OT - For tuggers

TechKnowBabble

:( It seems no one is interested in writing to me! I'm done! If we happen to cross paths on a cruise and you see me walking with a big black lab, please what ever you do, don't say hello...don't stop and ask about my dog...and, whatever you do, don't appear interested! See you on the ocean, maybe!:(

The Wizard

:( It seems no one is interested in writing to me! I'm done! If we happen to cross paths on a cruise and you see me walking with a big black lab, please what ever you do, don't say hello...don't stop and ask about my dog...and, whatever you do, don't appear interested! See you on the ocean, maybe!:(

The Wizard

Sorry to see your post was ignored. You deserved a response for your effort to be friendly and join in. So, I wish you many happy cruises with your lab pal.

The Wizard

Appears you got lost in the fray but hang in there. Happens all the time and then suddenly someone notices! Welcome to the boards but they do take a bit of getting used to. Would love to meet you and your black lab on one of these cruises! We had a golden lab on our Grand cruise and she was an absolute sweetheart.

As to Gail, She turned up with her first post 1 week before her second X cruise on our roll call looking for a hotel with car parking and transportation to the port. The rest is history! We have spent 32 days at see with her since then and look forward to many more (just not as many as she looks forward to)! unless we win the lottery then all bets are off!

Gail, did that get straigthened out? Oh, heck, I'll email!

Well, what a compliment! Thanks for asking!

I'm about 5'10 with long blonde hair and a fondness for aft balcony cabins... oh wait, no, that's not me! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Real story. The last 10 years of my work life I was an Account Manager for the Indirect side of a telecommunications company. I traveled the southern half of Georgia and some of Florida. Mostly car travel with a little air travel thrown in for corporate things, conventions and tech shows. Liked it a lot because it involved a lot of schmoozing and business lunches and dinners!

Fast forward a few years. The spinal fusions from when I broke my neck were starting to bother me. Then the accident with my knee and back which put me in rehab and surgeries for two years. Finally had the knee replaced, back still is a mess and now the hip is going out.

I had always cruised 3 to 4 times a year. When I had the knee done I booked my first X cruise 3 months out as an incentive to give the rehab all I had. It was a 10 or 11 night out of Tampa. I went, still not doing the best with my knee, and one of the girls at guest relations called me one day and said she was told I wasn't getting off the ship because of the walking, she offered to take my list and go shop for me in the ports! I was bowled over! That told me just how special Celebrity was. Then when I got the cold towels out by the pool and and the sorbet and trays of ice water on a hot afternoon, I just wanted to keep doing this.

It took me until March of the following year ('04) to get back on X. Still Horizon, out of Tampa. At the end of that cruise I had a serious talk with myself and decided that you only live once and I was going to enjoy it. I never went back to work and I have never looked back. Only forward to the next cruise. That's how I became a Serial Cruiser. And turned my home into a 'pit stop'!

I have been an animal lover since I was a little girl, so I have pets. My father instilled that love in me. The man had a 24 year old Min Pin! I work with Schnauzer Love Rescue which is a great organization. I have also worked with Dachshund Rescue. I showed Great Danes for 14 years and had several Champions. I showed Longhaired Doxies for a few years and had three Champions. Animals and animal welfare are definitely one of my passions.

I have always written and have the standard 'book in the closet'. Although I don't think short stories are my forte, I have been lucky enough to have some (notice I didn't say 'several') published. I also wrote a short column in a national organizations monthly for about a year. I read anything that's written including cereal boxes if I'm desperate but prefer mysteries.

I love to shop and love a bargain so I like to haunt the small and out of the way shops selling antiques and 'junque'. One day I hope to visit that place in Alabama where they buy all the unclaimed luggage from the airlines and sell what they find. If I see a good tag sale or a yard sale that looks like an estate sale, my car automatically pulls to the curb!

