aft balcony on Reflection

mailmama

I was wondering if there are any preferred sky suite (ss1) on the aft corners ? Are some balconies larger than others? I think deck 12 corner sky suites have a window washing machine so that is a con. Anyone have pictures of the different corner rooms? I am looking at the Reflection for next year. Thanks for helping me plan....and dream!

Whenerver possible we sail in S1s on the Solstice class ships. Some like the deck 12 ones because they have the overhang, offering protection from sun, rain and gawkers from above. Others avoid them because of the overhang and noise from chairs and the Oceanview Cafe (we do not book deck 12).  The window washing equipment is usually stored a deck (or two) lower, but can be moved anywhere, up or down. In the photo you get a better idea. We also avoid deck 6 because of the restaurant below, it juts out a little. So that leaves our very favorites on decks 9, 8, 7, in that order. Remember there is a pole in the center of these suites. You can also find videos on Youtube of many cabins. If the suites are out of reach, our next favorite cabins are the SV that are fourth from the starboard side on the S class (actual cabin numbers very). The balcony is so much wider than the others (see photo). 

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had a window washing device on deck 9.  It partially blocked my side view.  I never saw it move.  (The photo sure looks like the device is on deck 11.  Makes me think it could be almost anywhere.)

The S1 balconies on Reflection’s deck 6 are ridiculously tiny.  The chairs only fit sideways.  Avoid at all costs. (Not an issue on other Solstice class ships.). The balcony size increases as you go up, so the deck 12 balcony is the largest.

I’d actually like to try deck 12 once to see if the noise is tolerable since I prefer shade. No shade on the other decks.

The pole didn’t bother me.  I’m kinda surprised I never crashed into it.

I LOVE the side porthole. Really brightens up the cabin.

Edited by raudacruise
Correction

38 minutes ago, raudacruise said:

I had a window washing device on deck 9.  It partially blocked my side view.  I never saw it move.  (The photo sure looks like the device is on deck 11.  Makes me think it could be almost anywhere.)

The S1 balconies on Reflection’s deck 6 are ridiculously tiny.  The chairs only fit sideways.  Avoid at all costs. (Not an issue on other Solstice class ships.). The balcony size increases as you go up, so the deck 12 balcony is the largest.

I’d actually like to try deck 12 once to see if the noise is tolerable since I prefer shade. No shade on the other decks.

The pole didn’t bother me.  I’m kinda surprised I never crashed into it.

I LOVE the side porthole. Really brightens up the cabin.

I think the window washers can slide up or down from deck 11 to maybe 8; due to the aft design, it goes straight vertical, so further from the corner suites, the lower it goes. We have stayed in S1s on decks 7, 8 and 9 and have never noticed a difference in balcony size from deck to deck. I cannot speak to deck 6. They were all gloriously spacious.

Many report the noise from above deck 12 doesn't bother them a bit. Worth a try if you like shade, but I love the sun. There can be shade on the other decks, sometimes even total shade, depending on the time of day and the direction of travel, but certainly not reliable.

So nice to have choices.

1 hour ago, sippican said:

I think the window washers can slide up or down from deck 11 to maybe 8; due to the aft design, it goes straight vertical, so further from the corner suites, the lower it goes. We have stayed in S1s on decks 7, 8 and 9 and have never noticed a difference in balcony size from deck to deck. I cannot speak to deck 6. They were all gloriously spacious.

Many report the noise from above deck 12 doesn't bother them a bit. Worth a try if you like shade, but I love the sun. There can be shade on the other decks, sometimes even total shade, depending on the time of day and the direction of travel, but certainly not reliable.

So nice to have choices.

I agree; the balconies are the same size for the S1 corner afts, except for deck 6.  I have been on Reflection several times, and the spider has always been on the same deck shown in the photo...

• Like 1

I stand corrected on the size of S1 balconies on Reflection except for decks 6 and 12.  (Paul Blackburn posted a picture of the teeny S1 balcony on 6.)  On the deck plans the cabins (not the balcony) seem larger as you go up.  I’ve never stayed in an S1 lower than deck 8.

This just goes to show I shouldn’t rely on my memory!  I cruised Reflection several times in a row, so I made a wrong assumption.  I had to search my photos to solve the mystery.  The evil spider that unrelentingly haunted my cruise was on the EQUINOX.  Beats me which deck.  The spider was always there blocking my side view.

Sorry if I caused any confusion!  I’ll go away now...🚢

• Like 1