Jump to content

Refund Roll Call


JPH814
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, twinklles said:

Haven't heard anything about Crystal, but I may be testing Crystal in July when my final payment is due for an October cruise.

 

Crystal has a great product but, in our experience, they have been less responsive than Seabourn during recent covid cancellations.  Here are our data points:

 

Yesterday we passed the 90 day mark waiting for a refund of air fees on a cruise that Crystal cancelled.  We're also at day 68 waiting for refunds on two Crystal Open Booking Deposits that we cancelled.  We've received no communication from Crystal, except tardy responses to emails initiated by us.  By contrast, we cancelled two Future Cruise Deposits with Seabourn and were refunded in a little over 30 days.  The grass isn't always greener on the other side! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, twinklles said:

 

You make a good point in your first sentence, and friends have had horrible experiences on Silversea.  But other friends who were on Regent were promptly refunded.  Haven't heard anything about Crystal, but I may be testing Crystal in July when my final payment is due for an October cruise.  I will not ignore your insulting sarcasm, but I will not try to respond substantively, because I do not understand your point, other than you are just a nasty....

Never boarded Seabourn, had a 90 day fight to get moneys back on a cruise that was altered 100% on 21 Feb (a month before departure)  then cancelled...

 

It took Amex recharge to get $$ back, no communication from SB to me or agent.

 

So to 'alter my business',  I realise I should not have moved from Crystal or Oceania,  both of whom ARE available to call, and give honest answers to refund, cruise and future cruise matters. 

 

Sorry, but I wont be bothering to consider SB in future. CCL is a very big corporation. Even if SB is tiny part, the poor communication, even compared to others in CCL Group is not on.

 

My dollar goes elsewhere. Meantime I wish all others here every success in redeeming THEIR funds which are being held DESPITE no product, service or courtesy being given in return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, zimflyer said:

It took Amex recharge to get $$ back, no communication from SB to me or agent.

Did AMEX issue a preliminary refund pending Seabourn's response to the dispute, or is your money fully and forever refunded by AMEX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

May I respectfully draw your attention to the OP's very first statement when he started this very useful thread:

 

"There have been a couple of threads with discussions about cancelled cruises and refunds and ideas to challenge Seabourn to get your money back


That is not what I am suggesting here.

 

i would like a simple thread: please post the date of your cruise, the date you cancelled your cruise ( or excursions or both). And then, when (and if) you get your refund, please post the date you received the credit. "

 

Please don't let it get bogged down in discussions about other cruiselines and general complaints - there are other avenues for those discussions on this board and I'm sure most people - as I do - come here to find out the latest on refunds

 

Thanks

Edited by Bobal
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, notjaded said:

Did AMEX issue a preliminary refund pending Seabourn's response to the dispute, or is your money fully and forever refunded by AMEX

I disputed with Amex, immediately the disputed full payment for cruise was credited by Amex to my account, "pending response within 60 days from biller" - after about 20 days, it showed as no longer pending on April 30 but also closed and monies rem as in on my Amex account.

 

Our agent was then called and asked to verify what has occurred re cruise and air/travel credits. Agent confirmed cruise was 'refunded' by SB to my Ax on 30th April. Other charges are pending and 5 weeks plus to go approximately.

 

So, the refund is done, thanks to Amex dispute, (otherwise I am sure I would still be waiting).

 

The full cruise refund is safely mine.

 

The ancillary costs of over 3k are still in the never ending queue of silence...

 

Hope this helps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Bobal said:

May I respectfully draw your attention to the OP's very first statement when he started this very useful thread:

 

"There have been a couple of threads with discussions about cancelled cruises and refunds and ideas to challenge Seabourn to get your money back


That is not what I am suggesting here.

 

i would like a simple thread: please post the date of your cruise, the date you cancelled your cruise ( or excursions or both). And then, when (and if) you get your refund, please post the date you received the credit. "

 

Please don't let it get bogged down in discussions about other cruiselines and general complaints - there are other avenues for those discussions on this board and I'm sure most people - as I do - come here to find out the latest on refunds

 

Thanks

Apologies, I should have not risen to the bait !   It IS correct just to report on refund dates. 

 

Thank you Bobal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Bobal said:

May I respectfully draw your attention to the OP's very first statement when he started this very useful thread:

 

"There have been a couple of threads with discussions about cancelled cruises and refunds and ideas to challenge Seabourn to get your money back


That is not what I am suggesting here.

