Hit with Shareholder Lawsuit Over Coronavirus” with these highlights: “A Palm Beach County, Florida city’s retirement plan is suing a cruise ship company for allegedly misleading it and other shareholders over the financial impact of the coronavirus on its business. The plaintiffs allege that the company was not upfront about how the virus was affecting its bookings and about how its safety protocols were working.  The class action suit, filed in federal district court in Miami, seeks to represent investors who purchased Royal Caribbean shares between February 4 and March 17, 2020.  The complaint alleges that in early February Royal Caribbean and its officers 'made false and/or misleading statements and failed to disclose material adverse facts about the Company’s decrease in bookings outside China, and its inadequate policies and procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on its ships.'   For example, in early February 2020, the company told investors that it was only experiencing a slowdown from bookings in China and that it was “[not] seeing a big impact on overall bookings [outside China].”  Royal Caribbean also assured the public that its safety protocols were 'aggressive' and would 'ultimately contain the virus,' the complaint states.  As a result of these misrepresentations, defendants caused Royal Caribbean stock to trade at artificially high prices, the suit claims.”

The tangles and questions continue as to what the cruise lines knew, did and where they  have responsibility.  Clearly, my guess, is that RCCL would argue in court in a different direction than what this law suit claims.  With Federal law suits, however, maybe, if and if, it will take at least two years until such a court case gets resolved.  Have the sense that more stockholder law suits will be filed.  

Full story at:

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2020/10/09/585988.htm

Kotor/Montenegro:  Exciting visual samples, tips, details, etc., for this scenic, historic location. Over 47,905 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439193

19 hours ago, crusinbanjo said:

Great a shareholder lawsuit.... The lawyers will get rich the shareholders will get little to nothing and the suit will speed up the likelihood of bankruptcy.  That is a really smart move.... Just saying.

Agree above with the sad but true comment and follow-up by the smart Mr. Banjo.  These types of law suits are long to evolve/finish and mainly about a few law firms shaking down targeted corporations.  In honesty, however, certain of these corporations in these have been get caught making certain serious mistakes.  Who pays how much to whom??!!  But, what does it really, ultimately accomplish?

From MSN News and the Miami Herald this morning, they had this headline: “Cruise CEOs, Vice President Mike Pence talk COVID-19 and cruises in restart effort with these highlights: “CEOs from the four largest cruise companies met via phone with Vice President Mike Pence Friday in an effort to get the industry operating again.  According to a White House readout of the call, the group discussed a published proposal that the companies say will allow cruises to resume safely in the U.S. Companies have not provided information about what kinds of tests will be used, who will pay for the tests, and when they will be required.   On the call were Carnival Corp. CEO Arnold Donald, Royal Caribbean Group CEO Richard Fain, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings CEO Frank Del Rio, MSC Cruises CEO Pierfrancesco Vago, and Disney Cruise Line President Thomas Mazloum, according to a readout from the White House. CDC Director Robert Redfield, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and former Utah governor Mike Leavitt, who is advising two of the companies, also joined.  According to the White House readout, the vice president’s coronavirus task force will review the proposals from the companies and from CLIA and provide a recommendation about next steps. Redfield and Azar said the federal government supports a safe restart of cruising, the readout said, 'but cautioned that the cruise industry would have to backstop their venture to resume operations.' ”

My reactions and question?  What does "backstop their venture" mean?  My strong guess/suggestion is that the CDC continues to have serious and important questions.  The cruise lines' spin and hopes will not be assumed as the perfect and/or ultimate plan.  As parts of the U.S. and world are seeing a "second wave" of Covid-19 cases and deaths, a quick, full re-start in December is doubtful.  Right or wrong?

Full story at:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/cruise-ceos-vice-president-mike-pence-talk-covid-19-and-cruises-in-restart-effort/ar-BB19SC7D

Dubrovnik!  Nice visual samples, tips, details, etc., for this super scenic location. Over 47,522 views.    

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

My reactions and question?  What does "backstop their venture" mean? 

My thoughts exactly when I saw the release on Apple News last night.  This is especially true in light of the recent language change in the contract of carriage.  For example, will this backstop just be pushed downhill and onto the unsuspecting consumer should they get stranded if another outbreak were to occur.

• Like 1