Cruise with Confidence Enhanced

dutchclogs

13 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

Did you go through a Customer Service Agent?  Did it go through Resolutions?  Thanks for the info.

Yes, I called in and got an agent who has said the transfer was approved but she needs resolutions to update the price before she could send the confirmation and they were closed when I talked to her at 7pm eastern.  I had tried earlier to move to the same cruise week/port in 2021 but it would have been a switch to Edge and that wasn't allowed.  The same agent called me back and told me she tried to push it through but it wasn't accepted.  Then I tried this next one and so far this seems like it's a go.  We'll see when/if I get the confirmation.

Edited by bbixler18

20 minutes ago, bbixler18 said:

Says I was approved to move to to 12 nights on Equinox leaving Nov 28, 2021 from same port.  Hopefully the confirmation will come tomorrow. 

did you originally have a 12 night cruise replaced by a 12 night?

1 minute ago, bbixler18 said:

Yes, I called in and got an agent who has said the transfer was approved but she needs resolutions to update the price before she could send the confirmation and they were closed when I talked to her at 7pm eastern.  I had tried earlier to move to the same cruise week/port in 2021 but it would have been a switch to Edge and that wasn't allowed.  The same agent called me back and told me she tried to push it through but it wasn't accepted.  Then I tried this next one and so far this seems like it's a go.  We'll see when/if I get the confirmation.

Wow, that's is fantastic.  That gives me hope for our 8 day Alaskan cruise...to book the only 'like' cruise is a 9 day and it is $2800 more for the same cabin.  I'd even offer to pay for the extra night - but $2800 is ridiculous.  For us, it may not fly since we have already been issued an FCC which we applied to yet another Alaskan cruise for August - a 7 day which we are paying more for than the 8 day and a port less - but the FCC made up for it.  Of course, I'd gladly give back the FCC and take the next years May cruise and I'd still sail in August if they do wind up sailing...which is looking a bit grim right now, lol.

5 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

did you originally have a 12 night cruise replaced by a 12 night?

No, I was on 11...attempted to go to 11 during Thanksgiving week leaving from same port but going to Edge (that's the ship in port in 2021 for Thanksgiving, Reflection is there for 2020 Thanksgiving).  Wouldn't accept that so asked about the Equinox (same class as Reflection) but 12 night, leaving from same port.  That one seems to be a go....we'll see.  I was willing to pay for the extra night but that hasn't come up....yet.

Edited by bbixler18

1 hour ago, bbixler18 said:

I was told maybe 48 hours until the price match is approved and I get a new confirmation.  The change has been updated online but not at the price I was paying for the 2020 cruise.  Supposed to match both price and perks.

Thanks, that reassures me as I was told it would take that long too. They have to get some "work" done behind the scenes after rebooking, but the operator did pause for a break before booking to get some kind of verbal confirmation. 

1 hour ago, vermonter16 said:

Wow, that's is fantastic.  That gives me hope for our 8 day Alaskan cruise...to book the only 'like' cruise is a 9 day and it is $2800 more for the same cabin.  I'd even offer to pay for the extra night - but $2800 is ridiculous.  For us, it may not fly since we have already been issued an FCC which we applied to yet another Alaskan cruise for August - a 7 day which we are paying more for than the 8 day and a port less - but the FCC made up for it.  Of course, I'd gladly give back the FCC and take the next years May cruise and I'd still sail in August if they do wind up sailing...which is looking a bit grim right now, lol.

I swapped July Edge 20 for "same" July Edge 2021 and when looking at the price difference it was over $3500 AUD more for the exact same cabin. So he disappeared for a bit then came back and said that it would take a while to process and when I look at the booking now, that has updated, but with the more expensive price. But as others have confirmed, it can take 48 hours to get official notice of the price swap. 

We are booked on an 11 day cruise this October. There are no 11 day cruises next year within the window. My TA tried to change us to a 12 day and they said no. We were willing to pay for the extra night.

He said he is going to pursue it further. The agent he talked to didn’t seem to know much about the policy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, I was on 11...attempted to go to 11 during Thanksgiving week leaving from same port but going to Edge (that's the ship in port in 2021 for Thanksgiving, Reflection is there for 2020 Thanksgiving).  Wouldn't accept that so asked about the Equinox (same class as Reflection) but 12 night, leaving from same port.  That one seems to be a go....we'll see.  I was willing to pay for the extra night but that hasn't come up....yet.

That’s interesting. My TA was turned down going from a 11 day to 12 day on same ship. He said he will pursue it further.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looks like the terms and conditions are changing on a daily basis as people query possible moves and to be fair a Celebrity are listening at this point, the change from M to S class and vice versa is important. Maybe more flexibility to come.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 11:21 AM, gerelmx said:

Now 3 FREE Perks

The offer a few days ago with 2 Free Perks was better for our sailing.  We received Drinks and Gratuities and $300 OBC from Celebrity and $200 from TA.  With the 3 Free Perks we would get Wifi, Drinks and Gratuities with no OBC from Celebrity and $150 from TA and it is $50 more than what we paid.

This whole thing is ridiculous. We have 10 days on Reflection in a RS at a senior rate of $5600.

Want to change to 12 days on Equinox, current rate in $7,000 range depending on date.

Before reading CC this morning I put a courtesy hold on the last remaining RS on Reflection in early 2021 at a rate of $11,000 which should be priced at $5600 for us under the new policy.

10 days on Edge in a RS in early 2022 is $11,500.

