Azamara Pursuit Club World Owner's Suite - deck 6 or deck 7

suzyluvs2cruise

Deck 7 has suites above and below, so no noise from public areas.  You get to look down on the deck 6 verandas, for whatever that's worth.  Our deck 8 owner's suite on Pursuit was noisy from movement of chairs on the veranda section of the buffet.  This was not an issue on Quest or Journey as the chairs are different on Pursuit.  (Would be nice if that's been corrected with new chairs.)

• Like 2

We sailed in 6088 and it was wonderful.  Our only complaint was soot on the balcony, and I think that happens to all the aft-facing cabins.  If I had had a choice, I would have opted for 7119 because the view might be better from higher up [but I wouldn't take 8088 or 8091 because of the bar directly above them although I don't know that there is a noise problem, just my general rules for cabin selection – as I was writing this, @marinaro44 posted with actual experience]

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We are currently booked on Pursuit in CWO cabin 6088. Cabin 7119 is now available. Any advantage to moving up one deck? 

If I may interject, I am soooo happy to see a new thread started with a normal, aka future cruise related, question 😍

We can't wait to be sailing and to welcome you back onboard.

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

If I may interject, I am soooo happy to see a new thread started with a normal, aka future cruise related, question 😍

We can't wait to be sailing and to welcome you back onboard

Thanks for all the comments. Azamara is closed today so I'm hoping the 7119  will be available tomorrow when they open. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 3:10 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

Either deck 6 or 7 for me.  I actually prefer deck 6 because the balcony is a bit deeper and the largest if the CWs. 

Phil

I haven’t been in the large suites on deck 6, but have been in both of the aft cabins (now V plus) on 6 and 7 and they are a little deeper on 6. Also super convenient to Mosaic!

50 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I haven’t been in the large suites on deck 6, but have been in both of the aft cabins (now V plus) on 6 and 7 and they are a little deeper on 6. Also super convenient to Mosaic!

I'd say deck 7 is eight inches deeper than 8 and deck 6 is eight inches deeper than 7. It does make a difference as you can put the table fully under cover and the loungers too. 

Phil 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 11:34 AM, Mackdogmolly said:

We are contemplating Deck 6 AFT in the Veranda Plus category.  Was there noise from Deck 5 due to the restaurant being directly below?

1 hour ago, CDNNAVY said:

We are contemplating Deck 6 AFT in the Veranda Plus category.  Was there noise from Deck 5 due to the restaurant being directly below?

You won't hear a thing except if you are in the cabin when they hold the jazz brunch in the MDR and you'll hear the music a little. 

Phil 

2 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Sadly we won't get to experience the CWO Suite as our cruise was cancelled in the latest round of cancellations. 😧

Sorry to hear that, hope in the future when the time is right you get the opportunity to enjoy one of them

• Thanks 1

We were in a deck 6 CWO suite on a transatlantic 2 years ago on the Quest. VERY noticeable floor vibration from the props/engine. I assume the same would be true for the Pursuit and Journey. Would NEVER book a CWO suite on deck 6 again!

2 hours ago, gnld said:

We were in a deck 6 CWO suite on a transatlantic 2 years ago on the Quest. VERY noticeable floor vibration from the props/engine. I assume the same would be true for the Pursuit and Journey. Would NEVER book a CWO suite on deck 6 again!

The Captain must have really put the pedal to the metal on your cruise.  We heard nothing, from the engines or the restaurant below us in 6088 [in Costa Rica, where we didn't have very many miles to make each day].

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The Captain must have really put the pedal to the metal on your cruise.  We heard nothing, from the engines or the restaurant below us in 6088 [in Costa Rica, where we didn't have very many miles to make each day]

I agree, the vibrations are very relative to speed, on some port intensive cruises you will never notice them at all.

Edited by Bloodaxe

I've experienced the shaking a few times. Once was on the Suez cruise in Pirate waters when we kept the speed up and it vibrated a lot. Other times its been fine. Don't notice it all.  As said by others it's totally speed dependent if they have to use three engines. It didn't bother me and I'd stay on deck 6 again no issue. 

If you are at all worried about it and have a cruise beforehand, go and sit right at the very aft of the MDR under different speed scenarios to see if it's a problem. Everyone is different. 

Phil 

We just booked an aft on a TA with lots of sea days. I wonder if it will be necessary to go full speed. We have had this cabin before on a more port intensive cruise with no issues. Moving up a deck is not an option, unfortunately, at least not for an aft  cabin.

22 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

We just booked an aft on a TA with lots of sea days. I wonder if it will be necessary to go full speed. We have had this cabin before on a more port intensive cruise with no issues. Moving up a deck is not an option, unfortunately, at least not for an aft  cabin.

At normal cruising speed even on a Transatlantic crossing I have never found it an issue, the problem arises if they have to make up time for any reason.

54 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

At normal cruising speed even on a Transatlantic crossing I have never found it an issue, the problem arises if they have to make up time for any reason.

Thank you! That’s reassuring. A little vibration doesn’t really bother me, but the spouse is more sensitive.