 

i would like a simple thread: please post the date of your cruise, the date you cancelled your cruise ( or excursions or both). And then, when (and if) you get your refund, please post the date you received the credit. "

 

Please don't let it get bogged down in discussions about other cruiselines and general complaints - there are other avenues for those discussions on this board and I'm sure most people - as I do - come here to find out the latest on refunds

 

Thanks

Well said, I was thinking the same. We haven’t had an update for a while it will be interesting how things are progressing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting one, this.

 

Our 22nd March Seabourn Encore Cruise from Sydney to Singapore.

 

As this one was cancelled 'at short notice' (Seabourn's words, not mine), we were offered a 100 % Refund PLUS 25 % Future Cruise Credit.

 

The Refund came through about 10 days ago, BUT the FCC's are still being worked on, as SB say that it is very complicated to work out and apply the FCCs in this case - despite them confirming the amount about 60 days ago.

 

This is annoying, as we want to book another cruise with them, but we need SB to apply the FCCs to our Account first.

 

Incidentally, the FCC agreed for our Hotel etc. reimbursement was showing on our account over a week ago.

 

Can't wait to book with them again, despite all these issues with refunds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, wesport said:

So it looks like no one got anything this week. Disappointing to say the least. Would be nice if a few at the very beginning got their refund. 

Agreed. I think we would all feel more positive if we could see some movement on customers receiving a refund. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been 8 calendar days since JPH814 has updated and posted his spread sheet.  We are now at day 60 and promised our refund by tomorrow.  Not many if any reports of refunds in the past week.  Hoping for a big release today.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everybody

Sorry I have not been on to update the spreadsheet.  Actually, more sorry that there has not been more good news to update the spreadsheet with.

I want to thank Bobal for the gentle reminder to keep this thread focused on data, specifically the data relating to when you requested your refund and when you received your refund.  There are many other threads to discuss / complain/ bash whatever you want.  

I have a few updates, so here is the latest.  Hopefully more good news will come with the end of the month.  Stay safe, positive and polite everyone!

 

As of Date: 5/22/2020        
Cruise Fare Cruise  Date Refund Request  Date  Refund Received Date Days since Request Request to  Refund
Flaminjune 3/14/2020 2/24/2020 5/13/2020 88 79
Rambo Trout 3/22/2020 2/27/2020 5/12/2020 85 75
cruzluvers 3/22/2020 3/9/2020   74  
SF Voyage 4/17/2020 3/9/2020   74  
Sunburned Tongue 3/22/2020 3/9/2020   74  
Sunburned Tongue 4/17/2020 3/9/2020   74  
Bobal 5/6/2020 3/11/2020   72  
Mauzac 4/5/2020 3/14/2020   69  
TV24 3/28/2020 3/15/2020   68  
Twinkles 3/28/2020 3/15/2020   68  
Scottie920 4/5/2020 3/16/2020   67  
Jodiandfrank 7/18/2020 3/16/2020   67  
Mark56 5/9/2020 3/16/2020   67  
Zimflyer 3/22/2020 3/17/2020 5/10/2020 66 54
Not Jaded 12/20/2020 3/20/2020   63  
Wire 12/20/2020 3/22/2020   61  
Foyt 7/25/2020 3/23/2020   60  
JRS51 6/27/2020 3/25/2020   58  
mhf 5/6/2020 3/26/2020   57  
Clou 9/16/2020 3/27/2020   56  
jkwestlake 3/31/2020 3/29/2020   54  
Mauzac 4/20/2020 3/30/2020   53  
astride 4/29/2020 3/30/2020   53  
swaxxy 4/29/2020 3/30/2020   53  
Marazul 4/22/2020 4/2/2020   50  
Westport 7/18/2020 4/3/2020   49  
Clou 12/22/2020 4/13/2020   39  
DC Traveler 5/2/2020 4/13/2020   39  
MTN1 6/23/2020 4/13/2020   39  
DuffyMcDuffy 5/31/2020 4/14/2020   38  
ON Cruiser 5/31/2020 4/14/2020   38  
Zelker 5/23/2020 4/15/2020   37  
Wyattsaubt 6/6/2020 4/15/2020   37  
crudoll 6/27/2020 4/15/2020   37  
Astride 5/16/2020 4/15/2020   37  
Flyfishingwidow 6/3/2020 4/15/2020   37  
DFW 5/23/2020 4/16/2020   36  
Wire 6/27/2020 4/16/2020   36  
jph814 5/23/2020 4/17/2020   35  
Whystayhome 7/31/2020 5/6/2020   16  
Whystayhome 10/24/2020 5/6/2020   16  
labate 8/14/2020 5/7/2020   15  
TV24 10/3/2020 5/7/2020   15  
           
