Allure or Symphony?

Allure is a beautiful ship...and it's huge!  Even more so in person.  There is so much to explore on this ship...regrettably, we didn't get to do it all because there just weren't enough days on our itinerary, which was very port intensive.  Mama Mia was excellent...and full length, so plan on making an evening of it.

I have not been on Symphony and since our Allure experience, we have jumped over to Celebrity for smaller ships and fewer children. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Hi,

would you book Allure or Symphony?

We know we would absolutely love Mamma Mia but maybe Symphony has other advantages?

Thank you your input!

We’ve done Oasis (pre-amp) & Symphony. Both were phenomenal cruising experiences. I trust that you would find Allure to be the same. 

I don’t know if allure is going to get amplified or if that impacts your decision. The water slides, the abyss, the escape room were all fun additions for us. There were a lot of great dining options and the entertainment was very good. Grease is on symphony. 

Symphony all day for us. We were Harmony Feb 2019 and it was awesome but Allure this past Feb left us wanting. Allure is badly in need of the amplification that is doesn't look like it's getting anytime soon....in my opinion. 

I have loved Allure since its beginning but would now pick Symphony for sure.  Hooked is great as is Solarium Bistro.  Can't beat the entertainment and I'm in agreement with tag that luckily it doesn't have Cats!!! 🤣

If you've never been on an Oasis class ship then all things being equal you could flip a coin and end up with a similar experience on either of them. Personally Symphony is my current favorite because she is new and beautiful, but Allure is a close second favorite even in her current condition (which is still fantastic IMHO). You can try to objectively compare the ships' features and amenities and itineraries and prices, but I have found that a big part of the decision comes down to subjective experiences. Our most enjoyable cruises have been on Symphony and Allure so they are our two favorites.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake show cruiser said:

I know the Allure amplified was called off but does anyone know if they will add anything to the ship, or just leave as is and send it back to the US with nothing new or even renovated? 

Still unknown. Allure still needs to get into drydock for certain required maintenance. It's possible that some other renovations could occur at the same time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Hi, would you book Allure or Symphony? We know we would absolutely love Mamma Mia but maybe Symphony has other advantages? Thank you your input!

Both ships are similar. The Symphony is a lot newer and the cruise line is constantly trying to update their approach to cursing and putting it on the new and amped ships. From the Oasis-class perspective, we have sailed on the Allure, Harmony and Symphony in the past 18 months. And we would give the Symphony the edge. 

• Like 1