Cruise with Confidence Enhanced

dutchclogs

2 minutes ago, bbixler18 said:

I've called to answer my own question.  The answer is NO.  Edge is a different class so can't switch to that cruise.  The agent switched my reservation to the Edge and submitted for a price matching and was turned down because the class of ship was different.  Now attempting to move to 12 nights on Equinox leaving Nov 28, 2021 from same port.

Let us know how it works out.  

12 minutes ago, bbixler18 said:

I've called to answer my own question.  The answer is NO.  Edge is a different class so can't switch to that cruise.  The agent switched my reservation to the Edge and submitted for a price matching and was turned down because the class of ship was different.  Now attempting to move to 12 nights on Equinox leaving Nov 28, 2021 from same port.

Yet I was told no problem and four posts up someone has just changed moving from an M to S class ship.

16 minutes ago, bbixler18 said:

Same here.....My CVP and her supervisor won't allow a switch to Equinox 12 nights - different # of nights from Reflection 10 nights.  Edge is 10 nights, 1 day later, exact same ports and home port, but different class.  Won't allow that switch either.  I'm sending my 'thoughts' -- not benign - to Captains Club and if I only knew the CEO's email, she would also receive a copy.  Kind of angry right now so shouldn't keep posting.

9 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

Same here.....My CVP and her supervisor won't allow a switch to Equinox 12 nights - different # of nights from Reflection 10 nights.  Edge is 10 nights, 1 day later, exact same ports and home port, but different class.  Won't allow that switch either.  I'm sending my 'thoughts' -- not benign - to Captains Club and if I only knew the CEO's email, she would also receive a copy.  Kind of angry right now so shouldn't keep posting.

Have you tried celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com.  I've used that in the past to escalate an issue and then to the office of the CEO.   I think it's important to not jump straight to the top.  If you need the email of the CEO's office you can email me at my screen name at gmail.com.

It's possible they will loosen the restrictions in a couple of days once they hear all the complaints.  In my opinion there should be at least 1 replacement price protected cruise offered for each sailing in 2020.  It's sort of not fair that some people can take advantage while many can not.  But I guess life is not fair.

Edited by wrk2cruise

45 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

Apparently that switch is allowed...just can't go to E class.

My hunch is that this is the way it will end up.  You will be required to stay in the same class of ship, if reasonably available.  If not available, they will probably allow a switch from M class to S class (or vice versa).  But they will probably not allow a switch from M or S to an Edge class ship, since Edge and Apex are (generally) more expensive as the newest ships.

Tom & Judy

43 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Have you tried celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com.  I've used that in the past to escalate an issue and then to the office of the CEO.   I think it's important to not jump straight to the top.  If you need the email of the CEO's office you can email me at my screen name at gmail.com.

It's possible they will loosen the restrictions in a couple of days once they hear all the complaints.  In my opinion there should be at least 1 replacement price protected cruise offered for each sailing in 2020.  It's sort of not fair that some people can take advantage while many can not.  But I guess life is not fair.

Thank you.  I sent a copy of my note to the address indicated.  The 1 replacement cruise was exactly what I had been thinking would have been the best course of action...but because we are logical doesn't mean Celebrity follows the same logic.

On 5/6/2020 at 3:43 PM, Fouremco said:

We have a March 2021 cruise that we felt was a bit too soon for our liking, so I phoned our Big Box TA to see whether it could be swapped under this new policy to the same cruise, same ship, but in March 2022. This was the TA's first encounter with the policy, and his contact at Celebrity was similarly unsure how this would work. She had to consult with Resolutions to determine the process and work out eligibility. It wasn't clear to me whether that was the eligibility of the already booked cruise or the one I was moving it to.

I'm happy to report that they moved the booking to the new cruise, all perks and prices the same with one minor exception: our taxes went up a total of $18 CAD. We could have had the same cabin, but moved to one we preferred, both C2.

Needless to say, we are very happy! :classic_biggrin:

When you say you moved to a C2, what did you have before?  I thought it all had to be the same?  And if you changed (upgraded) didn't you have to pay more?

I ask because I have one booked April 2021 and debating doing the same thing ... the cruise looks to be more the following year but realize that the cost would stay the same in the same cabin type.

Edited by poffles

4 minutes ago, poffles said:

When you say you moved to a C2, what did you have before?  I thought it all had to be the same?  And if you changed (upgraded) didn't you have to pay more?

What I said was "We could have had the same cabin, but moved to one we preferred, both C2." By that I meant that both the cabin we originally had and the one to which we switched were both C2.

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

What I said was "We could have had the same cabin, but moved to one we preferred, both C2." By that I meant that both the cabin we originally had and the one to which we switched were both C2.

Oh ...didn't read it that way ... thanks.

1 minute ago, poffles said:

Oh ...didn't read it that way ... thanks.