When I'm home, I read, cook, do home improvements (that's GOT to stop soon!), go to dinner with friends, attend my book club and stay on the computer, either writing or posting and emailing. I like to keep up with my friends both cruising ones and land bound. I try to make up for all the favors the land bound ones do for me when I'm cruising! I would like to take up painting (on canvas, not the house kind) but I don't think I have a lick of talent in that direction. I've always wanted to be a potter, but I'd have to cut my nails!:eek: Home or cruising, I'm never bored.

I'm a serious beach person and am very serious about my tan. I have a summer car (convertible) and a rack full of Beach Boys and Jimmy Buffett CD's. If I happen to be home in the winter and the temp gets to 65 that's where you'll find me, top down and a beach tune blaring. Long blonde hair flowing in the wind... wait, that's not me. Where does this stuff keep coming from? It's like my brain is full of it!

Don't really know anything else too interesting to tell you. Hope this is what you had in mind and NOT MORE THAN YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT TUGGERS!:eek:

I enjoyed that immensely - I've followed a lot of your posting all over many different threads and always kind of wondered how you knew so much concerning so many things about cruising - gives me a lot of insite into your expertise. I hope my wife and I get to meet you some day.

The Wizard

Hi Roz - don't despair - you have gotten lot of responses to this thread, just not all of them are direct replys to your original post - that happens on these boards. If you really want to get depressed let me tell you a little story - my wife and I booked a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise on RCCL's Vision of the Sea sailing in 2004. We started a thread in 2003 and posted almost every day and never had a single reply. In contrast to that we had a cruise sailing in 2005 that we started a thread for right after we got home and ended up with a CC Party for 108 people. Go Figure. Just hang in there and be patient and when you sail have fun regardless! It's the only way to sail - LOL

Hi Tuggers!

It is good to know I'm not the only southern gal on this board (I too, am from GA) LOL

I also love animals, I have a bulldog (hence the screen name) and 3 cats.

Your post was very interesting. Sounds like we travel the same way, I go as cheap as possible so the dog can stay 4 star (or 4 "paw" as it may be). Someone I was talking to yesterday were like "so do you leave Zeus at the vet when you vacation?" and I was like "vet?" "uh,..........no, Zeus stays at the pet resort!" LOL Like yours, he'd much rather travel with me but doesn't mind it so much staying at the pet resort getting doggie massages and homemade peanut butter treats everyday.

Happy sailing! I'm looking forward to my first Celebrity cruise next February.

I think you may have me confused with NorthEAST Georgia in the mountains, near N. Carolina (I'm in Northwest GA, closer to Alabama). We got all of half an inch Saturday night, which was gone early in the day on Sunday, then it has been snowing a little all morning, of course none of it has stuck. LOL We get snow maybe once a year here (if we are lucky). It is cold though, when I called to see what the temperature was a second ago it was still 29 degrees. Our weather has really been crazy this year. It has been really warm up until the last week or so, my husband literally wore shorts to work a couple of days in December and January and now it is bitter cold. We are taking a short trip to the Smoky Mountains next week so I'm hoping there will be snow there.

No, I know you are in the NE corner. You have to realize I'm down here, 17 miles from Florida so you are the 'cold north country' to me!!:D

JoAn, It wasn't even warm in Tampa. It was cold and raining like the great floods! I got no pool or hot tub time this trip!:(

I wish we would have gotten more snow. I love it, especially since EVERYTHING shuts down here LOL. It is still spitting snow but it still isn't sticking. I wonder why, it still isn't above freezing. Just our luck I guess. LOL I guess being 17 miles from Florida you don't see much snow either huh? Too bad, it is so pretty.

The Wizard

Roz, you're not alone. I would say the majority of posts don't get "answered", unless they're asking a question about something or they're provocative enough or dumb enough to warrant someone coming back to "straighten" that person out, or to flame them. Also, a large number of posts are basically agreeing with something someone else has said, or supporting a viewpoint. Please don't take it personally. :)

Allen

Archived