Repatriation Plans Announced for Crew Members to get home

53 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The initial announcement said Harmony would be doing all that - is she no longer in the plan?

The other day Harmony was still supposed to be heading down there (but delayed) obviously that could have changed by now but that’s the last I heard. 

Freedom is supposedly heading to Barbados with European crew where flights are being arranged at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

AIS shows Majesty arriving Southampton on June 1.

Looks like Majesty is definelty coming across, not sure what’s happening with Empress yet but she is still booked into Southampton. Freedoms transatlantic I’m 99% sure has been cancelled, she’s heading to Barbados now instead

Philippine Airlines is operating their regular MNL - MIA (Manila - Miami ) flight today. They have been running the JFK flight daily. Unsure if these regular flights are at all being used for repatriation of crew. 

1 minute ago, MADflyer said:

Unsure if these regular flights are at all being used for repatriation of crew. 

By the time Anthem gets to Europe, her need to sail all the way to India may be overcome by events.

Empress is at place in Coco Cay to take on crew for the crossing. Majesty has sailed for Southampton. 

The Azamara Pursuit has departed for an interesting destination of Glasgow, Scottland. I do not think this is repatriation related. 

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

By the time Anthem gets to Europe, her need to sail all the way to India may be overcome by events.

With Infinity heading to St. Nazaire now and arriving on the 21st, she may now be meeting up with Anthem as well at Gibraltar on the 24th. I guess the St. Nazaire stop is to pick up Indian crew from the Celebrity Apex. 

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

Empress is at place in Coco Cay to take on crew for the crossing. Majesty has sailed for Southampton. 

The Azamara Pursuit has departed for an interesting destination of Glasgow, Scottland. I do not think this is repatriation related. 

We're booked on Azamara Pursuit to sail Jul 6 British Isles. I can't imagine how that cruise would sail with no flight into Dublin, and a closed hotel. Does anyone know if Ireland's plan to re-open has changed? what plans are for UK to include Scotland? I really thought this cruise would be cancelled.  

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

You may have a point there, P&O were planning on sending Ventura to India. Now they are having flights from the UK.

2 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Philippine Airlines is operating their regular MNL - MIA (Manila - Miami ) flight today. They have been running the JFK flight daily. Unsure if these regular flights are at all being used for repatriation of crew. 

I think it must be a charter???

42 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think it must be a charter???

It is odd, the flight number PR5 112 is normally used for their flight to LAX. This one is over Texas now arriving at 16:42 at MIA. 

Wamos flight PLM 370 just left MADrid and will arrive at MIAmi at 22:35 tonight for a charter flight out. 

Qatar, Ethiad and Gulf Air have all been flying with routes to Manila,  I noticed a Wamos flight to Doha yesterday and their are 2 Qatar flight from Manila arriving back at DOHA now that may be bringing crew out from Manila.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Why is Freedom going to Barbados with European crew, but Majesty and Empress are still sailing across to Southampton? Or do we think there might be *other* plans for these 2 ships? (E.g leaving the fleet? 😬)

Flights have been arranged from Barbados to London

Maybe Majesty and Empress will be moved on. I'm on Empress next October, so that might not happen

20 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Or do we think there might be *other* plans for these 2 ships? (E.g leaving the fleet? 😬)

Yes, this was mentioned when the plan to use her was announced 2 weeks ago. AIS finally shows Empress going to Southampton with a 6/5 arrival.

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, this was mentioned when the plan to use her was announced 2 weeks ago. AIS finally shows Empress going to Southampton with a 6/5 arrival.

That lines up with the Southampton arrivals. Presumably they are laying up there if nothing else

3 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Presumably they are laying up there if nothing else

I assume there are cheaper and less busy places to park a ship long term. Southampton is the destination because they can fly home from UK airports.

Edited by Biker19

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I assume there are cheaper and less busy places to park a ship long term.

Sorry, I don’t mean Southampton directly more Europe in general. Rotterdam seems a popular place at the moment, obviously just anchorage is another option. Most of the Marella, P&O & Cunard fleets are at anchorage close to Southampton 

Edited by Jack McGowan