Cruise Critic Community
lderochi

Princess TA Webinar May 7

If you are a TA (or have a good TA) that is participating in Princess’ TA Webinar today at 10 AM Pacific Time, could you please try to ask, point blank, how many (if any) credit card refunds have been processed for travelers who have selected Option 2? And what is there current guidance on timing - 60 days? 90? From sailing date or cancellation date? I’m sure they’ll give a non-answer answer, but what the Hell. Worth a shot. 

I apologize, in retrospect the topic heading is misleading, I’m sure most people think that this will contain information from the webinar - not a question about the webinar. 

So this webinar is today?

Our Baltic cruise for August was cancelled yesterday, our TA said refunds should take approximately 90 days.  So we will see.

Dennis

42 minutes ago, Travelw said:

Our Baltic cruise for August was cancelled yesterday, our TA said refunds should take approximately 90 days.  So we will see.

Refunds are being processed in sailing date order, so your August cruise is in line behind all the processing for cancelled cruses in March, April, May, June and July.

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

So this webinar is today?

Yes, it took place today. I don’t know any specific info that was shared. I hoped somebody would. I’ve listened in to some of them before (even though I’m not supposed to). They’re master classes in not saying anything. 

This is a reminder that "Princess Update Webinar #6: The latest on our ship operations & more" will begin in 1 hour on:
Date Time: May 7, 2020 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada) 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, caribill said:

Refunds are being processed in sailing date order

I wonder ... Sailing date order from when?????, mid March when the pause was announced?  I boarded on January 20th and was on the ship when the pause was announced.  I have received NOTHING! 

Edited by hpeabody

34 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

I wonder ... Sailing date order from when?????, mid March when the pause was announced?  I boarded on January 20th and was on the ship when the pause was announced.  I have received NOTHING! 

Nobody really knows what is really happening because everything Princess has communicated about refunds has so far not happened for the vast majority on CC.

1 hour ago, hpeabody said:

No, that is the current line Princess is giving if you phone. I know some who had sailing dates in Feb, March & April who have refunds. Not many though. 

Thanks for the link. I actually watched the whole thing.

On 5/7/2020 at 6:17 PM, dog said:

No, that is the current line Princess is giving if you phone. I know some who had sailing dates in Feb, March & April who have refunds. Not many though. 

It is interesting that you the only one who has reported any refunds in the hundreds of posts on CC I have read about refunds for those who selected option 2 for the March 12 pause.  Why haven’t others also had refunds?   It would be nice if the people you say have received them would post directly.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Carnevale said:

It is interesting that you the only one who has reported any refunds in the hundreds of posts on CC I have read about refunds for those who selected option 2 for the March 12 pause.  Why haven’t others also had refunds?   It would be nice if the people you say have received them would post directly.

Well, thank you for the compliment. Nice of you to acknowledge my helpfulness.  

Have you read all the threads on this topic carefully?  

I did not get Option 2.

You may find a few more with refunds. Not many, but a few. 

Another option several are taking is credit card dispute. 

I sincerely wish you luck in getting your refund.
. Kindness goes a long way in these stressful times, doesn’t it?

Edited by dog

3 hours ago, lderochi said:

Well, here’s the presentation from the webinar https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/news/PrincessUpdate6Presentation.pdf . There’s also a recording 

And oh my God they are pushing their TAs to push their clients to take Option 1. 5 slides on why option 1 is “obviously” the better choice! 

Thanks for posting this. Good tip: only check news & social media twice a day. 

12 hours ago, lderochi said:

Well, here’s the presentation from the webinar https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/news/PrincessUpdate6Presentation.pdf . There’s also a recording 

And oh my God they are pushing their TAs to push their clients to take Option 1. 5 slides on why option 1 is “obviously” the better choice! 

Thank you for posting these!  I had seen some of the slides published on FB but it's good to see the whole presentation.  Interestingly enough I changed the "6" in the PDF link to a "5" and was able to retrieve the presentation made to TAs the week prior.  This one has the slide advising that all pause 1 FCCs should be processed by April 30th.  Would have loved to have seen the earlier presentations but this little trick only worked using 5.

I’ve seen several and you haven’t missed much. Although in retrospect the perennial optimism and goalpost moving is kind of fun to watch, in a gallows humor sort of way 🤷‍♂️

Wow. This is interesting. 

I had a cruise paid in full. I was given 150% FCC or 100% of my money back plus 25% towards another cruise. This is from Pause 1.

