Has anyone received Credit Card Refunds for March Cruises?

trrn2016

I just talked with Princess and was told 60-90 days for refunds.   They said they are refunding from the date of the cruise. I asked what date are they working on. The Customer Service Rep stated they are on April cruises. How many people are still waiting on March refunds?  So tired of the changes and no refunds!

Edited by trrn2016
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, trrn2016 said:

I just talked with Princess and was told 60-90 days for refunds.   They said they are refunding from the date of the cruise. I asked what date are they working on. The Customer Service Rep stated they are on April cruises. How many people are still waiting on March refunds?  So tired of the changes and no refunds!

scroll down … and read the multiple threads, and a thousand posts already on this topic ...

• Like 2

We chose option 2 for our 19th March Buenos Aires to Fort Lauderdale cruise.

No FCC and no refund!

We were initially told 30 days, then it became 60 days..who knows when or even if we'll receive anything?

Very disappointed.

Not sure what a credit card 'charge back' is, or even if they can be made in UK but might need to look into it!

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

scroll down … and read the multiple threads, and a thousand posts already on this topic ...

Agree.  YES, FOR TAXES, FEES, EXCURSIONS, & PRE PAID PURCHASES. received at end of March

Not sure why it matters if anyone else received their refund. There is no consistency in this refund process.

Edited by dog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I wonder where those of us who were put off ships with cruises in progress fit into this. I have called and no once has a actual answer for me.  I have had no communication from Princess other than the initial customer relations automated response.  No FCC, No check or credit card refund, No travel reimbursement, No refundable OBC refund. Nothing here, I suspect it will be many months if at all.

1 hour ago, dog said:

Agree.  YES, FOR TAXES, FEES, EXCURSIONS, & PRE PAID PURCHASES. received at end of March

Not sure why it matters if anyone else received their refund. There is no consistency in this refund process.

Actually there is. Those with cruises before March 14th or so have been refunded and those on Sapphire and Diamond have been refunded. Those after, don't seem to have been refunded.

I have only seen 1 who was cancelled as part of "the pause" that has received a refund.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Actually there is. Those with cruises before March 14th or so have been refunded and those on Sapphire and Diamond have been refunded. Those after, don't seem to have been refunded.

I have only seen 1 who was cancelled as part of "the pause" that has received a refund.

I have been told by 6 of my friends who had their cruises cancelled by Princess March 12th, that they have received Option #2 refunds to credit cards and FCC. They do not post on cc. Cruise dates: March for 4 & April for 2.

If you are only looking at cruise critic you are right.

Edited by dog

18 minutes ago, dog said:

I have been told by 6 of my friends who had their cruises cancelled by Princess March 12th, that they have received Option #2 refunds to credit cards and FCC. They do not post on cc. Cruise dates: March for 4 & April for 2.

If you are only looking at cruise critic you are right.

Odd......all my friends and my family who chose Option #2 on different cruises cancelled by Princess on March 12, 2020 have not received any full fare refunds to their respective credit cards....and wouldn't your friends already have been on the March 4th, 2020 cruise since Princess sent out the cancellation notice on March 12th, 2020 stating cancelations and refund offers of Option #1 and Option #2?

4 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Odd......all my friends and my family who chose Option #2 on different cruises cancelled by Princess on March 12, 2020 have not received any full fare refunds to their respective credit cards....and wouldn't your friends already have been on the March 4th, 2020 cruise since Princess sent out the cancellation notice on March 12th, 2020 stating cancelations and refund offers of Option #1 and Option #2?

Not March 4 th cruise. 4 friends Had cruise late March. Other 2 friends had mid April cruise. 

listen believe what you want.  I am really sorry so many have not received their refunds. 

Edited by dog

11 hours ago, Coral said:

We were supposed to be on the Feb 13 Sapphire that was cancelled. No refund yet.

• Thanks 1

Refunds seem to be all over the place, we got ours for February cruise, some people have got theirs for April cruises, I guess it depends on who has been handed the work, if they are princess are working from home, that they are doing their job or not, surely they have targets they have to meet so people start getting their refunds.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

Refunds seem to be all over the place, we got ours for February cruise, some people have got theirs for April cruises, I guess it depends on who has been handed the work, if they are princess are working from home, that they are doing their job or not, surely they have targets they have to meet so people start getting their refunds.  

Thanks for posting. Happy for you!

3 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Based on my anecdotal observations of thousands of posts on this issue (as well actual personal experience), the following is what I have deduced (some more strongly than others):

-virtually no one (I honestly don't even think one actual post) that had a sail date between 3/12-5/11 and canceled per Princess original instructions and selected Option 2 has actually gotten a cash refund on their cruise fares (or apparently incidentals though that is a bit more murky)

-for those that canceled incidentals (prepaid grats, excursions, wifi, etc.) separately from the Princess process around that date or before, some of those seem to have been refunded

-for some of the cruisers that were on cruises before 3/12 or got canceled prior to 3/12, some of those folks seem to have gotten cash refunds back

-for some cruisers who canceled cruises prior to the mass cancellation on 3/12, for cruises in the future (whether between 3/12-5/11 or later), some of those folks seem to have gotten their refunds back

Mind you, when I say "some", the evidence of those refunds seem to suggest that it was a small portion but not sure.  But to reiterate, it seems clear that no one in that mass cancellation group with a sale date of 3/12-5/11 has gotten an actual cash refund (outside of incidentals they may have cancelled of their own volition).  If they have, I have yet to see ONE post actually spell out getting a cash refund.

I agree with your conclusions and obviously we are all being manipulated by Princess into believing we are actually going to get money back....fool me once!!

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 4:21 PM, voljeep said:

I have tried to be helpful in sharing my situation. But have decided my posts are not helpful. 

Hi

Princess cancelled our Far East cruise 11th February 2020 on Sapphire Princess we were due to sale 1st March from Singapore for 21 nights we are still waiting for our full refund. We booked through T/A who has just told me to be patient .

On 5/5/2020 at 8:34 PM, PrincessLuver said:

Well, you might like to take a look at the refund thread that is 72 pages long. A member posted a while ago  page #41 & again page #71 detailing their refund. Use the search function.

On 5/5/2020 at 1:21 PM, voljeep said:

Those threads that are 50 pages long become so cumbersome.  This is more updated info!  What else do we all have to do anyway??  hahaha 😉