Princess Cancels Remainder of Summer Season

louden

9 hours ago, Saukkey1 said:

So one of the options is get twice the deposit. Can someone clarify this for me? My deposit was a penny. However, I paid several thousands in gift cards. So do I get double what I’ve paid or just double the base deposit? Thank you!

According that what’s on the agent site, it is double what you have paid towards your cruise fare. So those that paid $1 get $100 minimum. The example actually says if $100 deposit was made then $900 additional paid then there is $1000 FCC and another $1000 Bonus FCC. 

I’ve been trying to figure out how they “apply” payments since I read this. Our final payment date was supposed to be May 12. What I had paid was less than our total cruise fare. We still owed close to $3k. $1626 of our total was air, $615 was port taxes and fees. 

13 hours ago, john_galt said:

My Caribbean Princess sailing on November 4 is now shown as the first cruise back for that ship.

Not holding my breath. 😵

we're booked on SKY for end of November - survived this round … but agreed who really knows now ?

9 minutes ago, phred119s said:

According that what’s on the agent site, it is double what you have paid towards your cruise fare. So those that paid $1 get $100 minimum. The example actually says if $100 deposit was made then $900 additional paid then there is $1000 FCC and another $1000 Bonus FCC. 

I’ve been trying to figure out how they “apply” payments since I read this. Our final payment date was supposed to be May 12. What I had paid was less than our total cruise fare. We still owed close to $3k. $1626 of our total was air, $615 was port taxes and fees. 

I’m in the same situation. Booked with FCD and then paid several thousand dollars with gift cards. I still had a balance due, and final payment was scheduled for July. I’m not clear if any FCC or refund applies to me. 

12 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

If you look at the list of cruises, many cancelled ones are into November.  Our September Island is on the list, I'd call that fall.  

Only November cruises on the list are the Crown's last few Med sailings and the TA back.  Since the Crown isn't going to Europe in the first place, those weren't going to happen. I wouldn't take that as a sign they're giving up on November cruises yet. (Though it wouldn't surprise anyone if that turns out to be the case)

We received our email last night concerning our Baltic cruise on Sky in August being cancelled.  So sad but in all reality would we feel safe being on the ship without a vaccine or treatment available. 

Dennis

15 hours ago, nini said:

Very well could be. Fall begins Sept. 22

We are still booked for Sept. 13 for British Isles...

getting more doubtful each day. 

we were on this cruise also. We got a letter last night that it’s been canceled. 

15 hours ago, nini said:

Very well could be. Fall begins Sept. 22

We are still booked for Sept. 13 for British Isles...

getting more doubtful each day. 

All European cruises for remainder of 2020 have been cancelled. Ours was for Dec 6th from Rome to FLL. Got the cancellation email overnight.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Only November cruises on the list are the Crown's last few Med sailings and the TA back.  Since the Crown isn't going to Europe in the first place, those weren't going to happen. I wouldn't take that as a sign they're giving up on November cruises yet. (Though it wouldn't surprise anyone if that turns out to be the case)

41 minutes ago, Crystabel said:

I’m in the same situation. Booked with FCD and then paid several thousand dollars with gift cards. I still had a balance due, and final payment was scheduled for July. I’m not clear if any FCC or refund applies to me. 

Exact same situation here. Dec. TA on the Island. Paid deposit with $100 FCD pp, and then paid several thousand dollars for cruise fare, Princess Air, +++ with gift cards, but still had small balance due - with final payment due in late August. Don't know which FCC/refund scheme we fall into. Only getting $200 FCC pp or getting 125% of cruise fare as FCC and refund of the air, insurance, port fees?

BUT --- our letter specifically states: 

"We hope you will stick with us by accepting this special higher value Future Cruise Credit offer:

• 100% value of cruise fare paid as an FCC
  • Bonus FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid"

So, I guess Princess is giving us the better scheme of the 125% FCC...

Edited by tothemall&beyond

1 hour ago, Crystabel said:

I think it would be the FCC based on what you paid. That’s how I’m reading it. 

27 minutes ago, tothemall&beyond said:

Exact same situation here. Dec. TA on the Island. Paid deposit with $100 FCD pp, and then paid several thousand dollars for cruise fare, Princess Air, +++ with gift cards, but still had small balance due - with final payment due in late August. Don't know which FCC/refund scheme we fall into. Only getting $200 FCC pp or getting 125% of cruise fare as FCC and refund of the air, insurance, port fees?