I have a relative who had $5000 towards her cruise paid for for a cruise in August that was just cancelled. She was making payments. Cruise was not paid in full yet. She will get $10,000 towards another cruise with double your deposit .

She ends up with a better deal than I did, even if I had taken the 150% FCC.

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

Wow. This is interesting. 

I had a cruise paid in full. I was given 150% FCC or 100% of my money back plus 25% towards another cruise. This is from Pause 1.

I have a relative who had $5000 towards her cruise paid for for a cruise in August that was just cancelled. She was making payments. Cruise was not paid in full yet. She will get $10,000 towards another cruise with double your deposit .

She ends up with a better deal than I did, even if I had taken the 150% FCC.

I had a cruise cancelled in both pause 1 and 2. The cruise in pause 2 was not paid in full and all I get back is what I paid (if they ever decide to process refunds)...had it been past of pause 3 I would have received a substantial amount of FCC for the double up. Not that I've received them from pause 1 yet, either...

I attended the webinar so didn't watch what has been posted here but if the Q and A wasn't included on it, they DID state that ALL FCCs from pause 1 have been processed as of April 30th, which is 100% not correct as I know first hand several people (myself included) that do not have them yet! So now I believe nothing....

Deposits made with FCD was not covered, unless I missed it. I assume FCD is simply restored to our account. i.e. would not expect there to be any 'Bonus'

17 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

So now I believe nothing....

I boarded the 111 day World Cruise on January 20th, abruptly halted with the "Pause" and put off the ship in Australia on March 21st.  I am owed travel expenses, whatever I will be getting for option 2 (Cash & Bonus FCC), the refundable OBC left in my folio and to date have been given NOTHING!!!  No communication other than initial auto reply email when I submitted requests. I have read that our folio info remains on the ship which is on the way to Manila.  How can they claim to be done with Pause 1???  After reading so many varying stories I have ZERO confidence in Princess.  CC dispute process was initiated yesterday.

12 hours ago, dog said:

Thanks for posting this. Good tip: only check news & social media twice a day. 

The closest I come to "social media" is these forums. There is so much garbage posted by people who express their opinions as fact it amazes me people believe anything on social media. I do get occasional updates regarding family from my wife who has a FB account but she doesn't get her "news" there.

15 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Deposits made with FCD was not covered, unless I missed it. I assume FCD is simply restored to our account. i.e. would not expect there to be any 'Bonus'

It was near the very end. FCD is converted to ‘cash status’ upon use;  if your cruise was in Pause 3 cancellations you can either get $200 FCC for your deposit, or ask for a refund.  IF the FCD expiration date has not passed, you can ask for your refund to be returned as an FCD. Pause 1 or 2 have different rules.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I attended the webinar so didn't watch what has been posted here but if the Q and A wasn't included on it, they DID state that ALL FCCs from pause 1 have been processed as of April 30th, which is 100% not correct as I know first hand several people (myself included) that do not have them yet! So now I believe nothing....

Mine has not.

Edited by Coral

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I had a cruise cancelled in both pause 1 and 2. The cruise in pause 2 was not paid in full and all I get back is what I paid (if they ever decide to process refunds)...had it been past of pause 3 I would have received a substantial amount of FCC for the double up. Not that I've received them from pause 1 yet, either...

Am I correct in thinking your cruises were cancelled by Princess, yes?  Not by you or your client?  If so, that means we have THREE categories of cruises without FCC issued.  

1. Round 1 cancellations have not had FCC issued by April 30 as stated in last webinar.(you and Coral).

2.  People on cruises that were abruptly stopped partway PRIOR to round 1 (Holly and Suzyed) still have no FCC and THEY should have been first.

3. People who cancelled on their own before Princess did their pauses have not received FCC AND my TA tells me the fact I canceled first is now irrelevant; my booking will be handled in the Mythological Sailing Date Order.  

So disappointing and ridiculous.  

I did have one positive takeaway (theoretically) from the webinar for those who don’t want to sit through random silliness:

FCCs will be able to be used as deposits on new cruises after June 1.  Their system wasn’t set up for that, but after complaints the Crack IT Team only needs another month to get it working.

Edited by cherylandtk

1 hour ago, Coral said:

As long as the cruise cost of the cancelled cruise was at least $10,000, that is what she will get.

If for example the cruise cost (which does not include the additional taxes, fees, etc.) was only $7000, then what she paid plus the bonus will be limited to an FCC of $7000.