"New York is closed to cruises the rest of the year." LOL

1 hour ago, P_Mcruisers said:

I too am booked for a cruise to Canada in Sept on the Breakaway out of NYC. And am hopeful that we sail on that date. 

At this time there are many many cabins available on the Breakaway's Sept 5th sailing. And i believe that on the sail date there will be many many vacant rooms. This Although this  may  be an opportunity for an upgrade,

What do you think of the possibility of a cancellation by NCL because the sailing may not be cost efficient for the corporation???  Could it be cost prohibitive for NCL?

Just a thought.

I believe they will sail no matter how many cabins are sold/unsold. There is no way they want to refund even more money. I would also think that if they start cruising in September out of NYC that a lot of people that had their cruises canceled and are hanging on to their FCC will start booking into these initial start up cruises and those cabins will fill up quickly.

4 hours ago, surfone said:

Do any of you Canadians or New Englanders have any opinion or have you heard any news on sailings out of Boston in Sept/Oct for the New England/Canada cruises ? Do you think any will sail? Thanks

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

i am booked on the Encore for Sept out of NYC. There is a chance it might sail, it depends on when Canada reopens their borders and if they are willing to accept passengers

3 hours ago, Chris_2448 said:

If they are cruising out of NYC in September (and I believe they will - just my opinion however) the cruise will sail. If Canada is not re-opened yet they will just go somewhere else. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, P_Mcruisers said:

I too am booked for a cruise to Canada in Sept on the Breakaway out of NYC. And am hopeful that we sail on that date. 

At this time there are many many cabins available on the Breakaway's Sept 5th sailing. And i believe that on the sail date there will be many many vacant rooms. This Although this  may  be an opportunity for an upgrade,

What do you think of the possibility of a cancellation by NCL because the sailing may not be cost efficient for the corporation???  Could it be cost prohibitive for NCL?

Just a thought.

21 minutes ago, Chris_2448 said:

I believe they will sail no matter how many cabins are sold/unsold. There is no way they want to refund even more money. I would also think that if they start cruising in September out of NYC that a lot of people that had their cruises canceled and are hanging on to their FCC will start booking into these initial start up cruises and those cabins will fill up quickly.

NCLH CEO Frank Del Rio has already stated that he expects to restart NCL cruises late in the year (late third quarter, meaning September, to sometime in the  fourth quarter) initially with only three ships, and that it may take six months to fully resume operations .

No one knows which ships are going to be put in service first and what itineraries will resume first as that hasn't been announced, but given the pandemic's severity in the New York metropolitan area and the Northeast in general I think it's a real long shot that ships sailing from New York or Boston will be in the first wave of NCL cruises...and the earlier in September the cruise is scheduled, the less likely it is to sail regardless of home port or itinerary.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

It makes sense NCL or any other cruise line start operations from the ports which have the least amount of cases in the area

I agree. This is y florida and Texas make the most sense imo.  

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

NCLH CEO Frank Del Rio has already stated that he expects to restart NCL cruises late in the year (late third quarter, meaning September, to sometime in the  fourth quarter) initially with only three ships, and that it may take six months to fully resume operations .

No one knows which ships are going to be put in service first and what itineraries will resume first as that hasn't been announced, but given the pandemic's severity in the New York metropolitan area and the Northeast in general I think it's a real long shot that ships sailing from New York or Boston will be in the first wave of NCL cruises...and the earlier in September the cruise is scheduled, the less likely it is to sail regardless of home port or itinerary.

Yes, that makes sense.  Only a few ships to begin sailing,  so pretty sure they will not be out of the Northeast.  This whole restart for the cruiselines is going to be very interesting to say the least to watch unfold.  Hoping for the best for all of them, too.

44 minutes ago, surfone said:

Yes, that makes sense.  Only a few ships to begin sailing,  so pretty sure they will not be out of the Northeast.  This whole restart for the cruiselines is going to be very interesting to say the least to watch unfold.  Hoping for the best for all of them, too.

I talked to a travel agent the other day that said she had heard of a few expected test runs out of florida to the bahamas. Makes sense. We'll all have to wait and see what happens in the next few months. 

As a NY City resident, I am willing to bet money that there will be no cruises in 2020.  

NY State and NYC are 2 different worlds at this point.  NYS is planning to start reopening this week.  NYC is going to have a 4 stage opening process with 2-3 weeks in between each stage to see if the numbers hold or go up as more people are around each other.  Stage 1 should start early/mid June.  So by time you're at stage 4, Summer is over.

And given that most medical experts are predicting another wave come Fall, after the world goes back to somewhat normalcy, but before there is a vaccine or "herd immunity"...there goes Fall and Winter.  

My guess is Spring 2021, unless a vaccine somehow is available beforehand.

Hopefully I'm wrong.  Not because I really care or am interested on jumping on a cruise ship right now, as we still wear masks anytime we leave the house and scrounge for things like toilet paper and lysol wipes.  But if there are cruise ships running weekly from NY, maybe the rest of NY is also running and we can get back living our lives.  

On 5/12/2020 at 4:43 PM, GettotheSun said:

Of all the posts the mods chose to delete, this survives?  You have got to be kidding me.  

Seaman11 (or "whoever you are" LMAO), keep being you.

OceanBlueWaters: your sanctimonious post is the definition of trolling.  Thanks for coming out.

Sorry.  I didn't mean to offend anyone and as stated it was JUST MY OPINION.

My son is remote learning from College.  He had exams this week(s).  He is specializing in Bio-Tech/Bio-Chemistry.  Can they cheat on exams via Remote?  Yup.  Can anything replace onsite Labs with "hands on"?  Be a part of developing cures for this horrible virus via remote?  Nope.

We all have our priorities/opinions.  Sure, I want to cruise again, but not at the expense of our future leaders and how their education has been impacted. 

POINT? 

NCL sends at least 2 emails a day, coupled with brochures in the mail to sail on their lovely ships with unknown itineraries and unknown ship protocol.

USA children need to go back to school/College before Cruise Lines run again and declare how important they are. Colleges/Schools are WAY more important.

Not a troll, but thank you for asking/insinuating.  Just reporting from here in my small space of the universe in South New Jersey.

Just my opinion and look forward to cruising in 2021 on the Sky which is a lovely ship which I adore.  I am hoping all will be safe by then. 🤧

Be safe 🙂

• Like 1