I could have been clearer, but I understood what I meant!:classic_biggrin:

BTW, I was told that I couldn't upgrade during this process, but once rebooked, I imagine that one could upgrade for a price. We will keep an eye on prices and consider moving up to Aqua.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TFree said:

My hunch is that this is the way it will end up.  You will be required to stay in the same class of ship, if reasonably available.  If not available, they will probably allow a switch from M class to S class (or vice versa).  But they will probably not allow a switch from M or S to an Edge class ship, since Edge and Apex are (generally) more expensive as the newest ships.

Tom & Judy

This is on the FAQ page ... so it seems that M and S are interchangeable but not to Edge.  😞

Existing bookings and new bookings made May 6, 2020 through August 1, 2020, are eligible to be rescheduled to the following cruise year at the initial price and/or promotion when selecting an alternative sailing of the same itinerary type, ship series, stateroom category, and voyage length within four weeks of the original sail date. The ship series must be the same for Edge Series, Flora and Xpedition, however, Millennium Series and Solstice Series are interchangeable. Only guests originally booked on a Christmas or New Years’ Holiday sailing may move to a Christmas or New Years’ Holiday sailing the following year.

Edited by poffles

7 minutes ago, poffles said:

This is on the FAQ page ... so it seems that M and S are interchangeable but not to Edge.  😞

Existing bookings and new bookings made May 6, 2020 through August 1, 2020, are eligible to be rescheduled to the following cruise year at the initial price and/or promotion when selecting an alternative sailing of the same itinerary type, ship series, stateroom category, and voyage length within four weeks of the original sail date. The ship series must be the same for Edge Series, Flora and Xpedition, however, Millennium Series and Solstice Series are interchangeable. Only guests originally booked on a Christmas or New Years’ Holiday sailing may move to a Christmas or New Years’ Holiday sailing the following year.

Thank you.  That is a new addition to the FAQ, as of today.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TFree said:

Thank you.  That is a new addition to the FAQ, as of today.

Tom & Judy

Yes, some time later this afternoon I would think. Much of the earlier discussion on this and other threads no longer applies, but it's good to see Celebrity slowly clarify the issue. Thanks @poffles.

• Like 1

For those who have changed from one year to the next for the same perks and price etc, did it take a few hours for the price to update (ie reduce) correctly or have I got it wrong - that only the perks carry over?

14 minutes ago, Pushka said:

For those who have changed from one year to the next for the same perks and price etc, did it take a few hours for the price to update (ie reduce) correctly or have I got it wrong - that only the perks carry over?

I made the change yesterday through my TA. Although it took a longish phone call as the Celebrity agent hadn't handled a change under the brand new policy and had to refer my case to Resolutions to get direction, once it was straightened away I received my revised confirmation with a couple of minutes. Perks and pricing were the same, other than an $18 CAD increase in taxes/port fees.

• Thanks 1

Just spoke with my TA about moving our October 2020 Transatlantic to the same exact itinerary in October 2021. She is telling me that the Cruise with Confidence policy is only up to 09/01 sailings.  Can anyone confirm or deny this? 

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, uscgmom said:

Just spoke with my TA about moving our October 2020 Transatlantic to the same exact itinerary in October 2021. She is telling me that the Cruise with Confidence policy is only up to 09/01 sailings.  Can anyone confirm or deny this? 

Thanks!

Definitely wrong.  Read the messages in this thread, some with links to the policy.  The TA has misunderstood something.  Get him or her to call Celebrity to clarify.

Tom & Judy

Just now, TFree said:

Definitely wrong.  Read the messages in this thread, some with links to the policy.  The TA has misunderstood something.  Get him or her to call Celebrity to clarify.

Tom & Judy

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, uscgmom said:

Thanks!

Yesterday I moved a March 2021 cruise to March 2022. Your TA is wrong.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, uscgmom said:

Thanks!

Your TA is just a day behind the times.  Before yesterday her statement is true.  But the enhanced CWC program was announced yesterday.   Have her look at the Celebrity page.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

Your TA is just a day behind the times.  Before yesterday her statement is true.  But the enhanced CWC program was announced yesterday.   Have her look at the Celebrity page.

Thank you! She said she was told this by someone at Celebrity. I'll have to ask her to call them back.

56 minutes ago, Pushka said:

I was told maybe 48 hours until the price match is approved and I get a new confirmation.  The change has been updated online but not at the price I was paying for the 2020 cruise.  Supposed to match both price and perks.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

Let us know how it works out.  

Says I was approved to move to to 12 nights on Equinox leaving Nov 28, 2021 from same port.  Hopefully the confirmation will come tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, bbixler18 said:

Says I was approved to move to to 12 nights on Equinox leaving Nov 28, 2021 from same port.  Hopefully the confirmation will come tomorrow. 

Did you go through a Customer Service Agent?  Did it go through Resolutions?  Thanks for the info.