Received FCC and OBC for canceled cruise

IPB4IGO

FCC arrived today, no cash refunds.  Wanted to rebook for next year and use FCC as a deposit and HAL said NO.  This is not right imo.  If HAL wants to stay in business which I doubt, they need to bend their rules.

“In addition, we want to make sure you have ample time to use this credit, so we have updated the terms and conditions accordingly. Your FCC is now valid for 12 months from the date of this notification and may be used to book sailings departing through December 31, 2022.”

This was in my email. Did I misunderstand? I thought we had until 12-31-21 to book using the FCC or request a refund. According to this I only have until May 7, 2021 to book. Just curious if anyone kept a copy...I can’t find that I did...thought I had copies of everything!

I’m glad to hear that some people are receiving their FCC confirmations.  Still haven’t received mine and I cancelled in early March for our April 19th cruise. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wyobean said:

“In addition, we want to make sure you have ample time to use this credit, so we have updated the terms and conditions accordingly. Your FCC is now valid for 12 months from the date of this notification and may be used to book sailings departing through December 31, 2022.”

This was in my email. Did I misunderstand? I thought we had until 12-31-21 to book using the FCC or request a refund. According to this I only have until May 7, 2021 to book. Just curious if anyone kept a copy...I can’t find that I did...thought I had copies of everything!

I checked my paperwork and didn’t see what you are referring to.  Could be. Lot if stuff in the beginning.

I do think what they sent as an FCC confirmation is pretty bad,... no booking number,  ( I am waiting for my April 5th) , so the only way to identify one booking from another is the dollar amount.  I would have liked them to put a date at the heading also since it is date sensitive.

DH and I each received an email from HAL yesterday stating FCC & OBC for March 15th cruise are now available. We also noted

"Your FCC is now valid for 12 months from the date of this notification and may be used to book sailings departing through December 31, 2022."  We look forward to being able to use them.

Given that each booking has to be processed manually, we were pleasantly surprised.

We are still waiting for our FCC email for an April cruise cancelled on March 13th! Our PCC said last week it could still be another 60 days until we hear something. Very frustrating.

On 5/8/2020 at 12:45 AM, wyobean said:

You are right. The email sent on March 14 states that the FCC would be valid until December 31, 2021. Now it seems it's valid until May 7, 2021...

This is the email they sent on March 14:

275304723_CapturadePantalla2020-05-09ala(s)00_57_31.png.4bdbe1d23dd6035bb1d43f478c14ce3b.png