BUT --- our letter specifically states: 

"We hope you will stick with us by accepting this special higher value Future Cruise Credit offer:

• 100% value of cruise fare paid as an FCC
  • Bonus FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid"

So, I guess Princess is giving us the better scheme of the 125% FCC...

I just read the one that came in to my personal email and it says I qualify for Double the Deposit.  Hmmm

We thought about booking a September Alaskan cruise after our May one was cancelled.  Glad we didn’t though received many calls/offers from Princess!

Scheduled for a Panama Canal cruise in January out of Ft Lauderdale.  Beginning to think it may not going....

3 hours ago, Cuedon said:

According to here, looks like it's either October 25 or November 5, depending on if you're taking the long or short version.

Thank you.

Princess still has Enchanted Caribbean sailings in November.  I wonder how they plan to do that without a TA?

2 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Only November cruises on the list are the Crown's last few Med sailings and the TA back.

The list also includes the Pacific Princess French Polynesia cruises from mid-September through November.

18 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

So will Princess not contact us directly to inform us our cruise has been cancelled?  Thanks to the OP for this information.  We've received no notification from PCL - maybe we will receive something shortly.  We were on the Emerald to AK in September with a TON  of OBC/perks.  But honestly, I'm glad it's cancelled.  We were waffling as to what to do, but the decision has been made for us.  I was actually just as fearful of flying on a plane as I was boarding a ship.  We've been to AK several times, and she will be there for us when the time is right. 😢

I got an email last night about the cancellation on the CB for August. It has an offer to give me an additional 100% FCC if I convert my current deposit into an FCC. I have until 6/15 to make a decision, then if no decision is made, its FCC by default. Seriously thinking about just flipping to the 2021 August Sailing. 

Edited by drowelf

15 hours ago, spyro1952 said:

Dude, way past September.  My cruises in November were canceled.  

My apologies... I do not live on the internet. Nor, do I have a list in front of me.

4 minutes ago, nini said:

My apologies... I do not live on the internet. Nor, do I have a list in front of me.

No need to 'live on the internet'.  A list of all the cruises are in a link within the Princess announcement cited in the original post on this thread: https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, land lover said:

Sorry if I missed something but who says Princess is paying full commission to TAs.

Jan Swartz said in the video (on our e-mail) that if you have paid final payment,

then the TA will receive the commission.

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

The list also includes the Pacific Princess French Polynesia cruises from mid-September through November.

Yeah, very disappointed about that but worried as well.

We were booked on the last 10-day French Polynesia cruise starting on Nov 24. It could have been booked as a Grand Adventure of something like that which started on the same date but went on to Sydney arriving the 22nd of December and that is cancelled as well.

Because of Princess' odd cabin allocation schemes when sailings can be booked multiple ways, we booked a B2B2B on the PA, PPT-PPT-SYD-SYD to get the cabin we wanted. With the 10-day first leg and the overlapping 26-day Adventure being cancelled the remaining legs can still be booked and the cabin availability has gone way up as the Adventure's cabins have become available.

Now, our concern is will those subsequent sailings actually occur as well. If Princess couldn't make a FP sailing out of PPT happen on Nov 24, what makes you think they'll come through with one departing PPT on Dec 4?

At this point we're standing pat, making different flight and pre-embarkation hotel arrangements but nothing that won't be refundable. Our previous flights to PPT were FF awards and being in November, the airlines aren't (yet) waiving mile reinstatement fees so we might be out a couple hundred dollars. We'll see...

49 minutes ago, nini said:

Actually, it is known by both. 

Actually, it's not.  Equinox is when the sun crosses the equator and the day and night are both 12 hours long (equal night), solstice is when the sun is at its maximum distance above or below the equator of 23.5 degrees which produces the longest day and shortest night depending on your hemisphere.

1 minute ago, wolfie11 said:

Actually, it's not.  Equinox is when the sun crosses the equator and the day and night are both 12 hours long (equal night), solstice is when the sun is at its maximum distance above or below the equator of 23.5 degrees which produces the longest day and shortest night depending on your hemisphere.

I AM TALKING ABOUT SUMMER/ AUTUMNAL EQUINOX!!! 

NOT SOLSTIVE AND EQUINOX! 

I know the difference; I am brushed up on my Wicca books...

1 hour ago, nini said:

AUTUMN AND FALL EQUINOX.

The posting person was correcting me and said it could NOT

be known by Fall Equinox; only by Autumn Equinox.

Actually, I think the objection was that you referred to a summer equinox.

• Thanks 1