What will 2021 World Cruise be like..?

I suspect whether or not they even sail will depend on whether or not there is a vaccine available.   If not, then I suspect the cruises will not be happening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smokeyham said:

I suspect whether or not they even sail will depend on whether or not there is a vaccine available.   If not, then I suspect the cruises will not be happening.

Having a vaccine that is effective (and January may well be too early for that to be proven) has to be a consideration, I think.  The other,  what I think is a major consideration,  is if countries that the cruise is supposed to visit will permit foreign guests to enter.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Having a vaccine that is effective (and January may well be too early for that to be proven) has to be a consideration, I think.  The other,  what I think is a major consideration,  is if countries that the cruise is supposed to visit will permit foreign guests to enter.  

Excellent points!  --- Effective vaccine + the willingness of countries to allow cruise ships in.  Gary Bembridge has created a very good video on the hurdles that the cruise lines will have to overcome to start cruising again. 

• 2 months later...

Having completed a 2020 WC that didn't get into many ports, I would be very surprised if many, if any 2021 WC's actually sail.

Viking Ocean cancelled the 2021 WC last week, since getting into ports was unlikely.

16 hours ago, The Other Tom said:

I'm pretty sure HAL has cancelled the 2021 world cruise.  I also read they sold the Amsterdam.

Affirmative, both Amsterdam and Rotterdam were purchased by Fred Olsen, being renamed Bolette & Borealis.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 4:01 PM, chipmaster said:

W/O a vaccine, not even worth discussing

Three months latter cruising on small ships just starting with the virus not contained on these small cruises, I believe your 100% right . We’ll see what it will be like in three more months In Nov.

• 2 weeks later...