Princess TA Webinar May 7

lderochi

It would be very beneficial for Princess to have a webinar for their passengers explaining the refund process and the status of those refunds.

I have appreciated receiving emails from Delta outlining their refund progress.  The emails are interesting and informative even though Delta refunded me two days after my request, several weeks ago.

I don't know how I missed the due dates as it would have gone a long way alleviating my anxiety. Somehow I erroneously thought they would process them as recieved. But according to the slide, Pause 1 perhaps not until May 31st, Pause 2 after May 31st, and Pause 3 after June 15th (I surmise to let cruises switch from cold hard cash to FCC if they want to). So they aren't 'late'

833846206_Screenshot_20200521-175500_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.a55726f92a693b3197f8e0972b6fac8d.jpg

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

I don't know how I missed the due dates as it would have gone a long way alleviating my anxiety. Somehow I erroneously thought they would process them as recieved. But according to the slide, Pause 1 perhaps not until May 31st, Pause 2 after May 31st, and Pause 3 after June 15th (I surmise to let cruises switch from cold hard cash to FCC if they want to). So they aren't 'late'

833846206_Screenshot_20200521-175500_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.a55726f92a693b3197f8e0972b6fac8d.jpg

Where did you find this?  Was it ever made available to passengers or for TA s?

Some things I learned from the webinar (mostly about Pause 3):

o FCCs can be applied to existing bookings. If the booking was made after the May 6 announcement of Pause 3, it is basically easy for the TA to apply. If the booking was made prior to the May 6 announcement, the TA must call in or use the Polar Online chat feature to get the FCC applied.

o If you select the double deposit FCC option, there will be two FCCs set up. One is for the refundable cash you paid as a deposit. The other is for the bonus FCC amount.

o If you made your deposit with an FCD, you can still get the OBC that an FCD gives you on a newly booked cruise. The TA must call in or use Polar Online chat to explain that part of the FCC is from an unexpired FCD and the OBC as appropriate for the length of the new cruise and the type cabin on the new cruise. However, if you had booked the new cruise already and used another FCD, you cannot get a 2nd OBC this way.

o People with FCCs that have a sail by date which expire by the end of 2020 can have the TA call in or use Polar Online chat to get it extended.

o People who are in Pause 2 who had not made final payment and have not had their refunds processed can have the TA call in or use Polar Online chat to select the 100% deposit bonus if they want to select that option now.

o Passengers on the same reservation can select different options if both do not want the same option. The TA must call in or use Polar Online chat to have this set up.

o There is no price protection option (such as RCI has) to book the identical cruiser for next year at the same pricing the cancelled booking had.

o Although originally Princess said they would process the refunds/FCCs in sail date order (within each Pause group), that is no longer the case as it became too complicated. They did not really say in what order refunds/FCCs within each Pause group would be processed, but as shown in a post in above post, processing for Pauses 2 and 3 will start by the dates shown there.

o When FCCs become available, an E-mail is supposed to be sent out.

o If your deadline for putting a deposit down for a new cruise is reached before FCCs are available for it, the TA can call in or use Polar Online chat to request a further extenion of the deposit required date.

o Although refunds in the past could be processed with a few keystrokes, the multiple options for each Pause could not be handled by the Princess computer programs. Thus, yes, each cancelled booking is being processed  manually.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...