Other refunds (Excursions, Air,  Taxes and FCDeposits) Cruise  Date Refund Request  Date  Refund Received Date Days since Request Days To Receive Refund
Paulchili (Taxes) 3/8/2020 2/27/2020   85  
swaxxy (Air) 4/29/2020 2/27/2020   85  
Notjaded (Exc) 12/20/2020 3/20/2020 4/16/2020 63 27
Zelker (FCD)   3/24/2020   59  
JRS51 (exc) 6/17/2020 3/25/2020 5/14/2020 58 50
MHF (exc) 5/6/2020 3/26/2020 5/16/2020 57 51
JPH814(Exc) 5/23/2020 3/30/2020 5/13/2020 53 44
crudoll (Exc) 6/27/2020 4/1/2020 5/16/2020 51 45
westport(exc) 7/18/2020 4/3/2020 5/13/2020 49 40
zimflyer (air)   4/9/2020   43  
MightyQuinn (FCD)   4/10/2020 5/16/2020 42 36
Whystayhome(Exc) 7/31/2020 5/6/2020 5/7/2020 16 1

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bobal said:

May I respectfully draw your attention to the OP's very first statement when he started this very useful thread:

 

"There have been a couple of threads with discussions about cancelled cruises and refunds and ideas to challenge Seabourn to get your money back


That is not what I am suggesting here.

 

i would like a simple thread: please post the date of your cruise, the date you cancelled your cruise ( or excursions or both). And then, when (and if) you get your refund, please post the date you received the credit. "

 

Please don't let it get bogged down in discussions about other cruiselines and general complaints - there are other avenues for those discussions on this board and I'm sure most people - as I do - come here to find out the latest on refunds

 

Thanks

Completely agree with you on that one, Bobal. Let's stay on topic.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just called Seabourn, because credit was promised for today and it hasn't been made.  Here is our summary of broken promises:

 

March 15, 2020 filled out online form requesting refund.

April 15, 2020 called Seabourn and were promised refund by May 14, 2020

May 15, 2020 called Seabourn and were promised refund by May 22, 2020

May 22, 2020 called Seabourn and they would no longer commit to a date by which we could expect refund.

May 22, 2020 initiated dispute with American Express

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I was looking at our spreadsheet.  The three people who have had their cruise fares refunded were the three earliest cruise dates (March 14, 22 and 22).  It would be interesting if we could hear from Cruzluvers, Sunburned Tongue, TV24 , Twinkles or JKWestlake.  These 5 had the next earliest cruises (between March 22 and March 31.)  I do not know if they have not gotten refunds or if they just did not come back here to update us.  If any of them read this, please give us an update

 

Interesting that all the people we were tracking for Excursion refunds have received their refunds.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, twinklles said:

Just called Seabourn, because credit was promised for today and it hasn't been made.  Here is our summary of broken promises:

 

March 15, 2020 filled out online form requesting refund.

April 15, 2020 called Seabourn and were promised refund by May 14, 2020

May 15, 2020 called Seabourn and were promised refund by May 22, 2020

May 22, 2020 called Seabourn and they would no longer commit to a date by which we could expect refund.

May 22, 2020 initiated dispute with American Express

 

Sounds an awful much like my story.

 

 

After a promise by the end of the week on April 27 which would be, May 1 on May 1 promised by today, May 22 60 days after cancellation.  Filed disputes on my credit cards immediately as this was the latest of 3 or 4 different promises.  Got the refund tentatively on my credit card and today was able to have a check sent to me but, will take at least two weeks but, does show on line and a check promised.

 

New promise today is by the end of the month of May or next Friday.  Confident this will be missed along with all of the other lies.  This and the lack of ANY contact by Seabourn spells the end of my sailing with them or any of the others who are ripping people off with the same horrid non-service.

 

As I said earlier and will repeat, the cruise lines have made their bed and now they will have to sleep in them.  Based on watching several different CC boards, people will have long memories about how they were mistreated during the bad time and will find other ways to spend their vacation dollars.  While a very few gluttons for punishment will book, believe we will see major cruise line bankruptcies in mid to late 2021.  Remember they only have one time to make a first impression.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been checking in and appreciate your updates.  A couple of small edits to the dates you have listed for us:

 

Cruise date 3/21

Refund request date 3/27

 

Unfortunately as of today, no refund yet.  I'm cautiously optimistic since some have gotten them.  I did receive the email that basically said we know you're frustrated and thanks for your patience.  As crazy as this has all been, we will cruise with Seabourn again.  As a small business owner I feel for the position they're in and believe they will make everyone whole.  Have a great weekend everyone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cruise date March 14 and cancelled March 14 when we had already arrived in Barbados. Sent in request for refund March 15. We have received refunds for the two excursions booked. I called Seabourn earlier this week and was told the refund had been processed last Friday, May 15 (60 days) but as of today May 22 nothing has appeared on credit cards. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rallydave said:

Sounds an awful much like my story.

