Repatriation Plans Announced for Crew Members to get home

12 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

Are the crew from the UK/Europe able to fly home from ships in Asia, such as Quantum/Ovation/Voyager or are they stuck currently?

I assume that's why Spectrum pulled into Shanghai the other day while a Wamos plane was there. Also, planes from Manila probably can carry staff back to Europe.

11 hours ago, fdthird said:

Our friend from Ireland, who’s been stuck on the Liberty since cruising stopped, got home yesterday.  Our other friend from Manila, who had be stuck on the Oasis a d who now is on the LOS, hopes to make it home by the end on June!  Pray for them all. 

They are still trying to get all these employees home and it's June 1st. How do they ever think they can restart cruising August 1st?  How long will it take to bring them BACK onboard and ready to go? And not to mention getting all the cruise ships back to ports around the world???

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CapeGal said:

They are still trying to get all these employees home and it's June 1st. How do they ever think they can restart cruising August 1st?  How long will it take to bring them BACK onboard and ready to go? And not to mention getting all the cruise ships back to ports around the world???

I think people miss this point. I saw a video @Biker19 posted and the crew members said they were not being paid??? How many will want to come back?

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I saw a video @Biker19 posted and the crew members said they were not being paid??? How many will want to come back?

The ones that are not being paid are the ones that are not part of the core crew needed to run the ship - the Quantum 270 light technician is not being paid since there's no work for him. I'm pretty sure the cooks, marine staff and others needed to run the ship are being paid. Anyone brought back will be to be used to run the ship and I assume will be paid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

Majesty has made it to Southampton!  I think the first time she has been to England???

What's next for Majesty, straight to retirement of first to cold layup?

1 hour ago, CapeGal said:

This is another challenge, ok should cruising begin in August they will likely need to fully staff 2-3 ships which might be possible. However if numbers in countries such as India, Indonesia or Philipines remain high it will be an issue on how to bring crew members from such countries back onboard. Also, they would theoretically need to go into 14 quaranten etc.

Just now, LXA350 said:

However if numbers in countries such as India, Indonesia or Philipines remain high it will be an issue on how to bring crew members from such countries back onboard. 

IMO and CLIA already have some ideas on how to do it - it's a matter of governments, airlines and others to agree to them.

Wamos flew from Barbados to Bogata, Colombia and then on to Santiago, Chile yesterday with a return to Barbados. The aircraft is now landing at Mexico City from Barbados. 

Another Wamos A330 flight from Barbados is showing an unknown destination over Brazil and appears to be heading to Sao Paulo, Brazil. 

Wamos A330 arriving at Madrid soon from Barbados. The aircraft had an odd pattern the last few days flying to Bogata, Colombia, Santiago, Chile, Mexico City, Mexico and then to Cancun, Mexico, each time returning to Barbados before the flight headed back to Madrid. 

It seems they are about 2 weeks behind schedule for the South American and Mexican repatriations. 

Jewel is in anchorage now and likely soon joined by Majesty outside of Southampton. 

On 6/2/2020 at 3:24 AM, Biker19 said:

Anthem transited Suez Sunday on the way to Mumbai arriving next week. Ovation rounded Sri Lanka on her way to Mumbai this weekend. Eight RCCL ships around Barbados - BGI is a busy place.

I hope someone takes a photo of Anthem meeting Ovation. Ovation recently met Spectrum for first time.

After India, wondering where the sisters will go.

Ovation is not needed in Alaska and who knows about Australia and NZ for Nov 2021.

Maybe she will go thru canal to the med and Uk.

3 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

After India, wondering where the sisters will go.

Anthem requires a dry dock - maybe she'll go to Singapore for that (Quantum completed hers there) or return to Europe for a delayed one at her original location (in France).

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Anthem requires a dry dock - maybe she'll go to Singapore for that (Quantum completed hers there) or return to Europe for a delayed one at her original location (in France).

I am still curious where Ovation will so now that she is so far away from Alaska now.  I Caribbean opens first, then the Pacific ocean ships could be idle longer or become part of the Atlantic bunch.  I hope Ovation does NOT go back to China.

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I am still curious where Ovation will so now that she is so far away from Alaska now.  I Caribbean opens first, then the Pacific ocean ships could be idle longer or become part of the Atlantic bunch.  I hope Ovation does NOT go back to China.

Could be anywhere I suppose, presumably for layup as she’s got a good few months to wait for her cruises to resume yet. She could even follow Anthem into Europe (if anthem goes back to Europe), but I presume it will all be based on where they can get decent berthing rates for long stay 

3 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

Could be anywhere I suppose, presumably for layup as she’s got a good few months to wait for her cruises to resume yet. She could even follow Anthem into Europe (if anthem goes back to Europe), but I presume it will all be based on where they can get decent berthing rates for long stay 

nice chatting with ya.  I love both these ships and have sailed on them both and so really want a photo of them in India. Ovation has never met Anthem.

I could just cry of all this virus mess.  I just cancelled what would have been my 8th cruise this year and it was in Oct on the new Carnival Panorama to Mexico.  All I have left is perhaps Sky Princess in November in Caribbean.  Otherwise all is shot. But with folks losing lives and jobs, I will try to have a small pity party and shut up.

Interesting article about a crew member on NCL Epic and it is on Yahoo right now.

well toodles and hoping the sister ships get to hang out somewhere.

Wamos flight returned from Buenos Aires, Argentina via Montevideo, Uruguay back to Barbados and then on to San Pedro Sula, Honduras  and now returning to Barbados.  

Another Wamos flight has departed for London for the 2nd time this week. 

Another Philippine Airline 777 heading for Barbados from LAX now. 

It appears that Jewel and Empress will be in Southampton together tomorrow, with Empress staying a couple of days and Jewel departing at 22:00. 

Majesty docked at Dover today. She is scheduled back into Southampton on the 15th for 2 nights. Empress scheduled for Southampton for the 12th and again the 15th. 

Jewel on a slow journey to Gibraltar arriving on the 18th. 

Ovation has arrived to Mumbai. Anthem is just over 2 days out from Mumbai with Celebrity Infinity just a day behind.