Refund Roll Call

JPH814

44 minutes ago, tv24 said:

To JP & all you lovely supportive people:  Finally some good news for us...and some money!  Yesterday, July 18, we received the full refunds that we expected.  This includes the refund for our March 28 cancelled cruise.  This refund was received 125 days after we requested it on March 15.  We also received refunded deposits for our fall cruises that were cancelled.  These refunds were received 79 days after we requested them on May 7.  So now we have finally settled up.

Still not ready to schedule anything for the future, given the pandemic.

Thanks to everyone for your support, especially Mauzac and Paulchili.

tv24 - you are most welcome.

Glad that your "nightmare" has ended.

FINALLY! Refunds for the two cruises cancelled by Seabourn on May 6 were spread over multiple credit cards [beats me why], but as of this morning, all deposits have been refunded. So, about 80 days to be made whole.

Seabourn still owes me about $9000 in extra expenses incurred as a result of the Australia debacle, but I am hopeful that will show up soon, although on which credit card I cannot predict.

There is a not insignificant future cruise credit they are still trying to figure out, but eventually that should be posted to my account.

I am looking at booking a Seabourn cruise for July/August 2021, and am willing to risk the reduced deposit required during the current sale and hope for the best. 

Thank you all for sharing in this very helpful thread started by JPH814, who really went above and beyond to develop a supportive community around this issue.

Linda

• Like 1

WSH - sounds like you and I have been in the same SB boat - i know bad joke- 

We have been refunded for all of our cruises that we requested - 4 in total.  We are now short 602.90 on flight ease, taxes, port fees. Clearly a lot of work for all involved.  

My understanding is that they made the refunds via the credit card the payment was initially made on.  We would do the payments a little randomly - which card had the best float, rewards or low ballance so ours looked a little random as well.

I am waiting for the web site to show our official FCC to make the final push to be made whole.  One issue that we had was that as the cancellations FCC was applied to a 2021 cruise as a "special discount" which was confusing but once we can review all of the FCC in a table I think we will be fine.  We are looking forward to our Mar 2021 cruise Sydney to Cape Town - just hope it goes. I dont think we will owe much due to our FCC when the final bill come due.  Hope we have all of the FCCs cleaned up by Nov.

I will say that with our flights via SB flight ease the refunds were easy - all bit a little late - so may use that method for flights again.

1 hour ago, whystayhome said:

So, about 80 days to be made whole.

Seabourn still owes me about $9000 in extra expenses incurred as a result of the Australia debacle,

I would hardly call that "made whole" missing $9000. 

Is that for air deviation expenses?

I was referring to the cruises that were cancelled.  So far, we have been "made whole" on the future cruise deposits as well as the prebooked excursions on one of the future cruises, and for the 6 days we missed on board and the excursions we missed as a result of the abrupt termination of the cruise in Adelaide instead of Sydney ~a week later.

Seabourn recently sent me an email accepting the amount they should reimburse us for the increased cost of business class tickets back to the US booked at the last minute [less the refund we got from Etihad for the return portion of our ticket], a flight to Melbourne from Adelaide, hotels in Adelaide and Melbourne, food, and Ubers.

We also tried to get reimbursed by our travel insurance for the costs associated with trip interruption, figuring Seabourn would never come through, but have been turned down once.  My state's insurance commissioner has gotten involved and told me that we should expect the cruise line and the insurance company to point fingers at one another in a dance that could last forever. So, it was a pleasant surprise to hear from Seabourn suggesting they would reimburse us.

We shall see.

The thing that is driving me nuts is that random amounts have been posted to three different credit cards, so it has been a little complicated to track the refunds. One refund on Amex had the explanation that it was for a week on board in July 2021 - I can't figure that one out.

As far as the future cruise credit is concerned, I am getting tired of chasing that down, as the amount varies significantly depending on which agent answers the phone.  We had a similar situation with the reimbursement for the missed days; the first agent quoted us a figure nearly equal to the entire cruise cost and we were elated.  A month or so later, the bubble burst.

The issue now is when we will be able to cruise again.

Linda

• Thanks 1

Recently received my cruise deposit refund from Seabourn for the October 20th cruise on Quest.  That was right around 60 days from my initial request.  Both Seabourn and Cunard have now honored a reasonable period of time for refunds to me.  I am still waiting for MSC and Ponant to provide refunds that were requested long before 90 days!!!

1 hour ago, Big Timber said:

Recently received my cruise deposit refund from Seabourn for the October 20th cruise on Quest.  That was right around 60 days from my initial request.  Both Seabourn and Cunard have now honored a reasonable period of time for refunds to me...

Another data point:  I requested a refund of one of my FCDs at the end of June and was told it'll take 60 days.  In reality, the refund posted to my credit card account merely 2 days after my request.

Cruise date 17April 2020                                                                                                                                                                                            Cancelled By Seabourn  9March 2020                                                                                                                                                                   100% refund to Visa card 21 May 2020                                                                                                                                                              Looks like I  got very lucky.                                                                                                                                                                                 

Remind me never to call Seabourn on the weekend! The representative I spoke to was, to be charitable, rather crabby.  She said she could not give me any information about the $9000 reimbursement for additional costs associated with flight changes, hotels, etc. that is in the wind.  I had received an email 2 weeks ago from Seabourn Guest Relations asking if we wanted cash or FCC, and I immediately sent back an email specifying cash and got a form email response back, so I was curious about whether my preference had been recorded.

