"Will It Be Safe to Travel When This Is All Over? Will We Even Know?"

clo

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I guess so.Tomorrow I will google the newspaper.

All you have to do is click on the link I provided, buddy.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I would not think so since their school was closed.

But how should I know that the school was closed?

I didn't said that since they met in school every day the party was no extra risk. I said that if they met in school every day the party should mean no extra risk. I said that because I couldn't possible know if their school was closed or if the guests even went to the same school.

Just now, sverigecruiser said:

I didn't said that since they met in school every day the party was no extra risk. I said that if they met in school every day the party should mean no extra risk. I said that because I couldn't possible know if their school was closed or if the guests even went to the same school.

I guess we take it for granted that all the world should be aware that virtually all of the US closed schools quite a while ago due to the pandemic, and that EVERYONE has been asked to either stay at home and not socialize with others or take precautions such as wearing a mask and social distancing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

I guess we take it for granted that all the world should be aware that virtually all of the US closed schools quite a while ago due to the pandemic, and that EVERYONE has been asked to either stay at home and not socialize with others or take precautions such as wearing a mask and social distancing.

I'm not sure that every American know that that school was closed over two months ago.

20 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

I'm not sure that every American know that that school was closed over two months ago.

Most or all of our schools were closed also. There were a few Neanderthals .

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Okay,I still did not talk to Kapito.😀

Lenny, you have to remember that this is a discussion group, and sometimes people disagree. That does not mean it is personal, though I have to admit I sometimes forget that too. LOL

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, clo said:

All you have to do is click on the link I provided, buddy.

I did click on the link.Please do not call me buddy.Buddy is the name of a guy who killed a childhood friend of mine.

You can call me by my name:Len

Edited by lenquixote66

12 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

I stated that the Governor of California closed the schools in my initial reply to you.

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Lenny, you have to remember that this is a discussion group, and sometimes people disagree. That does not mean it is personal, though I have to admit I sometimes forget that too. LOL

Have a good day and stay safe 

56 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I stated that the Governor of California closed the schools in my initial reply to you.

But that was after I said that they might see each other in school every day. After you had told me that the schools were closed I have agreed that it was ignorant to have the party.

I didn't knew that California closed their schools before Italy until you told me that.

4 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

But that was after I said that they might see each other in school every day. After you had told me that the schools were closed I have agreed that it was ignorant to have the party.

I didn't knew that California closed their schools before Italy until you told me that.

Sometimes it is easy to forget that not everyone in here lives in the USA. It would have been common knowledge to anyone in the USA. So you and Lenny should just let this go.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Sometimes it is easy to forget that not everyone in here lives in the USA. It would have been common knowledge to anyone in the USA. So you and Lenny should just let this go.

That is fine with me but she or he kept on saying essentially the same thing so I was trying to clarify.

34 minutes ago, ldubs said:

when this (CV) is all over,

lbdubs, do you really think it will be all over? I'd love that but nothing that I've read leads me to think that.

12 hours ago, ontheweb said:

The schools in Italy closed March 5 and that was very big news here. Noone said then that the schools in California were already closed so here it was not common knowledge.

I thought that it should be enough to write IF they met in school the party shouldn't be any extra risk but obviously that wasn't enough so I should have researched more first.

8 hours ago, clo said:

lbdubs, do you really think it will be all over? I'd love that but nothing that I've read leads me to think that.

Personally, I believe it will be "over" the way the flu is "over" --- it's still there, but with vaccination, some herd immunity, and good testing, it will become a normal part of our environment.  Then we will be able to better protect ourselves and assess our risks. 

5 hours ago, calliopecruiser said:

Personally, I believe it will be "over" the way the flu is "over" --- it's still there, but with vaccination, some herd immunity, and good testing, it will become a normal part of our environment.  Then we will be able to better protect ourselves and assess our risks. 

If all those things ever happen, then yeah. A few years down the road. Hopefully. 

21 hours ago, clo said:

Of course it will.  Will it be 100% eradicated?  Probably not.  Even the bubonic plague is still around today, but we don’t hide in fear from it because it is managed and treatable.  Sadly I don't think we are going to get things back to normal without more fatalities.  When things open up I will continue to exercise care because I am in the high risk category.  I expect it will be a while before things get back to normal, at least for those of us who need to be cautious.  What I don’t think we can accept is for the entire population to hide in caves until the risk is zero.  

Stay safe.      

• Like 1

13 hours ago, calliopecruiser said:

Well said.  Thanks! 

16 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

The schools in Italy closed March 5 and that was very big news here. Noone said then that the schools in California were already closed so here it was not common knowledge.

I thought that it should be enough to write IF they met in school the party shouldn't be any extra risk but obviously that wasn't enough so I should have researched more first.

Related to you guy's discussion of school closures -- Our quarantine orders had special rules for pre-schools/day care facilities, which were allowed to remain open.  Basically groups of 11 or 12 children max (I think) and the groups had to stay the same.  In other words a child had to stay only with the same group of other children every day. .  I guess that is a pretty decent way to handle things with day care.   

34 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Stay safe.      

Thanks. I just get so annoyed that some people act like 'oh, yeah, I'd cruise tomorrow regardless of the risk.'

5 minutes ago, clo said:

Thanks. I just get so annoyed that some people act like 'oh, yeah, I'd cruise tomorrow regardless of the risk.'

People just want to get back to what they enjoy.   When cruises open up again, it is their choice and good for them if that is what they want to do.  

4 minutes ago, ldubs said:

good for them if that is what they want to do.  

And good for those of us who don't want to try to travel safely with those people PS: You're helping me with this process and I thank you