Would you cruise if only ports were private islands?

George C

1 hour ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

Maybe if you weren’t always so focused on arguing with everyone, you’d be able to understand what’s actually being said. You’re the only one who can’t seem to understand that things like bottled water are not free. The only difference is when you pay for them. 

Do you realize that you are objecting to a post that clearly referred to the fact that: 

“... some lines include things in the fare that others don’t.”  

If it is clearly acknowledged that something is included in the fare, it is obviously not thought of as free.

You really should pay attention to (and try to understand) what someone says before rushing to (foolishly) attack it.

I'm baffled people don't seem to understand that some lines include things in the fare that others don't. Like water.

Yes, niche cruise lines like for example Oceania include bottled water in the fare but Oceania is not a mainstream cruise line. They also charge substantially higher fares than mainstream cruise lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

8 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

You really should pay attention to (and try to understand) what someone says before rushing to (foolishly) attack it.

I consider the source....

10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Yes, niche cruise lines like for example Oceania include bottled water in the fare but Oceania is not a mainstream cruise line. They also charge substantially higher fares than mainstream cruise lines.

Which makes sense - while you might not always get everything you pay for, you can be sure that you will hardly ever get anything you do not pay for.  One of the reasons why people are willing to pay Oceania’s higher fare is that you get a lot more for it than you get for the low fare on mainstream lines — where people often wind up paying quite a lot for things like bottled water, and alternative dining because they find the second rate food and poor service (which was included in their fare) to be unsatisfactory.  At the end of the day the total cost can be very close - getting a bargain fare and then paying little extras can wind up costing about the same as paying for quality up front.

Edited by navybankerteacher
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Do you realize that you are objecting to a post that clearly referred to the fact that: 

“... some lines include things in the fare that others don’t.”  

If it is clearly acknowledged that something is included in the fare, it is obviously not thought of as free.

Oh, that’s cute how you stand up for your other screen name. So adorable. Seriously, I just want to pinch  your cheeks. 😆

Edited by Cruzaholic41
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

But you get baby lobster tails cooked to order! Every day!     😄😄😄

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

Oh, that’s cute how you stand up for your other screen name. So adorable. Seriously, I just want to pinch  your cheeks. 😆

LOL. Don't I wish! HAHAHAHAHA!  This really cracks me up. Sleep tight.

5 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Ha!  Be careful. You’ll convince her to post those same old pictures again for the 100th time. 😜

Edited by Cruzaholic41
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

You mean like this???? Bob actually got tired of it...for about two nights 🙂

IMG_7074 - Edited (1).jpg

Just now, Cruzaholic41 said:

Ha!  Be careful. You’ll convince her to post those same old pictures again or the 100th time. 😜

Oh, goodness, glad I didn't see this. But I'm sure it's not been more than 95 times. Bless you heart, sweetie.

1 minute ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

Ha!  Be careful. You’ll convince her to post those same old pictures again or the 100th time. 😜

Yes.  And they are cooked to order too!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

Oh no.  Does that mean he is a . . .  CLOne?   (sorry, I couldn't resist).  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ldubs said:

Oh no.  Does that mean he is a . . .  CLOne?   (sorry, I couldn't resist).  😄

Well, he's a she and is in HER 70's. What about you, kiddo?

3 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I'm already in too much trouble.  😁

Not with me 🙂 I've always been fond of the expression "lie down with dogs, get up with fleas"

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Some mainstream cruiselines does include for example bottled water and Champagne. For example Yacht Club experience on MSC.

It's still not free but included in the fare. I shouldn't book the Yacht Club if I didn't drank alcohol because I shouldn't like to pay for other peoples drinks.

Edited by sverigecruiser

I only book suites for the service, separate dining, balcony with 'room to dance', do not drink the included alcohol, pay for the bottled water on RCL and NCL, love included bottled water on MSC plus included wifi since May. Do not eat shellfish and do not get my 'moneys' worth' from included spa and other included amenities of the 'suite life' , but still enjoy  "la dulce vida" of cruising away from the hoi polloi.

P.S. So drink up ! The drinks and lobster are on me !

Edited by rattanchair
P.S.

On 5/10/2020 at 2:12 AM, sverigecruiser said:

Some mainstream cruiselines does include for example bottled water and Champagne. For example Yacht Club experience on MSC.

It's still not free but included in the fare. I shouldn't book the Yacht Club if I didn't drank alcohol because I shouldn't like to pay for other peoples drinks.

The thing I loved about yacht club was the space , the lounge area was huge tables had plenty of space between them and service was excellent, I was pleasantly surprised at the entertainment in there lounge which was from about 5 to 11 either a piano player, guitar or classical duo . Also loads of space in pool area . 

17 minutes ago, George C said:

The thing I loved about yacht club was the space , the lounge area was huge tables had plenty of space between them and service was excellent, I was pleasantly surprised at the entertainment in there lounge which was from about 5 to 11 either a piano player, guitar or classical duo . Also loads of space in pool area . 

I agree with you. I have been in NCLs Haven a few times and the Yacht Club is so much better.

6 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

I agree with you. I have been in NCLs Haven a few times and the Yacht Club is so much better.

I definitely prefer yacht club over rccl suite perks, lounge is better on yacht club but prefer celebrity suite dinning room over YC. Also price is still a bargain on YC

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 11:59 AM, Charles4515 said:

In olden times, probably as little as ten years ago, LOL, even on mainstream cruise lines you didn’t have to ask for mixed nuts. You sat down in a lounge and if you ordered a drink they would bring mixed nuts or some other snack. Then it stopped happening. On Oceania which I call a boutique line, last year they brought over mixed nuts in the lounge

On Princess as recently as 2017 they had a communal jar (reminded me of Good Seasons Italian cruets) of mixed nuts in a lounge.  I'm not a germaphobe but that made even me shudder.

Carnival as recently as 2018 was serving pigeon peas and plantain chips complimentary at Red Frog Pub.

On 5/8/2020 at 6:30 PM, clo said:

Not at all. I think it's just plain chintzy of the cruise line that they charge for non-alcoholic beverages.

On 5/9/2020 at 6:50 PM, clo said:

I'm baffled people don't seem to understand that some lines include things in the fare that others don't. Like water.

I think most people understand that higher cruise fares will include more for the cost - like bottled water.  I am unaware of any line that charges for tap water.

There is a difference between non-alcoholic beverages too.  While I have come to expect tea, coffee, etc to be included I also generally expect soft drinks, fresh squeezed juice, and mocktails or other specialty drinks to have an added charge. 

I don't find it chintzy for a $100/day vacation to not include as much as a $200/day.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

I think most people understand that higher cruise fares will include more for the cost - like bottled water. 

What about RCL and NCL charging $237 and $168 for bottled water and we were paying $500/person/day. I would use the word "chintzy" .

• Like 1