 

 

After a promise by the end of the week on April 27 which would be, May 1 on May 1 promised by today, May 22 60 days after cancellation.  Filed disputes on my credit cards immediately as this was the latest of 3 or 4 different promises.  Got the refund tentatively on my credit card and today was able to have a check sent to me but, will take at least two weeks but, does show on line and a check promised.

 

New promise today is by the end of the month of May or next Friday.  Confident this will be missed along with all of the other lies.  This and the lack of ANY contact by Seabourn spells the end of my sailing with them or any of the others who are ripping people off with the same horrid non-service.

 

As I said earlier and will repeat, the cruise lines have made their bed and now they will have to sleep in them.  Based on watching several different CC boards, people will have long memories about how they were mistreated during the bad time and will find other ways to spend their vacation dollars.  While a very few gluttons for punishment will book, believe we will see major cruise line bankruptcies in mid to late 2021.  Remember they only have one time to make a first impression.  

 

 

 

Seabourn is permanently off of our list.  I am amazed by my fellow cruisers who will go with Seabourn again.  In fact, cruising might be off our list entirely, because I understand that they are all engaging in the same unethical games with their customers.  Moreover, I have never liked handing over tens of thousands of dollars and being at risk of their bankruptcy for several months.  Land trips do have some major advantages over cruising...restaurants in particular.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JPH814 said:

So I was looking at our spreadsheet.  The three people who have had their cruise fares refunded were the three earliest cruise dates (March 14, 22 and 22).  It would be interesting if we could hear from Cruzluvers, Sunburned Tongue, TV24 , Twinkles or JKWestlake.  These 5 had the next earliest cruises (between March 22 and March 31.)  I do not know if they have not gotten refunds or if they just did not come back here to update us.  If any of them read this, please give us an update

 

Interesting that all the people we were tracking for Excursion refunds have received their refunds.  

 

We must have been typing at the same time.  My update is immediately above your post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JPH814 said:

So I was looking at our spreadsheet.  The three people who have had their cruise fares refunded were the three earliest cruise dates (March 14, 22 and 22).  It would be interesting if we could hear from Cruzluvers, Sunburned Tongue, TV24 , Twinkles or JKWestlake.  These 5 had the next earliest cruises (between March 22 and March 31.)  I do not know if they have not gotten refunds or if they just did not come back here to update us.  If any of them read this, please give us an update

 

Interesting that all the people we were tracking for Excursion refunds have received their refunds.  

We are still waiting (day 74)

 and  had hoped there would be refunds coming today - but so far nothing.

Edited by cruzluvers
wrong # of days
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, twinklles said:

 

Paulchili, I don't know how Wire plans to alter his business with Seabourn in the future.  I know how I am going to alter my business with Seabourn.  I am going to call Crystal, Regent, or Silversea.  (We are currently still booked on Crystal in October--time will tell.)

 

 

I am not intimately familiar with the refund policy on the lines you mention but it wouldn't surprise me if it were much like SB's at the moment. I know that most lines are the same - more or less..

The only exception I found was my 2 deposits on Viking river were returned in THREE days.

Good luck.

Sorry for being OT - never again 🙂

Edited by Paulchili
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, JPH814 said:

So I was looking at our spreadsheet.  The three people who have had their cruise fares refunded were the three earliest cruise dates (March 14, 22 and 22).  It would be interesting if we could hear from Cruzluvers, Sunburned Tongue, TV24 , Twinkles or JKWestlake.  These 5 had the next earliest cruises (between March 22 and March 31.)  I do not know if they have not gotten refunds or if they just did not come back here to update us.  If any of them read this, please give us an update

 

Interesting that all the people we were tracking for Excursion refunds have received their refunds.  

Well, I had one credited to my Amex(s) this morning, with a processing date of 21 May. But it was the second voyage from Singapore to Dubai departing April 17, rather than the March 22. I had paid for this one in three stages, 2xFCD, then a further small deposit balance, then the final balance. The latter two were on different Amex accounts, and they came back to the correct accounts. The FCD weren't included, so presumably have gone back into my Seabourn account. But it does suggest that the refunds are being processed carefully. Why it takes so long is another matter. Zero communication from Seabourn about this, if I hadn't been checking my online Amex on a daily basis, I wouldn't have had a clue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...