Cruise with confidence enhanced

12 minutes ago, little britain said:

Ken, would you know how full ship charters are handled please? I am guessing that would be down to the Charter company to decide what they want to do ?

Up to the charter company as you booked through them and not Royal.  

• Thanks 1

I have a cruise booked on Freedom of the Seas for September 2020.  Could I lift and shift to September 2021 but then be able to cancel under the Cruise with Confidence if I decide I don’t want to go?

I just looked at the RC site and did not see this update. Please give me the link so I can share it with my cruisemates for our Sept., 2020 cruise.

To clarify,  can we "lift and switch" our Sept. 12 cruise to Sept. 2011, and get the same cabin category at the same price as long as it is a 7 day Caribbean cruise? Since we aren't at final payment date, wouldn't it be better for us to make our decision before final payment date?

1 minute ago, ptf2009 said:

I just looked at the RC site and did not see this update. Please give me the link so I can share it with my cruisemates for our Sept., 2020 cruise.

To clarify,  can we "lift and switch" our Sept. 12 cruise to Sept. 2011, and get the same cabin category at the same price as long as it is a 7 day Caribbean cruise? Since we aren't at final payment date, wouldn't it be better for us to make our decision before final payment date?

Yes you can do that.

click on the banner at the top of Royals site 

If I move my suite nrd to another sailing, not do a cancellation fcc it would have my name and my husbands name on the booking.  Can you at that point still change guests or do the guest have to stay the same?

Also get to keep my On board booking OBC?

Edited by irishgal432

1 minute ago, irishgal432 said:

If I move my suite nrd to another sailing, not do a cancellation fcc it would have my name and my husbands name on the booking.  Can you at that point still change guests or do the guest have to stay the same?

You could change 1 passengers name. 1 name must remain

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

I just looked on the RC site and clicked on the covid update and it was dated May 5...maybe I read it too fast and was looking for the information posted here and didn't see it. I will check RC's site again. Thank you.

1 minute ago, ptf2009 said:

I just looked on the RC site and clicked on the covid update and it was dated May 5...maybe I read it too fast and was looking for the information posted here and didn't see it. I will check RC's site again. Thank you.

You need to scroll to the bottom of the page and select cruise with confidence 

Thanks Ken for staying on top of this and keeping us all informed. This is the kind of information that is so valuable on this forum as it is factual and not speculation. Again Thanks!

• Like 2

I have been ready for our cash refund for months.  Just sitting around waiting on the 06/13/20 cruise to be canceled.  And now this "lift and shift" option pops up and I have to stop and wonder.  We are booked on Majesty.  An old ship with, as you can probably guess, a very low per person cost.  If we were allowed to "lift and shift" to a newer ship for the same cost, I might just let RCCL keep my money for a year. 

RCCL, if you are "listening" out there . . . Give us lots and lots of detail on "lift and shift."  When you think you have given us all enough detail, you haven't.  We have more questions.  We all have lots of "what ifs."

Hmm. We have a two bedroom suite booked over thanksgiving week on what was supposed to be an amped up allure this Thanksgiving.

we can’t shift to a different week because of the kids school. 

The comment of they will shift to a room in the same “category” concerns me.  We booked to have the separate space of two bedrooms and wouldn’t want to pay what we paid to sail in a standard JR suite or grand suite. 

but we were planning on canceling because we neither want to sail this year or pay this premium to sail on a non amped allure. 

anyone successfully shift a holiday cruise to another holiday week?  Any thoughts on protecting our room type?

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

If you want to L and S a booking say for July do you have to do it BEFORE they cancel July sailings?

To quote the release: To be eligible, the reservation must be an active booking (not previously cancelled) with no other cancellation offers previously accepted....i think this is referring to previously canceled cruises. I think this policy may be the new offering for UPCOMING cancellations too......100% refund/ 125FCC/ and now Lift and shift you pick which is best.  Check out the FAQ i attached

FAQ.pdf

Edited by cube1982
added info
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

I have been ready for our cash refund for months.  Just sitting around waiting on the 06/13/20 cruise to be canceled.  And now this "lift and shift" option pops up and I have to stop and wonder.  We are booked on Majesty.  An old ship with, as you can probably guess, a very low per person cost.  If we were allowed to "lift and shift" to a newer ship for the same cost, I might just let RCCL keep my money for a year. 

RCCL, if you are "listening" out there . . . Give us lots and lots of detail on "lift and shift."  When you think you have given us all enough detail, you haven't.  We have more questions.  We all have lots of "what ifs."

As long as it is the same length of cruise and same itinerary within 4 weeks you can switch. 

• Thanks 1

Just for my clarification. I have an October booked for this year. I have been waiting to cancel because I don’t want to loose my $750 deposit on our CL. 

If I rebook for next October will I keep my $750 towards the new booking? It would be a different ship, but same length and itinerary.