Cruise with confidence enhanced

As a follow up, 4 of the 5 rooms I lifted and shifted on Monday of last week have had their invoices updated. My agent was going to check on the 5th this afternoon and call Royal if it was not updated.

I have read through this post and many others but I haven't noticed anyone mention if there are fees associated with Cruise with Confidence. I'm looking at a cruise for April 2022.  If I book it before August 1, 2020 and pay the non refundable deposit, I understand that I have up to 48 hours prior to cancel and receive a FCC to reschedule.  Would there be a $100 per person service fee to cancel? Or to change the sale date? The fee is mentioned in the fine print on Royal's website.  

I have heard so much about this cruising with confidence thing but I have never understood what it really ment. I mean, simply talking - its the way you book, go on board and behave yourself while on board the cruise. Is it true? Maybe there is something more to it than I thought.. 

9 minutes ago, 4crazedcruisers said:

I have read through this post and many others but I haven't noticed anyone mention if there are fees associated with Cruise with Confidence. I'm looking at a cruise for April 2022.  If I book it before August 1, 2020 and pay the non refundable deposit, I understand that I have up to 48 hours prior to cancel and receive a FCC to reschedule.  Would there be a $100 per person service fee to cancel? Or to change the sale date? The fee is mentioned in the fine print on Royal's website.  

The $100 pp fee associated with the Non refundable bookings is waived under cruise with confidence

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I have heard so much about this cruising with confidence thing but I have never understood what it really ment. I mean, simply talking - its the way you book, go on board and behave yourself while on board the cruise. Is it true? Maybe there is something more to it than I thought.. 

Read the first post in this thread, it explains it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

but the deposit can be part of the FCC

Only if the FCC covers the entire cruise fare.

It must be applied at the time of booking.  If you have made a deposit and then go to apply the FCC the deposit wont be refunded

I am referring to North American rules.  There may be different rules for UK bookings.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 5/7/2020 at 10:07 AM, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

Honestly, I am shocked... that you have a home phone

It was mandatory with our wifi service...the provider makes you subscribe, but it comes in handy if you have a long wait time with anyone.  Of course my go to is iPhone 10 but we have ATT hotspot, we are rural with limited data, and don't want to waste it holding for a rep!