Next round of suspensions

Jjg34219

So far I believe Carnival UK (Cunard & P&O) are the only brand to thus far extend their pause further then the rest in that they’ve closed until 31 July with one ship (Queen Elizabeth) suspended until 8 September. 

No way I can see Viking or any other line cruising by 01 July of this year.  

I just got off the phone with a Viking rep with regard to our Baltic Cruise starting 7/10.   So far July and August cruises are still not cancelled by the company.   Frankly, I can understand they’re wanting to wait till the last possible moment.    We are waiting for them to cancel so we can get either the 100% cash refund (our preference), or the 125% credit on a future cruise.   If we cancel before they do, we can only get a 100% on a future cruise and less than 100% cash refund ( but we’d let our insurance- Allianz deal with that.).    I don’t see how they can keep this cruise in play, considering the current varying policies of the different countries and ports of call in question.   So for now we’ll play the waiting game.

1 hour ago, beachcomberbill said:

I just got off the phone with a Viking rep with regard to our Baltic Cruise starting 7/10.   So far July and August cruises are still not cancelled by the company.   Frankly, I can understand they’re wanting to wait till the last possible moment.    We are waiting for them to cancel so we can get either the 100% cash refund (our preference), or the 125% credit on a future cruise.   If we cancel before they do, we can only get a 100% on a future cruise and less than 100% cash refund ( but we’d let our insurance- Allianz deal with that.).    I don’t see how they can keep this cruise in play, considering the current varying policies of the different countries and ports of call in question.   So for now we’ll play the waiting game.

Are you sure about this? We just cancelled our Oct river cruise and got a 100% cash refund minus a $200 penalty in the form of a FCV.

1 hour ago, clojacks said:

Are you sure about this? We just cancelled our Oct river cruise and got a 100% cash refund minus a $200 penalty in the form of a FCV.

As long as you cancel 120 or more days before embarkation, you get cash less $200 FCV. That's been the policy regardless of the Covid situation. There are less than 120 days before 7/10. The 100% FCV with less than 120 days is a Covid related policy.

Holland America today has canceled all North American including Canada, Trans Atlantic and European cruises for the rest of this year. Princess has also done the same. We cancelled our September Viking cruise  yesterday for a 100% cash refund with a $200 FCV that I doubt we will ever use. Now it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get our refund, VO said 21 days but people on their FB site are reporting much longer times.  I think the cruise industry will under go a large contraction of companies that do not survive this all. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

I live in NZ and saw an ad today for a Viking cruise Australia and New Zealand in November this year. They must be joking, there is no way that either of these two countries are going to let cruise ships into their ports in 2020. I can’t see the cruise industry getting up and running again until a vaccine is widely available which certainly won’t be this year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Holland America today has canceled all North American including Canada, Trans Atlantic and European cruises for the rest of this year. Princess has also done the same. We cancelled our September Viking cruise  yesterday for a 100% cash refund with a $200 FCV that I doubt we will ever use. Now it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get our refund, VO said 21 days but people on their FB site are reporting much longer times.  I think the cruise industry will under go a large contraction of companies that do not survive this all. 

We cancelled our Oct River Cruise on April 25th, and have received our whole cash refund in a combination of VISA refunds and echeck refunds early this week! It took less than 2 weeks.

I am very happy to report that we received our full refund in our bank account today from the cruise we cancelled on Tuesday. This a good sign on Viking's part of their viability going forward.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:24 AM, CCWineLover said:

Yes  - have been hearing that something will be on Viking TV this week.

I will pay attention to my email given that I expect some kind of notification of an address from Mr Hagen. Thanks for the heads-up!