I talked to our CVP early yesterday and I'm waiting for her to call back today to see what she could do because we were hoping to switch to Equinox 12 day.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

9 hours ago, bbixler18 said:

I tried the same switch and was told 'no' because a 12 night (Equinox) can't replace a 10 night (Reflection);  all else the same.  Also was told no to a 10 night Nov. Millennium because it was a different class ship.  That's not true as others have said here that the FAQ spells out that it's acceptable to go from M to S or v-versa.  Quoted that to the CVP last night and her answer was to point me to calling a supervisor, with the phone #, and I could cancel if I felt that was the only option I have.  Customer Service at its best!

My TA is requesting 10 night Equinox 2020 to 9 night Equinox 2021 a week later.  The loss of Key West is not an issue for me.  I have such a good rate I really don't care that it's a night less.  We'll see but I'm not holding much hope.  I'm surprised they have bent at all on the # of days.  

I've been through this before with them and I don't know why they can't just protect a price pp/pd.  It would simplify things dramatically.

Just did my switch, I booked direct with Celebrity so did it all through a call to them.  My cruise change was April 2021 Equinox 12 night to April 2022 Equinox 12 night.  Hated to do it but I feel better with it further out and not having the constant pondering how things will be over the coming winter months.  The switch was quick and easy, obviously my switch was more straight forward than it might be for others.  

The 2022 sailing with perks is listed as 2K CAD more so really happy to be able to move this forward and keep the same perks and price.  Even the 2021 I had booked had gone up a lot so comparing current price for both dates is not so different, it is more about the good pricing I got when booked last October on board.  As others have said, it has to go through the system and I should get something within 3 days to show the change.  Same price, same perks, different stateroom in same category (one I had was gone).

Happy camper!  Good luck to every one else trying to shift and hope it all works out and we are all sailing into the future 🙂

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, yorky said:

This is where I hope booking direct with Celebrity may pay off if we have to move.

It was easy to change.

Phoned last night. Answered straight away.

Changed from Millennium TP Sept 11th 2020 to Solstice TP Sept 10th 2021.

Same price although currently the Solstice is $800 more than I paid. (  Solo senior OV)

I had Air2Sea and they had to cancel that first.

• Like 1

My cruise in February of this year was canceled by Celebrity and we received a full refund.  Does anyone know if Celebrity would allow us to book the same cruise next year at the price we paid on the canceled cruise?  Do cruises canceled by Celebrity qualify for this enhanced cruise with confidence? 

Good idea but it does not work for many people. I want to switch from 11 day Reflection in Nov 2020 out of Fort Lauderdale to the same cruise -same weeks -same ports - but THEY changed the ship to the Edge. It is the same cruise Celebrity-Wake up!  Do not penalize me because YOU changed ships. If you want customers back this nit picking is not the way to do it.          

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, morfred said:

Good idea but it does not work for many people. I want to switch from 11 day Reflection in Nov 2020 out of Fort Lauderdale to the same cruise -same weeks -same ports - but THEY changed the ship to the Edge. It is the same cruise Celebrity-Wake up!  Do not penalize me because YOU changed ships. If you want customers back this nit picking is not the way to do it.          

I was just looking at the same thing. I assume you're booked on the ABC cruise, same as me. I wanted to put it back a year but have no desire to swap Reflection for Edge.

We moved our booking from November 2020 to November 2021.  Assured over and over that it included all our perks.  Of course the invoice came and it doesn't reflect that. The taxes were higher too, so the amount owing is higher.  Not a deal breaker, but would be nice if that had been mentioned (increase of $130).

Should have waited for the email to arrive so I could question her. 

Also, since we don't know for sure if we can go next year, we were assured that if we cancel, then we'd lose $200 (as expected) and have the rest in FCC valid for sailings until November 2022.  Sure hope that is correct!

8 minutes ago, morfred said:

I'm having the same problem...won't allow the replacement itinerary on the Edge from Reflection.  On hold right now.  All 3 options aren't exact replacements and they're saying none of them are allowable (as of last night - understand Millennium is now ok so we'll see what this CS rep says).  If none are allowable, it seems they're saying 'go away - don't bother us  - we have other clients who are less work.'

Edited by oceangoer2

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

My TA is requesting 10 night Equinox 2020 to 9 night Equinox 2021 a week later.  The loss of Key West is not an issue for me.  I have such a good rate I really don't care that it's a night less.  We'll see but I'm not holding much hope.  I'm surprised they have bent at all on the # of days.  

I've been through this before with them and I don't know why they can't just protect a price pp/pd.  It would simplify things dramatically.

We were able to make this switch for Equinox 10 night 9.4.2020 to Equinox 9 night 9.17.2021 so you should be able to get this done.

I really want to do this but the cruise I want to switch to is June 6 2021 and being a teacher I am nervous they are going to change our school calendar for next year.  I know that it says that you can only switch once so does anyone know if you have to cancel if they will give FCC?

9 minutes ago, cruising teacher80 said:

I really want to do this but the cruise I want to switch to is June 6 2021 and being a teacher I am nervous they are going to change our school calendar for next year.  I know that it says that you can only switch once so does anyone know if you have to cancel if they will give FCC?

We have NRD - I was assured if we can't do the cruise we switched to that we would forfeit $200CAD but get $760 FCC. 

38 minutes ago, Livin Life said:

We were able to make this switch for Equinox 10 night 9.4.2020 to Equinox 9 night 9.17.2021 so you should be able to get this done.

This morning I changed from 9/22/20 to 9/17/21 on the Equinox.  Because it went from 10 nights to 9, the Celebrity rep had to get a supervisor's approval so it took a while but they sent a corrected confirmation within 15 minutes after I got off.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1