Which port to do a tour?

We will be on a cruise that stops in both La Romania and Amber Cove. If you could only choose one port to do a tour in which one would you choose and why? I'm not in shape to do the 12 waterfalls of Dmaja (sp?). We did a tour to the telerifico last visit to Amber Cove. Never been to La Romania. ATV's looks fun.

Let me know what you all think!

TIA

I have not been to Amber Cove, but believe it is owned by Carnival and has a beach right there.  Others who have been there can speak more of it.

But I have been to La Romana and aside from a few shops in the cruise terminal there is nothing around so you will definitely want to do something here if you want to see the area.

I have been to La Romana twice on cruises and both times have gone to Hilton La Romana, an all-inclusive resort that you can get a day pass for.  They have pools, a swim up bar, beach...just your typical resort.  You can snorkle off your beach (we bring our own gear), and while the fish are not that great, there are a lot of starfish.

Below are two videos...the first is walking directions from the ship to just outside the cruise terminal where you can get a taxi to Hilton La Romana (or a bus for an excursion if you choose to go that route), and the second video is of Hilton La Romana. It's almost 5 minutes, but it shows some of the pools, the beach, the food, etc.  Please note that the video is from last October when the family area was closed for renovations, so I know there is more to see now, and saw something on their Twitter page that looked like it had water slides, etc.  If this type of thing makes or breaks the decision to go there, double check with them first because some areas are only open to the extended stay guests. 

• 1 month later...