I told her I was looking to book something else and wanted to make sure the FCC issue was settled, as at one point I was told that I had a $3,000 credit on my account and at another point I was told that was being reviewed. She said that because we elected a CASH refund for the days we had missed when we were forced to disembark in Adelaide as opposed to Sydney because of the virus, the 50% FCC credit we were promised in addition to the cash refund [as opposed to taking the whole refund of 175% in FCC] had been cancelled and we were out of luck. 

I asked about speaking to a supervisor, but was told that isn't possible on a weekend. She also told me not to bother calling Monday because that's their busiest day and I would never get to talk to a supervisor if I did. She also told me there is no way to call guest relations directly.

I will try calling Tuesday, but if that doesn't work, I'll try to get my travel agent on it.

I am getting annoyed.

Just to let folks know that I signed on to my Seabourn account and it was a new web page design. It had a section for FCC so yea I can finish up my work and get all of this settled

Sadly the FCC page would not open Mac via Chrome but would open with Firefox.

However it did not show my already booked cruise nor my FCC - 

If it works different on a PC can someone give it try and let me know or maybe this section still has growing pains.  I think that it is a great addition to our Seabourn Club account information - now if it would only work better. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, klkaylor78 said:

Just to let folks know that I signed on to my Seabourn account and it was a new web page design. It had a section for FCC so yea I can finish up my work and get all of this settled

If it works different on a PC can someone give it try and let me know or maybe this section still has growing pains.  I think that it is a great addition to our Seabourn Club account information - now if it would only work better. 

Interesting - have not been on CC for two or three weeks and logged in today to see how the refunds were going.  We are waiting on a FCC - and have been since March.  Word through our TA was the credit was "done" and would post to our account in a few days.  That was a month ago.  

Based on klkaylor78's post above (THANKS!!), logged onto my account on Seabourn.com and low and behold my FCC is shown in the new Future Cruise Credit section.  How about that!  (by the way, I accessed the website through my MacBook Air with Safari v13.x)  But, logging into my spouses's account - and few who have been following this thread will be surprised by this - nothing showed up under the Future Cruise Credit section.  Confirmation of one half of our FCC is at least progress!!  

If any other FCC "watchers" are able to look at this section on your Seabourn account, I have a question for you.  In this Future Cruise section there are five columns - ID, AMOUNT, BOOK BY, SAIL BY and STATUS.  On my account four of these have understandable values with the exception being "SAIL BY" which shows "NA".  Wonder if anyone else has that?  Are they really saying as long as the credit is used by the "BOOK BY" date, the credit can be used for any available booking - at least to the end of currently published cruises?  Also, there is a hyperlink for "Terms and Conditions" but nothing happens when it was clicked?  Would be nice to read those pesky T's and C's - you never know what surprises might be lurking within them.

Thanks klkaylor78 for the information about the FCC section of My Account.  Could not find it on my iPad, so trooped on over to the desk top and had no problem seeing it.  BUT...the amount listed was clearly incorrect. Tried to check my husband's account and was told his account didn't exist. I really want them to get their act together so I can use a "free" week and all the FCC we are due to book next summer's cruise around Norway.

One step forward, two steps back...

Linda

11 hours ago, klkaylor78 said:

That is progress, but not showing up for me in the UK. 😒

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Thecat123 said:

Just had a quick look at ours and the FCCs are there but I wonder why there is a difference of A$804 between wifes and mine? We were both put off at Adelaide at the same time

Looking again there are two different numbers which I thought were our membership numbers but they arent I wonder if what I was seeing was just my FCCs?

It will come clear oneday as we cant go anywhere for awhile 

• 3 weeks later...

If you're including new cancellations -

Cruise 14th October 2020
Cancelled by Seabourn 10th August 2020 (four days before final payment date, fortunately!)

Refund of deposit requested from Seabourn UK 12th August 2020

Update to our case:

Cruise Sail Date: 15 March 2020

Cancelled by Seabourn: 14 March 2020

Refund requested via TA: 20 March 2020

Refund received via TA: 12 August 2020 (145 days after refund was requested)

In other words: If you are waiting less than 145 days, do you not worry, just be patient. 🙂

On 17 June 2020 Seabourn confirmed that they would also reimburse us for additional cost incurred (i.e. flight from Barbados back to Switzerland), but that it would take up to 12 weeks until the payment would be processed, that would bring us to early/mid September 2020.

Edited by ramses51

On 8/12/2020 at 12:53 AM, ramses51 said:

Update to our case:

Cruise Sail Date: 15 March 2020

Cancelled by Seabourn: 14 March 2020

Refund requested via TA: 20 March 2020

Refund received via TA: 12 August 2020 (145 days after refund was requested)

In other words: If you are waiting less than 145 days, do you not worry, just be patient. 🙂

On 17 June 2020 Seabourn confirmed that they would also reimburse us for additional cost incurred (i.e. flight from Barbados back to Switzerland), but that it would take up to 12 weeks until the payment would be processed, that would bring us to early/mid September 2020.

145 days!  That may set a record.  NOT luxury cruising.

4 hours ago, tv24 said:

145 days!  That may set a record.  NOT luxury cruising.

Well, given the present travel restrictions they must have brought the money to Europe in a row boat. 🙂

Just to clarify: Our TA took 24 hrs to pass the refund to our account once received from Seabourn. 

Next time we book with Seabourn we will take 145 days past due date to give them our money. Take it or leave it. 

• 2 weeks later...