Cruise Refund

We applied Feb 16th and still waiting. We were advised yesterday that our "Approved refund" is still to be given to an "Account Executive" for payment. I wish I was religious so I could ask the guy upstairs when I will receive it because God Knows

4 hours ago, JJG99 said:

for one of our booked cruises on HAL that was due to have departed on 5th April. No mention of the HAL cruise refund for the previous cruise that was due to depart on 22nd March

So we just continue to wait. C'est la vie

We have not heard a bo peep out of HAL since they asked us about our refund for our 1st of May cruise.

They have not even tried to sell us another cruise unlike the other lines that regulary send us emails.

Though we did have our shore excusions refunded but no email was sent when this happened.

24 minutes ago, elizabethcruiser said:

Our cruise was cancelled in Febuary, got FCC and partial refund but still waiting for the flights to be refunded as was advised by princess currently at 142 days and counting.

Princess is probably trying to get your fare money, Princess Air? back from the airline(s.)  Most of them are strapped for cash.  Good luck anyway in your quest for refunds, nearly 5 months is not acceptable.

Edited by NSWP

We cancelled a cruise we had booked for our daughter next year on Azamara. We booked on board so we should have lost $25 of our $300 deposit. We received a FCC for $100. When we contacted them about the refund they said they had already paid $200 onto our credit card. We realised that it was an cancelled card so we managed to get the bank to transfer it to our bank. Now they are refunding the rest and it will still go back onto that same card. I will have to go bank into the bank and sort it out again. All of this happened about 3 weeks after we cancelled so we consider ourselves very lucky.

We have now received our refund for our HAL cruise.

All the money has been refunded to our credit card but just to let you know if you are waiting for a refund from HAL, do check your statement as we didn't receive an email from them and it was sitting there for some days before we noticed.:classic_ohmy:

One refund received via Princess for our cancelled Sapphire Princess June cruise..... only 3 more to come back.  So it took awhile....these aren't normal times...... for us it's a start and we are happy with that. 

1 hour ago, badgerbill said:

One refund received via Princess for our cancelled Sapphire Princess June cruise..... only 3 more to come back.  So it took awhile....these aren't normal times...... for us it's a start and we are happy with that. 

I just got mine too. For two cruises in June on Sapphire Princess. Full payment reimbursed and FCC (which I had used to pay for one cruise) back in my personaliser. Only problem is, the FCC has a deadline of February 2021, which seemed ok at the time but not so good now. Still, can't complain.

2 hours ago, nnps said:

I just got mine too. For two cruises in June on Sapphire Princess. Full payment reimbursed and FCC (which I had used to pay for one cruise) back in my personaliser. Only problem is, the FCC has a deadline of February 2021, which seemed ok at the time but not so good now. Still, can't complain.

We also have credit from a partly completed cruise in February that has to be used by February 2021. At the time it looked like a 12 month window but now I doubt there will be a window at all. I will be taking it up with Princess and trying to get the February 2021 deadline extended till at least the end of that year or even further.

Its taken its time as I cancelled when they first started cancelling cruises in April for our May 11th cruise.

But just got this from our Australian TA

"We are happy to report that your refund is in queue and should appear in your account within the next four weeks."

Not sure if the delay has been with Celebrity or the TA.

Still waiting for the refund of the shore excursions I cancel early May.

3 hours ago, peter1956 said:

Its taken its time as I cancelled when they first started cancelling cruises in April for our May 11th cruise.

But just got this from our Australian TA

"We are happy to report that your refund is in queue and should appear in your account within the next four weeks."

Not sure if the delay has been with Celebrity or the TA.

Still waiting for the refund of the shore excursions I cancel early May.

Edit. Got the shore refund back in May.

I have been told by Cunard that my 3 cruise refunds have been processed - and now my TA (the 1st One!) has told me that they have received the funds and asked me for my Bank details - but all this means nothing until I actually receive them. I am convinced (after some communications with the TA) that they are treating these refunds as though they were "normal" cancellations - ie cancellations requested by passengers. Plus of course the " We are very busy, you know!!"   I will know when I do receive the refund - I am expecting a cancellation fee per person per cruise!!!!!  Might have to go to the media about that if it happens- it was the trick that "Flights" TA were pulling until the media embarrassed them to change their policy. 

TAs in your area must be different than here in NZ. With our borders closed they have nothing to do such that they are raising a petition seeking govt support to enable staff to be retained.

8 hours ago, bazzaw said:

I have been told by Cunard that my 3 cruise refunds have been processed - and now my TA (the 1st One!) has told me that they have received the funds and asked me for my Bank details - but all this means nothing until I actually receive them. I am convinced (after some communications with the TA) that they are treating these refunds as though they were "normal" cancellations - ie cancellations requested by passengers. Plus of course the " We are very busy, you know!!"   I will know when I do receive the refund - I am expecting a cancellation fee per person per cruise!!!!!  Might have to go to the media about that if it happens- it was the trick that "Flights" TA were pulling until the media embarrassed them to change their policy. 

Hi Bazzaw

WE have refund from our QE 1st April cruise in our bank as of a week ago ... very relieved to actually get the cash back .. was  paid direct into bank by cunard

Good Luck

Regards

John

1 hour ago, VK3DQ said:

Hi Bazzaw

WE have refund from our QE 1st April cruise in our bank as of a week ago ... very relieved to actually get the cash back .. was  paid direct into bank by cunard

Good Luck

Regards

John

Did you book directly with Cunard? I have learned my lesson - will never book via a TA again!!!!!

3 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

Hi Bazzaw

Good Luck

Regards

John

Edited by VK3DQ

1 hour ago, bazzaw said:

Did you book directly with Cunard? I have learned my lesson - will never book via a TA again!!!!!

Hi  Bazzaw

Yes booked direct with Cunard ....

best regards

John

5 hours ago, bazzaw said:

I have never understood the advantages of booking through a TA rather than the company providing the travel.  Booking with the company providing the travel direct is so easy now with the internet.  Hope you get the full refund amounts due to you soon.  

Edited by MMDown Under

My son, aka Mr Chimu, as many of you know is in the travel industry, he often tells me.... 'People like you are the High Travel Agent's worst nightmare, booking all those cruises, hotels, flight, tours etc DIRECT with the supplier, yourself.'   

Like he means the TA's missing their commission cut.🤐 Which is anywhere between 5% and 15%,  But to me I book direct, not only saving money in most cases but for the flexibility, like on cruises, much easier to cancel, change cabins etc by booking direct with Princess.th.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

My son, aka Mr Chimu, as many of you know is in the travel industry, he often tells me.... 'People like you are the High Travel Agent's worst nightmare, booking all those cruises, hotels, flight, tours etc DIRECT with the supplier, yourself.'   

Like he means the TA's missing their commission cut.🤐 Which is anywhere between 5% and 15%,  But to me I book direct, not only saving money in most cases but for the flexibility, like on cruises, much easier to cancel, change cabins etc by booking direct with Princess.th.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg

I don't understand why TA's get commission of between 5 and 15% for something you can book yourself.  I prefer to be in charge of my own bookings.  The current refund debacle demonstrates why it is better for most people to book direct.